• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ape $h!t

exactly.

inception_ape_innova.jpg

I sometimes wonder if Innova feels like they have to make a big production out of every random mold they cast, even though they're just randomly guessing about how changes in mold shape will affect the flight. And many of you (you know who you are!) simply encourage this behavior, by going out and buying up whatever garbage they sell, just because its "new."

Just forget about the fact that the plastic and run variations will be so huge for any Innova disc that you basically don't ever have a true Innova "mold" as such, by rather a shotgun random pattern of behavior and a total crap shoot with new discs. The plastic is all over the place, and their discs rarely have the same shape (hence we have to invent terms like PLH variation, domey vs flat, etc.).

I only carry one Innova mold now, and even that isn't a full-time member of my bag.

I believe the PD was also.

Really, I just think Stable discs get compared to the Teebird because it is such a well known, consistent flyer. It happens on here actually more than anywhere else, and not so much with Innova and DaveD.

Went to the local dealer and saw an Innova poster of flight charateristics. Already has the Ape on it with ratings of: 13, 5, 0, 4

Also, on their website:

http://innovadiscs.com/media/PDF/2011_driver_web.pdf

Have you read the new "descriptions" of the discs? This is fucking ridiculous. *Newb walks up to Innova poster at PIAS* "Hmmm..... Do I really need a disc that 'lands with authority'? Or would I be better served by a driver that charges forward and doesn't stray too far off course?

Whoever it was that was bitching about discmania's C-line hype machine needs to read this garbage.

rooneytunes said:
Have you read the new "descriptions" of the discs? This is fucking ridiculous. *Newb walks up to Innova poster at PIAS* "Hmmm..... Do I really need a disc that 'lands with authority'? Or would I be better served by a driver that charges forward and doesn't stray too far off course?

Whoever it was that was bitching about discmania's C-line hype machine needs to read this garbage.

:lol: those descriptions are priceless...in a horrible way! They don't really tell you anything about the overall flight pattern at all.

So threw one of these a few times today. Green 175. Nice dome to it and the plastic was the softer champ. Didn't get to throw it in a wind but throw flat it threw straight for about 300' and then start hyzering but not hard. Good forward fade to it. Reminds me a lot of the good domey star Xcals but again this was in no wind. I'm gonna get to throw this again this weekend and hopefully there will be some wind to test it against.

Not as far for me and with a harder, but still forward, fade for me. I really wish there would have been some wind around today b/c that is where I am most interested in it at. I have some C-PD2's coming that should be here by this weekend so I'll be able to compare it to them also.

Threw the C-PD2 and the Ape side by side today in 30 mph winds. Threw it into the headwind and into a left to right sidewind.

For the headwind, they both held hyzers the whole way with the PD2 fading out harder left at the end and the Ape skipping farther forward. neither of them stood up from hyzer when I threw them and when thrown flat into the headwind the Ape tracked very slightly right but not more than like 5-10'.

Into the L to R sidewind, the PD2 would hold a hyzer the whole way and the Ape would move about 10-15' right before fading back pretty well.

Overall I would describe the Ape as a C-PD2 L. I'll get some side by side pics tonight or tomorrow. The Ape has the same little microbead the PD2 has but the underside of the wing flattens a little more than the PD2 and the shoulder above the nose is much lower.