• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Worlds 2011 - Rochester NY

If you're coming in early check out the Ten Ugly Men festival on Saturday. Then the German House 'get to know your competitors' night on Sunday/live concert. Also, post on grdgc.org when/where you are going out, folks looking to play all the time, will be your course guide.

Any one know when flights will be assigned so we can plan what order to walk the courses in?

Any one know when flights will be assigned so we can plan what order to walk the courses in?

This was posted by the TD on the GRDGC forum Friday:

Pool notification?
About the 2011 PDGA Amateur World Championships!

When will we know details of what pool we are in? Thank you.

Reply with quoteRe: Pool notification?
by Tony Inzana » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:13 pm

at registration
Tony Inzana

So nothing until Sunday, unless you arrive in Rochester after 5:00 when registration closes (which we will), then you're SOL until 10:00 Monday.

Really??

That's new isn't it? I remember knowing my pool last year the Monday after registration closed. This is a bit silly. I have friends coming up from Mobile, AL who don't know the area and they're sharing a car. Knowing Pool Assignments early is a huge help for planning as an out of towner.

I'm coming from Memphis.

I hope this isn't true. I know they usually allot four pools for ADV in case it fills. I think we can assume with the registered numbers that it'll be three pools, but waiting until Sunday the 24th to find out seems a bit ridiculous.

Then the German House 'get to know your competitors' night on Sunday/live concert.

The tourney info says players who've registered get in for $2. If we arrive Sunday after registration closes at 5:00 are we out of luck on the discount admission?

Yea,
Are we just supposed to practice all three courses for ADV men (A B and C's courses)? Registration is closed, we should know flights this morning I would think.

I'm not sure what you mean by flights, but I believe the pools are set by the pdga, whom are out of the office until Wednesday (saw that in another post).

If you're competing in the Worlds the German House night is $2. It won't matter if you've checked in yet or not.

You need to have the pass to get in for $2, how do you get that besides checking in?

I just wish the Registration list would get updated to give a full field count. Right now there are 68 players in Adv Masters and at that it seems pointless to have two pools if we are 72 or less. Would like to get these facts ahead of time to make better plans for arrival and as others mentioned course practice priority. Last year for World's (my only trip) I believe they posted the pools on the Tuesday after Registration closed. One thing different that could be causing a delay is that this year they allowed Pool assignment requests (Player to be in same pool with for car pool reasons for first three rounds prior to the shuffle). I could see where trying to accommodate this could take some additional time.

Either way looking forward to hitting the road Sunday morning and I know these guys have a lot of work/organizing to do. Thanks Again to the Rochester area guys!

Here's the schedule of play:

http://www.pdga.com/pdga-documents/am-worlds-schedule

It will show you the courses your division is playing, just not the order you'll be playing in. All pools in each division play the same courses, just in a different order.

IMO, Basil and Parma will make or break the most players next week. Parma has everything and is hard as hell in every way. Basil is very tight, and if you're not accurate it will be a long round....Trust me.:wall:

If you're coming in early check out the Ten Ugly Men festival on Saturday. Then the German House 'get to know your competitors' night on Sunday/live concert. Also, post on grdgc.org when/where you are going out, folks looking to play all the time, will be your course guide.

I'll be getting in Friday, setting up camp and relaxing, but those both sound pretty cool after practicing during the day. I will check out that website further and try to touch base with the Rochester folks. Thanks again!

Right now there are 68 players in Adv Masters and at that it seems pointless to have two pools if we are 72 or less. Would like to get these facts ahead of time to make better plans for arrival and as others mentioned course practice priority.
95% sure the plan will be to eliminate the second Adv Master F pool so everyone can play together under the same conditions.

95% sure the plan will be to eliminate the second Adv Master F pool so everyone can play together under the same conditions.

Thanks for the info Chuck - That's what I'm hoping for because of transportation reasons. More players would be great but one pool makes logistics easy.