• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Worlds 2011 - Rochester NY

Am Worlds Kick off party this Sunday!!! At the German House/the Keg Sports bar. 315 Gregory St. Food and drink specials, indoor kan jam, three amazing bands!! Check 'em out.

www.walriloverock.com
http://fmgreen.net/
joshnetsky.bandcamp.com

We all know competition can be intense, and brings out the warrior in us. So come meet your fellow competitors (and Am Worlds Staff) in a chill, relaxed atmosphere while you're all still friends! Trash talkin' encouraged.

Randomly ended up playing a round with the top rated player in the tourney last night.

Lets just say I'm glad he's playin' with the old guys!!

Anyone willing to get me some cool swag from am worlds? Maybe a mini or some stickers or anything? I'll trade you a disc or something

Played two courses today... Ellison and Parma.

Love them both and had a lot of fun on Ellison. Parma requires a ton of patience and there are certainly some tricky holes. I kept score on my first shots on each hole and let's just say I hope that my tourney rounds are MUCH lower.

Couple questions: Tee signs on Parma? I had a hard time navigating the course even with the course map. Especially around 9 - 14. Holes 4 - 7 are tough too. I saw that the wooden stakes are in the ground on each hole, but no signs...

Just checking in because I could see pools having a hard time finding their hole if they arrived last minute.

Courses look great though and they were full of people practicing today.

Love them both and had a lot of fun on Ellison. Parma requires a ton of patience and there are certainly some tricky holes. I kept score on my first shots on each hole and let's just say I hope that my tourney rounds are MUCH lower.

Couple questions: Tee signs on Parma? I had a hard time navigating the course even with the course map. Especially around 9 - 14. Holes 4 - 7 are tough too. I saw that the wooden stakes are in the ground on each hole, but no signs...

Just checking in because I could see pools having a hard time finding their hole if they arrived last minute.

Signs will be in. Glad you enjoyed the courses, and you will not be the only one getting roughed up by Parma! Tough course!

Temp. signs went in yesterday. The perm. ones should be in at some point this week.

I just read that about Andrew on facebook..that's awesome! He should win 16 and under pretty handily. Victoria said she and Nate took a double circle 7 on Hole 15 second round and wound up losing my 3. That really stinx!

But, I'm still thinking at least one of the titles is coming home to Raleigh.

PS: If you're getting all those Aces at Zeb you really should come to a monthly. The Ace Pool even with $450 being cashed at the Ching is back up to $250 at least!

Seriously appreciating everyone's work and help on here, and I'm sorry to ask so many questions.

One quick one: I played Genesee tonight and I skipped past the basket on hole 6. I skipped out of the grass and over the walkway. Is that OB?

I would assume yes from the map that states all roads and walkways are OB... But the circle for 33" painted around the basket is painted over the walkway and into the grass on the other side. My disc was actually inside the putting circle (which was painted) but on the other side of the path.

Just curious. Also, will there be signs on Genesee or will the painted hole # and distance on the flypads be clear enough?

Delaware has landed!!! played Basil then Parma today! Lovinging it, courses looked great, well marked. Parma is a beauty!

I just read that about Andrew on facebook..that's awesome! He should win 16 and under pretty handily. Victoria said she and Nate took a double circle 7 on Hole 15 second round and wound up losing my 3. That really stinx!

But, I'm still thinking at least one of the titles is coming home to Raleigh.

PS: If you're getting all those Aces at Zeb you really should come to a monthly. The Ace Pool even with $450 being cashed at the Ching is back up to $250 at least!

I hit those two aces on the same day. It was the last time I played Zeb. Hole 2 was with a 2001 CE Roc and 17 was with a Demon.

If you are going to be in Rochester and want to meet up Saturday or Sunday, even for dinner. PM me. I am not playing, but I am driving up to meet some of you guys.

Anyone in town that is not playing is more then welcome to be a spotter. Talk to Gene Beaumont, or just go to a course and talk to the course TD.

15yr old Nick Economos wins the distance comp with a 507 into a headwind. Not bad for a kid who has only been playing a 1.5 yrs. Congrats to Nick.