• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

Mine is seasoning up nice. I use it as mostly an approach and long go-for putts, not as my circle putter. I have put into the chains practice putting as well. I have used it on some shorter holes off the tee too.

This disc has seen some licks during my testing and has some damage and still has pretty much the same flight ( for me ) since I put it in the bag. This "base" formula accomplishes the beat in-able goal AND still fly's nice. My personal Atom has hit a few trees, been thru some tree limbs, hit my house twice, and last weekend it was thrown at power into the corner of a building with metal roofing...:doh:. That one cut into the flight plate and om a little. Still flying great though. The "sideboobs" haven't been that big of a problem ether, I have a slight little flight plate variance but nothing like some of the new disc with that problem.

I will try to post up some pics tonight.

I like AND bag this disc and I am no MVP fanboy and have made my opinion know on not really liking MVP here. I will be grabbing a few more of these and plan on keeping them in my disc rotation :thmbup:.

I have said before this disc is what I expected a Pure to be for me. I tried the Pure and hated it pretty quick ( I have even given it multiple chances, still no love ). The Atom was awesome at first throw AND continued to work after the "new disc infatuation" period has passed.

Last edited:
I haven't gotten a lot of rounds in lately but with about 10rounds on them I only have one gouge in my pink firm. It is along the bottom of the rim half on the OM and it isn't really all that bad considering how hard I hit the top of the basket when it happened. I think they are more durable than a ProD or DX, and the grip is far superior.

How does an Atom compare to the Aviar PnA for putts and approaches? Basically, I'm looking for a Proxy/Envy feel in base plastic with the putting flight of Aviar PnA. I think an Electron Proxy would work, but they don't make that yet. I can wait, but if an Electron Atom would work, I might pick one up to try.

Its been awhile since I threw a PA aviar but I would think the firm atom has slightly more fade but not by much.

This probably...to me the feel will be more different than the flight.

I think I prefer the feel of the proxy to the aviar which is what sent me on this line of thinking. Does the atom feel like the proxy? Ideally I'd want a base proxy for circle, neutron proxy for outside circle putts and some approaches, and neutron envy for drives and other approaches. Just wondering if an atom might work if they don't make a base proxy any time soon or ever.

Last edited:
I just laid a firm and a proxy side by side. The proxy has a higher PLH and the bottom part of the rim is more perpendicular to the plate than the atom. The atom feels slimmer in the hand too.

I just laid a firm and a proxy side by side. The proxy has a higher PLH and the bottom part of the rim is more perpendicular to the plate than the atom. The atom feels slimmer in the hand too.

Thanks. That helps a lot. I have to buy online mostly and can't usually feel them without buying them.

. Just wondering if an atom might work if they don't make a base proxy any time soon or ever.

If we're talking about circle putts, the Atom might be worth a go. I agree with Brutus that, even though they're fairly close to each other with the eyeball test, the Atom does feel lower profile than the Proxy, likely due to the plastic difference..?

So hard to make a "recommendation" for me for a putting putter, that slot is just so subjective.

I would think that they will probably release the other proto b4 doing a "proxy", and the other proto was more OS than the atom, I think, kind of hard for me to tell with the weight difference. The atom and the proxy aren't really too dissimilar, they have similar LSS off the shelf, with atom having a bit more HSS.

Did some frozen field work today and my atoms are impressing me more and more. My soft has cemented itself as my putting putter. It seems to be more glidey every time I pick it up which equals aim directly at the chains and let it float. Wind played a larger factor than it should've at such close range but I just have to account for that. This plastic just feels so light in the hand

My regular is really in a battle with my proxy for a straight approach disc. I got chains 3 times from 150' out with the regular atom. It just seems to home in on the basket of you give it a little height.

Got an Electron-soft Atom today. 168g, greyblue. I am not fully comfortable with it right now. But I can imagine that it will click someday. Its just too different in feel for me at the time.

Got an Electron-soft Atom today. 168g, greyblue. I am not fully comfortable with it right now. But I can imagine that it will click someday. Its just too different in feel for me at the time.

The plastic is awesome. The disc is alright. I am really hoping we see Electron come in the putters we already know and love.

Just got two of these discs yesturday in the soft plastic.

I played a round at my local course today and tried them out. I think I finally found my perfect putter!

These discs are so straight, they are incredible. Makes it very easy to putt, just go right for the basket. I will have to practice a little with them though as they glide much more than my normal putter (Vibram Ridge).

Got a nice 65' putt with my new Atom today. It is just so straight and glidy it was almost easy :D

Finally saw one in person at league last week, feels like it's made out of pink art erasers, and the shape fit very naturally in my putting grip. When I can swing getting a stack of 6 softs, I think I've found my new calm weather putter to compliment my rhynos

I might get splashed from the eurofish for saying this but I love MVP anyway (threw the HELL out of pures before they ever came with a weird dome) and the atom is a better pure.

My buddy who was rocking a new pair I gave him this weekend( also a old pure thrower) compared it to the pure after the first day (was using anodes before)

Latest posts