• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

I must be one of the few people who didn't think Electron was bad. Sure, it warped a bit, but it held its stability, which is all that matters in my opinion. I had a Soft Harp that warped, too, and I don't hear people complaining about Westside plastic.

It also leaves some space for a mid grade baseline like pro plastic. For the record i dont think electron plastic is bad but has room for improvement- specially for players who would like a true firm/hard option. My mediums are not all that firm after a year even now with it getting colder.

Like most things MVP i see no reason they wont improve on it. Cant say anything about throwing mvp products has been bad as theyve grown. Consistency might even be better and the feel of neutron/proton are great in newest runs. Not too soft but the improved grip.

I must be one of the few people who didn't think Electron was bad. Sure, it warped a bit, but it held its stability, which is all that matters in my opinion. I had a Soft Harp that warped, too, and I don't hear people complaining about Westside plastic.

Yep, any baseline will warp or bend with tree hits. The least susceptible is probably Gateway S.

I have to agree, the more I play with my Electrons the more I like them, no they don't stay pretty nearly as long as other MVP blends, but they grip well and fly well.

Here's the deal, as I see it. When people are used to throwing other MVP putters, which have all been in premium plastic, Electron is a disappointment, comparatively. Well, no kidding! Been spoiled by throwing durable Neutron and Proton?

It also leaves some space for a mid grade baseline like pro plastic. For the record i dont think electron plastic is bad but has room for improvement- specially for players who would like a true firm/hard option. My mediums are not all that firm after a year even now with it getting colder.

Like most things MVP i see no reason they wont improve on it. Cant say anything about throwing mvp products has been bad as theyve grown. Consistency might even be better and the feel of neutron/proton are great in newest runs. Not too soft but the improved grip.

Good points. Putting putters is MVP's weak point for me. I have a neutron Proxy now, but would like an Atom, Proxy or even an Ion in a material that is between Electron and Neutron. And firm, of course. :)

Been putting with premium mvp putters since I started. Chain outs and grip have been a non issue. I guess it's what you're used to

Seems to get scuffs easily but the feel and flight are okay. Reminds me of BT Soft kind of.

I don't care about the look. You've been using it to drive and the flight hasn't changed?

I don't care about the look. You've been using it to drive and the flight hasn't changed?

I was using the Atom as a putter only, but I put my other "new" one in the bag and have been throwing it along with my Proxy for probably 3 months now...including drives. Flight is close so I sub the Atom mainly when grip's an issue, or just for the heck of it.

What do you mean by flight changing? Are you going to tell me it's a flippy turd after getting beat up? Beat putters stay pretty straight, Atom included. There's just not much speed or turn in putter design, so they keep their flight integrity better than beat up drivers and FD's. My "throwing" Atom's not clean anymore, but what baseline putter is after a couple rounds?

I was using the Atom as a putter only, but I put my other "new" one in the bag and have been throwing it along with my Proxy for probably 3 months now...including drives. Flight is close so I sub the Atom mainly when grip's an issue, or just for the heck of it.

What do you mean by flight changing? Are you going to tell me it's a flippy turd after getting beat up? Beat putters stay pretty straight, Atom included. There's just not much speed or turn in putter design, so they keep their flight integrity better than beat up drivers and FD's. My "throwing" Atom's not clean anymore, but what baseline putter is after a couple rounds?

Again, I don't care about the look.

Small sample size but my Atom started developing turn very quickly. Like after just a few rounds of using it to drive. Maybe I had a freak. Maybe I was throwing too hard #hugedong

That doesn't mean I wouldn't be happy to see an ion in the current blend. I don't hate electron. Just pointing out the downside that I've experienced. Not really that controversial.

But AIM hit the nail on the head. If there wasn't something off with electron, then why haven't we seen another mold in the last 12 months?

Last edited:
Again, I don't care about the look.

Small sample size but my Atom started developing turn very quickly. Like after just a few rounds of using it to drive. Maybe I had a freak. Maybe I was throwing too hard #hugedong

That doesn't mean I wouldn't be happy to see an ion in the current blend. I don't hate electron. Just pointing out the downside that I've experienced. Not really that controversial.

But AIM hit the nail on the head. If there wasn't something off with electron, then why haven't we seen another mold in the last 12 months?

Maybe because everybody b*tches about it here.

I should mention that my Atoms are firm Electron, not soft.

How about the Playdough blend? It's even worse. I still see some decent DX on the shelf here and there, but I don't think it's the new stuff.

Actually the newest dx coming out of innova is very nice not waxy at all nice and stiff with great grip and great durability for dx. Innova nailed it with the recent dx I hope it stays for awhile.

The MVP base plastic does not compare to good dx plastic especially the newest stuff coming out.