• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

There's plenty to bag on these guys and this event for, but I'm not seeing the bolded as being such a case. If the people behind Salient are the people behind the ADGT, it would stand to reason that they're contributing the most (time, energy, money, product) to the event and therefore warrant being the most prominent "sponsor" of the event. Can't really begrudge them that.

I agree. They're probably the equivalent of a Name Sponsor. It could be "The American Open, presented by Salient Discs".

Though even they are probably aware of the P.R. pitfalls of doing so. From the beginning, they've tiptoed carefully around tying it to Salient very closely.

There's plenty to bag on these guys and this event for, but I'm not seeing the bolded as being such a case. If the people behind Salient are the people behind the ADGT, it would stand to reason that they're contributing the most (time, energy, money, product) to the event and therefore warrant being the most prominent "sponsor" of the event. Can't really begrudge them that.

beat me to it.

This really is Salient's last shot at glory. I'm not saying that as hyperbole...they cannot sustain their business with just their Salient Squad. Granted their Squad has become huge as of late, but it's still under 100 people. 100 customers, buying your products at a 20 percent discount, is not going to sustain the business. No dealer will stock them...my friend who lives next to Gotta Go Gotta Throw (the only dealer I can find online who still stocks them) said they are practically giving away their Salient stock because no one will buy it.

So all the hype and craziness around ADGT is really all they have. I wont presume to know the financial situation of the owners of Salient, but if they are investing as much as we kind of think they are into this event, it HAS to be a success.

Dr. Chris Kilgus used his "Dr" credential in the welcome note of the caddy book.

Dude is legit. To the max. Respect, homie.

222px-Dr_Nick.png

Last edited:
2 hr broadcast. W00t!

And to keep it classy, no jeans or jean shorts are allowed.

THANK GOODNESS!!! Possibly another reason only three people from SC signed up. I am surprised Wrangler or Lee has not approached the PDGA about putting on a SC Jorts Disc Golf Tour in the state as popular as they are at tournaments.

THANK GOODNESS!!! Possibly another reason only three people from SC signed up. I am surprised Wrangler or Lee has not approached the PDGA about putting on a SC Jorts Disc Golf Tour in the state as popular as they are at tournaments.

Jorts? Didn't know there was a word for it...

Do they still make those, or are they DIY only these days? I'm not up on the jean short trends.

Jorts? Didn't know there was a word for it...

Do they still make those, or are they DIY only these days? I'm not up on the jean short trends.

You evidently have never been to my hometown Myrtle Beach, SC. I think you are not allowed to stay in a hotel between 10th Ave North and 29th Ave South unless you show up wearing a pair and sporting an Ohio State or Steelers shirt.

Do you win the car for hitting the flag or does it have to hit Ace?
You have to hit Ace, it's clearly written so. :|
Found a typo, and there are probably more. The third grader doesn't use spell check.

Playersyers!!

I'm also surprised that for the amount of OB that there is, they don't explain in writing how it works. A copy of the ADGT rules should be in here for reference.
Hey but you get a free beverage! Apparently one beverage for all the players to share.

Found a typo, and there are probably more. The third grader doesn't use spell check.

Playersyers!!

I'm also surprised that for the amount of OB that there is, they don't explain in writing how it works. A copy of the ADGT rules should be in here for reference.

adgt works more from a common law perspective. You play OB the way you have always played it. If it disputed you go before the TD and he weighs the situation in light of past decisions.

The part about this is that it opens the door for a rogue TD to set some particularly interesting precedents.

What if he decided that "no drinking" meant no drinking. water is only allowed between rounds?

What if he decided that "polo shirt for all rounds" meant that only polo shirts were allowed to be worn during rounds? And no garments covering the lower half of the body. Yikes.

What if he were to decide that the "caddy pass" that each player is allowed one of means that the caddy may run down the fairway and be "passed" the disc?

Question: Will the foremost tour in quality disc golf tournaments allow women to wear tennis dresses?

(there is only one woman registered for the open, and she isn't Holly Finley)

Latest posts