• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

David Vs. Goliath

Who will win???

• Goliath - 0 experience but crazy athletic

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • David - 2.5 years of experience and a solid 300 - 350ft. drive

Votes: 113 75.8%
  • Who cares, stop wasting valuable interwebs space

Votes: 20 13.4%

• Total voters
P.S. Be sure he doesn't get the right disc. Hand him meathooks and putters only. A big stack of them so he can choose and think they're all different when in reality none will work for him.

Don't let him get his hands on something like a roadrunner or a leopard.

Talk about stacking the deck... If you do as this guy suggests, you are only proving that disc selection is the key, not form over strength. You should each throw the exact same 5 discs. Him 10 time through, then you once.
Good luck!

Just filling the gap apothecary's ban left. I really wanna say "Screw god -- Go Goliath!" but since this is an actual disc golfer versus stupid jock, I'm with *sigh* David. But I'd also like to see an actual competition as opposed to a pissing contest -- that way, Goliath has no way to cut Samson's hair and throw him into the lion's den with Shadrach, Meshach, Abednigo, and all those poor Jews.

I've enjoyed reading this thread, and wanted to throw in my $0.02. I've been throwing regular frisbees since I was 8, and played ultimate for years, starting at about age 12. I would guess that I can throw a 175g "new" (as in relatively fresh/not beat) ultimate disc probably 250' or more (maybe I'll try tomorrow - I haven't thrown an ultimate disc in a while). I played a little baseball, football, volleyball, and tennis (all sports with reasonable disc mechanics connections) over the years; I'd consider myself a good general athlete, but not incredibly "strong".

That said, I'm 37 now, and I've been discing it for about 2.5 years, like the OP. When I first took up disc golf, even with long frisbee world experience, it took me forever to figure the discs out. After plenty of practice, now I can pop off a 400' drive occasionally, and hit 350' consistently. But it took me quite a while to throw a disc golf disc over 300'.

Dude might get lucky, but my bet's on the form. Good luck, man. Whatever the outcome, follow up by challenging him to 6 mixed holes (open, wooded, up, down, left, right, long, shot, etc.) and make your boss buy the beers when you crush him.

So the field near the office (a school field) happened to be filled with several lacrosse games so the competition has been delayed. :thmbdown: It's still happening, but will likely be in the next couple days. I'll keep everyone posted.

He's scared, that's what he is!

He's scared, that's what he is!

This is a lie good sir! And Spooky, yes I was going to post the winner, but the competition was "Lacrossed" out. Gonna try and get it in today if possible but will make sure to take some video when it happens so folks can see the results.

So did it happen?? The world waits with baited breath!!

It almost pains me to say that it will likely be Friday before everyone involved can get together. Sorry for stringing folks along here, it's not intentional!

This is worse than a Walking Dead mid season break :\
Have you decided whether or not this will be on video?

That was pretty atrocious (the mid season break). Yes I will video it but I'm like the anti-christ of technology so it may take me some fiddlin' to get it from phone to here. I imagine I just need to post it on Youtube and provide a link right?