• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Best Discraft Discs

Nuke OS is a no....way too much disc for someone in the 9-10 range....same thing with the force

ESP or ESP FLX? It's supposed to be a turnover disc but I suspect if you're worm burning a brand new one you have bad form. I find the ones in Z plastic to throw exactly like they're marked and to be consistent no matter the run or color.

Went out and field tested it tonight. It was definitely bad form, it had been a few months ago since I last tried it and I've since drastically improved my form and now it is a hyzer flip machine for me, thing flips up and just glides for days. :thmbup:

Also, I love ESP Buzzzes and ESP Meteors, have yet to try a Comet (how hard is it to come by an ESP Comet? highly prefer the grip over Z).

Went out and field tested it tonight. It was definitely bad form, it had been a few months ago since I last tried it and I've since drastically improved my form and now it is a hyzer flip machine for me, thing flips up and just glides for days. :thmbup:

Also, I love ESP Buzzzes and ESP Meteors, have yet to try a Comet (how hard is it to come by an ESP Comet? highly prefer the grip over Z).

That's awesome. :thmbup: Most people would get internet tough guy and not give it another try. Esp comets are rare but not hard to find. Little more expensive. I love an ESP meteor too. The one esp buzzz I had felt amazing but broke in faster than I had wanted.

IMHO the esp banger, although OOP, is one of the best discs discraft has made. Great for distances <300 off the tee. True flyer

The esp comet is a great disc. Mine was stable but not flippy. It was perfect for making and holding lines.

If you like around a speed 10 and release flat then the crush is wheres it. if you have a slight hyzer release then try the surge. Slower stuff would go with Z Buzz, Cryztal Meteor. Stalker will be a great fairway driver for ya

I read all this and my Valk, Vector, Eagle, and Buzzz cover nearly everything. I have no need for almost any of these discs. I will be buying a Ti Stalker when I don't need that slight fade like the Teebird has. It's gonna be a tight fit and will be kicking out an extra valk most likely. Unless someone can answer me this question.. Does any disc other then the Eagle fight a wind from the left and right? If there is a sidewind I pull out the eagle and the thing flies beautifully. Buzzz, Pred, and Stalker.. That's my discraft lineup.

Drone, best over stable mid hands down.

I love my Vector.. The thing is beautiful.

Esp Pred's, the more you beat them the better they get. I'm also really diggin X-avengers right now

I was going to get an ESP Pred but Elite-Z is better because you get a nice skip at the end of the flight path. It's also more durable. I have an X-Avenger and it didn't do what I had hoped. It's a good disc though.

I carry a X Stratus, X Comet, seasoned Z Buzzz, fresh Z Buzzz, and a Ti Buzzz.

I have this exact lineup, just add a Wasp. Could play with just these discs and have any and every shot you need. XLs are awesome in X plastic. Never liked my Z. Seriously tho, if you pick up one discraft disc in your life that isn't a Buzzz, get a Zone. Ridiculously dependable. Will get you out of trouble so much.

MMMMM.... Buzzz! Try the Nuke SS in a Z and a Surge SS in FLX. Awesome drivers! Surge FLX for touch shots around 250-300 in very tight corridors where you want a strong fade that you can see in your line that will stick a the end. Same thing with a Z Nuke if you want a nice skip on the finish. Lots of fun.

Drivers can be used as middies!!!!

If you are looking to fight a left to right or vice versa wind, try a Reaper. Personally I throw and Innova Monster there but if you are looking for Discraft I think that's what I would recommend.

Last edited:
If you're throwing a driver is it really a midrange shot? :|

I'd like to think that when I throw a driver it's probably a driver shot.

Predator in Z or ESP FLX.
Buzzz in Ti

Hope they make a Ti pred.