• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Discs (Official Thread)

So, according to this logic, you give every other disc manufacture that puts out a beveled edge golf disc sh!t because Innova did it first?

no. just that they didnt copy Whamo. where as MVP copied Quest. then Innova made colored overmolds, and MVP copied that too.

thats all.

Wham-o actually made the first overmolded discs too...not quest.

Back to the actual discussion though, I'm actually curious if this is a business venture put together solely by MVP Disc Sports, or if it was at the behest of somebody putting out some substantial backing to make a run into the disc golf market via an established company. This isn't exactly a small thing...this probably outweighs the previous five releases combined in terms of production planning, monetary commitments, inventory stocking...

Like I said on page one, probably still way more questions to be answered in the next few months as the season gets going. Should be interesting.

that's exactly what i thought - someone with deeper pockets came along and wanted to help MVP and get in on the action.

VOR, pretty sure color combination is a natural progression by a company that already makes overmolded discs. it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Last edited:
VOR, pretty sure color combination is a natural progression by a company that already makes overmolded discs. it was bound to happen sooner or later.

This seems like a reaction to remain competitive in an unexpected evolving market.

Axiom and MVP are the same team, but there's a distinction between the brand-entity-companies. I was just at a place where I managed 8 brands under one parent company and it gets confusing referring to brand/company/group entities in 3rd person, plurals, etc etc. Team or Teams, both are applicable in this arrangement. Same people acting in the same roles under separate brand companies; it'll shake out, but have some fun with it.

The short:

- MVP stays bad-a with science vibe and neutral-color rims
- Axiom gets to explore the bold sexy aesthetics of plastic discs
- more granular mold options per speed class across the two lineups
- new molds/materials/classes in development for both brands

Getting precise GYRO in color is a nice bonus from tuning the machines up for drivers. Longer more fault-intolerant wings need more TLC, and the TLC machine does vibrant rims that are sooo wrong for the MVP brand. But as a foundation for an entirely separate brand, it's golden. They've always been unintentionally hawt discs, now MVP stays engineery and Axiom can be sexy while both lineups are expanded.

My crush is on the Envy so far. Some putters are lids, some are lid-like. This one's got lid flavor in a non-lid design. Pretty sick. I'm off my game and had never played in snow, but I can throw a putter and the bros got to see me sink an Envy from ~100+ :D .. it's a tasty seeker.

See. Im not the only one. And don't forget quest did the overmold first

Way to back track.

Keep going. Right out of all MVP threads.

Seriously, why do you bother? You're not going to convice IN4D, or Bigsky, or Aim, and they aren't going to convince you.

All of you, the haters, and the fanboys just clog these threads for the rest of us. We have to sort through the internet egos you guys push in here. Nobody is going to win the argument.

^ZAM saves the day.

and it may seem like a reaction, but i really can't imagine a spur of the moment decision to make overmolds like that after explicitly saying it could screw with things.

r-BOB-ROSS-large570.jpg

just a happy accident.

no. just that they didnt copy Whamo. where as MVP copied Quest. then Innova made colored overmolds, and MVP copied that too.

thats all.

So MVP had one overmold color before Innova produced the atlas? :wall:

Seen a first run Ion? How about an Eclipse anything?

You're done here, you've trolled enough, convinced no one. Go relax, golf, watch football something. Your blood pressure is through the roof. Let the people who enjoy MVP do so in peace without someone coming in to pick a fight.

I'm excited to see MVP branch off and expand their company. I would have liked to seen a DD but with so many other brands on the market, I can wait. I do have two questions though:

For this new color mixing to work well, are they going to have a custom builder app on their website to order? How frustrating would it be to have to constantly troll all the vendors looking for that exact color and weight option that you want……

Second question - Who is MVP????? There is no company bio on either website! Where are they located? When were they started and by who? Does someone on staff actually have a physics degree? Basic questions that actually have me aggrivated that I cant find an answer to. Not even on Facebook or dgcr.

I'm excited to see MVP branch off and expand their company. I would have liked to seen a DD but with so many other brands on the market, I can wait. I do have two questions though:

For this new color mixing to work well, are they going to have a custom builder app on their website to order? How frustrating would it be to have to constantly troll all the vendors looking for that exact color and weight option that you want……

Second question - Who is MVP????? There is no company bio on either website! Where are they located? When were they started and by who? Does someone on staff actually have a physics degree? Basic questions that actually have me aggrivated that I cant find an answer to. Not even on Facebook or dgcr.

Brad and Chad Richardson, sons of a plastic molding guy, college age started and own the company. They were also forum guys here and on DGR.

MVP Disc Sports was founded by brothers Chad and Brad Richardson. They are based out of the small town of Brown City, Michigan. The brothers started out with knowledge of injection molding from their father, who (I believe) owns Maple Valley Plastics, the original parent company.

Since tinkering around with a putter (the Ion) some 4 years ago, Chad and Brad have gained extensive knowledge of the industry, and have perfected their craft. The main focus of MVP (and now Axiom) is to produce the highest quality discs in the game.

Don't worry about a distance driver. It's coming...

Edit: Drat, I forgot about Steve's article. Could have saved myself some typing. :)