• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Axis of Evil

This thing sure seems interesting. I'm eager to get my hands on one. I don't know if I should test it at all, because if it's as lovely to me as it is for discspeed it'd mean I'd have to rework my bag, and I'm just getting used to it and love it as it is. MAYBE I could just put it in and make it compliment the Pain and the Comet.

The gram/€ price of the disc goes too high when ordering overseas for my tastes, at least with my current economic situation. Otherwise I'd be on em already.

mattw said:
Always looking to help other spend thier money. The Axis is listed on Gotta Go Gotta Throws site if you are interested.

http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/axis-mvp-p-2667.html

Just ordered mine. I'm looking forward to knocking the core out of the bag for good...

Edit: Scratch that, Blake just called and told me they only had 179's. I guess I will be waiting just a little bit longer. +1 though on GGGT's customer service. Top notch.

Just another reminder...FRs will all be 177-180. They will run some lighter ones in the second run.

discspeed said:
Just another reminder...FRs will all be 177-180. They will run some lighter ones in the second run.

Any idea how long till the second run?

How do they change the weights of the disc? Is the core piece the same in all weights? Or does the core piece change and the rim is the same?

Fightingthetide said:
discspeed said:

Any idea how long till the second run?

How do they change the weights of the disc? Is the core piece the same in all weights? Or does the core piece change and the rim is the same?
Hard to say when as there are several determining factors involved for that. Seeing how the First Runs go is one determining factor.

Many of our manufacturing processes/procedures are proprietary information, so I'm unfortunately not allowed to give details on too much.

cmrichar said:
Many of our manufacturing processes/procedures are proprietary information, so I'm unfortunately not allowed to give details on too much.

Well, without divulging specific processes...the reason I asked is because I wanted to know if a lighter Axis, say 160g, would still have strong gyroscopic properties. If the core piece is the same weight, that would lead me to think the gyro properties would be lesser. Or maybe you have a percentage to keep the properties the same, or close, no matter what the weight is...hmmm...

Fightingthetide said:
cmrichar said:

Well, without divulging specific processes...the reason I asked is because I wanted to know if a lighter Axis, say 160g, would still have strong gyroscopic properties. If the core piece is the same weight, that would lead me to think the gyro properties would be lesser. Or maybe you have a percentage to keep the properties the same, or close, no matter what the weight is...hmmm...
Without giving specifics, our core is always much lighter (in terms of specific gravity) compared to our overmold. This means no matter what weight all our discs are gyroscopic.

from what i've heard on this thread, the axis kinda sounds like an impact. i could be entirely wrong, but that's how i've taken it.

Hyzerline49 said:
from what i've heard on this thread, the axis kinda sounds like an impact. i could be entirely wrong, but that's how i've taken it.

Been a while but when I tossed an Impact with driving power it would turnover on a flat throw, where the Axis tends to want to go pretty damn straight.

Math is now inside the axis of evil...
bush_ferrell.jpg

Hyzerline49 said:

It really flies nothing like an Impact. The Impact is faster, more speed/nose angle sensitive, and less high speed stable...A Storm-L with that weird cross-hatching failed experiment. The Axis a gyroscopically weighted Buzzz with a Comet top-nose/shoulder and a small bead-like extension. It's flight is neutral with a dependable forward fade. The Impact will be OOP within a couple of years, and the Axis is the best all around mid I've ever thrown (I'd I think it's going to be MVP's best seller)...Just for reference. :lol:

PS...I don't think the Impact is a bad disc. It's a great driver for beginners and low power players, and I've had fun throwing it. It's just a weird fit distance wise in Discraft's already overcrowded mid arsenal.

Latest posts