• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

They are claiming there are less than 10 spots left, last chance you guys...

I wish they would close registration now at 72 unless they have some of the pros drop out. Currently I only see three of us from SC (2 from Charleston and one from the Greenville area) signed up (2 ams and 1 pro) and one am from Augusta. I am shocked many of the players who have signed up will be traveling this far to SC for this but I guess with the course being so close to Charlotte, Rock Hill and Augusta (I guess a couple of hours away) they maybe making plans to play other places as well. I also saw some beer from the brewery where the players meeting is being held at Trader Joe's in Mt Pleasant, SC this week for $11 a six pack?! I guess the beers on tap will comparable to drink prices in Manhattan without the views.

I wish they would close registration now at 72 unless they have some of the pros drop out. Currently I only see three of us from SC (2 from Charleston and one from the Greenville area) signed up (2 ams and 1 pro) and one am from Augusta. I am shocked many of the players who have signed up will be traveling this far to SC for this but I guess with the course being so close to Charlotte, Rock Hill and Augusta (I guess a couple of hours away) they maybe making plans to play other places as well. I also saw some beer from the brewery where the players meeting is being held at Trader Joe's in Mt Pleasant, SC this week for $11 a six pack?! I guess the beers on tap will comparable to drink prices in Manhattan without the views.

You must not be a craft brew guy. Those prices are pretty normal for a good beer.

I wish they would close registration now at 72 unless they have some of the pros drop out.

They haven't said what the cap is, but I assume they need to take in as much money as they can.

I guess I missed this, but they've posted payout information:

https://americandiscgolftour.com/event-info/

Along with the no-refund policy. It says "Updated 4/11/16", so I have no idea whether the no-refund policy was there before---or if the "No Registration Refunds within 30 days of the event" was just posted, conveniently late. I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention.

You must not be a craft brew guy. Those prices are pretty normal for a good beer.

Definitely not a craft brew guy. I also do not wear skinny jeans, have a beard and listen to Coldplay. Hipsters are doing everything they can to ruin the coast of SC's vibe so I tend to stay clear of local breweries unless I have an obligation to go to one.

That's seems kinda low for a $300 entry fee.

It's 100% payback, after greens fees.

Plus there's the lavish players pack, if you like that sort of stuff.

But it is pretty meager for traveling pros, covering entries and travel expenses. Then again, I don't think I've seen any ADGT posts boasting of a great payout. "ESPN" is the draw.

It's 100% payback, after greens fees.

Plus there's the lavish players pack, if you like that sort of stuff.

But it is pretty meager for traveling pros, covering entries and travel expenses. Then again, I don't think I've seen any ADGT posts boasting of a great payout. "ESPN" is the draw.

So they don't have any added cash for Open? LOL

I don't see a single Charlotte area player on the registration list (if you exclude Barry and Ricky). Ouch.

Definitely not a craft brew guy. I also do not wear skinny jeans, have a beard and listen to Coldplay. Hipsters are doing everything they can to ruin the coast of SC's vibe so I tend to stay clear of local breweries unless I have an obligation to go to one.

I love stereotypes
i don't wear skinny jeans
I don't have a beard
i don't listen to coldplay
i don't like crappy beer, which is what most of the budweisers of the world are.

to each their own

Where are the players making up the AM field coming from if Charleston, Charlotte and Columbia aren't the bulk?

The cynic might say, far from Salient.

I haven't bothered to cross-check, but there are 112 people listed under the membership tab, with their home towns. They come from all over---well, mostly, all over except here.

On the bright side, this should be good for the host hotels. No one's sleeping in their own beds.

Just to put disc golf on espn3 in perspective:

ESPN and the International Drone Racing Association (IDRA) have announced a partnership to broadcast drone racing live on TV, starting with a three-day event in New York City this August. The sport is being positioned as the niche interest it still is — with the NYC championship streaming live on online channel ESPN3 before being edited down to a one-hour TV broadcast — but ESPN is certainly dreaming big about its future. "Drone racing is currently seeing an unprecedented rise in popularity," said the network in a press release, "and is poised to become the next behemoth racing sport alongside NASCAR and Formula 1."

Whether that's true or not remains to be seen, but the sport is certainly building momentum. Drone racing leagues of all shapes and sizes have been springing up around the world, videos of talented pilots rack up big view counts on YouTube, and just this March, a British teenager won $250,000 after taking first place in the inaugural World Drone Prix in Dubai. Proponents of the sport say it'll only get more exciting as video streaming improves, and 360-degree footage and VR headsets are added to the mix.

Beards are hip now? SC has vibe? Given how fat we are these days, would skinny jeans be any jeans that aren't fat boy jeans. What is a hipster these days? Because when I was young being hip meant swearing off all the cool things, like craft beer, and skinny jeans, to show you were too cool.

Beards serve one real purpose in life. As a repository for your breakfast so that if you miss lunch you have a lite snack ready. Words of wisdom from my father, a guy who sported a mammoth beard all his life and was very far from being hip.

BTW - are you talking about the pop band Coldplay? Any band that is pop, I would think by definition would be the opposite of hip. Maybe you should listen to them to prove you're counter culture?

really? you don't have to be a hipster to not want to drink disgusting watered down beer

Wow, you hipsters sure get riled up over your craft beers! LOL. :p:D;):)

Hopefully enough emojies to get across that I'm just having fun and not actually calling anyone, or not calling anyone, a hipster.

Latest posts