• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

Unfortunately that will never happen as the core and overmold need to be of the same plastic family in order to chemically bond together. Eventually you would just be left with an envy core lol.

I took the Atom out for another round yesturday. On one hole, from about 150 ft. out, I went for the basket. Laserbeam straight, hit the chains right in the center, hit the bottom of the basket, but popped out.

Almost had a great LOOOOOONG put (really an upshot) to make 2 on that hole. I am liking this disc more and more the more I use it.

It is my putting putter, but also is taking the place of most of my midranges as time goes on.

So, I'm done with soft electron but I'm finding the regular still very useful.

I like a soft putter but this is too soft in the warm weather. Mine has also developed a sunken plate, which I don't love.

Picked up a regular tonight. I haven't thrown it yet, but the grip is good. My only issue with it is that... I don't need it. Adding something between my Proxy and Envy is just going to cause confusion.

Option 1 is to give it the ol' Pepsi challenge against my Wizards. I'm in a putting slump anyway, maybe a few rounds with another disc will give me that "coming home" feeling when I go back to my Wizards. Or maybe I'll suddenly be hitting 90% inside 40'. Really, either option is fine with me.

Option 2 is to play a bunch of 1-disc rounds with it and get it to a true turnover state probably long before I beat in even the Proxy.

Option 3 is to bag it for the likely scenario that I will lose it on this hole or this hole next Saturday.

I like a soft putter but this is too soft in the warm weather. Mine has also developed a sunken plate, which I don't love.

man ranger brah you gotta get on the level of understandment that the firm putters are the answers. they only make soft putters for noobs, i wish more people had a DG big brother like me to tell them this stuff.

Anyone else finding the firm to be less stable than the soft?

man ranger brah you gotta get on the level of understandment that the firm putters are the answers. they only make soft putters for noobs, i wish more people had a DG big brother like me to tell them this stuff.

I like them stiff too

not at all. my go-to throwers all have been firms and very stable. softs were just the same.
Throwing in the yard with a soft and firm @ 168g and the firm seemed to hold a high sweeping anny much better than the soft. Maybe it was the grip that made the difference.

Atom lost her putting duties to the Anode. I'm as surprised as anybody. Still might carry two Atoms at different beatness. It throws amazing. At first it's like an Envy died and became an angel with little tiny wings that helped it fly when you throw it. And the more it flies and smacks into everything the better it flies. Like The Real American Hero. Anode also takes over for Proxy.

Atom experiment may be coming to an end. I really like the disc, but the Opto Pure is more reliable as an up, and I just don't have the power to putt with it.

Threw a friend's beat up Atom the other day...
I will say that I'm not normally one to carry an "understable" putter bc I usually just rock a Scale/Envy duo but WOW did the Atom fly ridiculously nice on a light hyzer fip that popped up, drifted a bit and then settled down with a gentle fade. I really like that MVP/Axiom's putters are a tick faster off the tee than most PnA molds and I found that that straight flight out a beat Atom is one of the most "midrange" like flights I've seen out of a putter. Needless to say, my opinion of the Atom is that it is a fantastic driving/approach disc but its to fast for my taste in the circle.

Threw a friend's beat up Atom the other day...
I will say that I'm not normally one to carry an "understable" putter bc I usually just rock a Scale/Envy duo but WOW did the Atom fly ridiculously nice on a light hyzer fip that popped up, drifted a bit and then settled down with a gentle fade. I really like that MVP/Axiom's putters are a tick faster off the tee than most PnA molds and I found that that straight flight out a beat Atom is one of the most "midrange" like flights I've seen out of a putter. Needless to say, my opinion of the Atom is that it is a fantastic driving/approach disc but its to fast for my taste in the circle.

Wow, you seriously captured my exact experience throwing a stiff Electron Atom today. What a fantastically fun disc to throw, it's drivability cannot be denied.

I did a real quick price check and it appears their price tag is a little high for baseline plastic. It's probably cheaper to cycle something else, which seems like a big CON.

yeah, it's a bit too expensive for the questionable durability. I can't see myself ever wanting to spend that much on electron mids or drivers.

putters are okay though

Agree, but Electron feel and grip on the Atom is superb. I just wish it wasn't so low profile. They definitely need to offer Electron on their other putters, and asap.

I am still totally in love with my Atoms, and my comfort with them has really improved my scores. I'm not too worried about how "expensive" they are. They are 2-4 dollars more expensive than a traditional baseline plastic disc, but are also better feeling than most baseline and infinitely more consistent than most other manufacturers even with the added complexity of having an overmold. How many wizard throwers out there have to get lucky when you order online to get the softness and tackiness you want out of a wizard? It's not worth throwing aside that MVP is the most buy able company online because you don't have to worry what you're getting without feeling it.
Atoms throw real good for me too. That doesn't hurt

yes, it's fine for putters, just doesn't seem great for much else unless they add a firm version. I would honestly rather have the wizard plastic though. I'm not in love with how fragile electron seems.

I really wanted to like the atom but the low profile isn't great for me either. I would love to give an electron ion a try if it ever happens.

Latest posts