• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Secret Santa Information & Show off thread

im getting so worried about my ss. i sent the package out weeks ago. and no confirmation. and i dont see anyone in this or the original sign up thread from the city i sent to. im so confused?

Im in the same boat as you. I sent mine out 10+ days ago. I guess i'll be concerned if it's not here by the end of the month. If for some reason it dosn't show I hope Kwick can pass over the username so I can send a very nice message. I sent this person some decent stuff and i'm surprised he/she didn't want to show it off.

Im in the same boat as you. I sent mine out 10+ days ago. I guess i'll be concerned if it's not here by the end of the month. If for some reason it dosn't show I hope Kwick can pass over the username so I can send a very nice message. I sent this person some decent stuff and i'm surprised he/she didn't want to show it off.

your secret santa sent out on the 13th. should be there in a day or two, maybe 3.

Just so everyone knows... I, DSCJNKY/Jason, am totally happy with what I received.

DCB18 and I are DG traveling buddies (probably played more than 50 new courses together). He was at my house when I excitedly showed him what I got. He felt like it wasn't as good as what I sent and unfortunately decided to voice his opinion, not realizing that it was more about the giving than the getting.

I think to have participated in the Secret Santa exchange is to know. I was excited to do research to find try to find out who my guy from Decatur, Illinois was by searching for members in Decatur and cross referencing them with people posting in the forum... and then doing my research on Bpierce08 to see if I could determine what types of discs he throws, what weight, what he didn't like (I didn't send him my groove), etc...

And then to find out that he was newer player who's getting serious about playing tournaments, earning a second place at one of them (I looked up his PDGA stats), and just broke 900. By doing this research I tried to think what he would like. Knowing he had probably won tons of plastic in recent tourneys, and that he will probably win more soon, I decided to give him collectors type stuff (and some stickers)...

To make a long story short... The research and giving was the fun part. It didn't matter what I got.

I feel bad about the situation. I already sent a PM to my Bpierce08 to reassure him that I was grateful.

Bummed,
DSCJNKY

Thanks DSCJNKY at least you are greatful not so much your friend.. i really don't understand why he would voice his opinion in a matter that doesn't even have nothing to do with him, but thats his choice. Im just happy that you enjoyed the 3 discs i sent and a fourth a little bit later. (have you got that yet?). thanks again man!

No No No :doh: I was just joking! Trying to lighten the mood on this thread! Thanks again for the great discs! Just what I was looking for!

Well, the only course we have is an object course and it only has one hole (The North Pole). The elves aren't too great at disc golf, but they make pretty good discs... very consistent runs. I personally throw the "Aurora Borealis"; a dead straight, consistent, mid range.

And I don't know where you got your facts from, but Rudolph's nose went out like 9 years ago. Now he just straps a Glo Buzzz on his face.

~Santa
awesome response!!!!

Got word that my package arrive from Pensacola, FL. For some reason I accidentally entered in my parent's address instead of my school one so I have to wait until finals are done and I go home to see them.

Anyway, word is I got a Reaper and a Surge Flex among other things.

I don't know much about Discraft (other than buzzz, nuke, and magnet) but anyone know anything about the Reaper? OOP right? I hear it's slower and more over-stable than Teebird but faster and more under-stable than a whippet. Anyone got one that can comment? Also, I hear a Surge Flex is somewhat like a Wraith. Is that true?

Regardless, I'm excited to try out some plastic I've never thrown. Thanks to my SS and happy holidays everyone!

That's a pretty lucky disc. had it stayed with bcr123psu, it would have never traveled 100 ft unless it landed in moving water
:thmbup:

NOT TRUE! I could shank one down a hill and it could roll for a good 200' before it lands in moving water.

^^^ did we get the same guy? I sent weeks ago and never got confirmation that the gift was received, but I did see one disc offered in a trade. Still waiting to open something. :|

I don't know CoachQ, I knew who I got cuz I've done business with him before and recognized the address. I'm gonna wait til after the holidays to name drop just in case he comes through..

I got my SS package today! Here are my goods:

DSCN0447.jpg

Not sure what the mummy disc is (other than awesome looking). it's 180 grams, it's definitely Innova... It looks like it's marked with the initials "CC" or "CO"... i don't know.

The Hawk Hollow Open 2007 is a 169g CFR Pro Destroyer... never threw one so I'm looking forward to it.

Is the Champion Disc Inc. disc a Roc? It's 170g and is marked with a "P".

Also, three innova minis and a great winter DG picture... Thank you so much SS! I hope you like you're package, although I have to say I'm disappointed that I couldn't be as creative and awesome as you! Way to go! :hfive:

Hey Funky,

Glad you are excited about your "White Christmas". Yes it is a protostar Pig from Worlds 2008 and an early Glow Champ Cobra.

:)

Got both of my Secret Santa gifts today, HOORAY!!!

Package numero uno...
(sent by mike)
CE Eagle-X flydye
CryZtal Buzzz
Innova beenie

Package numero dos...
(courtesy of Dtrain22)
CFR Champ Cro
KC Pro Teebird
Champion Teebird(2010 Ice Bowl)
Innova and North Face stickers
Cash card to Omega Sports and a box full of stress balls

I really, REALLY appreciate these gifts guys. I hope you are able to enjoy what I have sent along, or at least get something interesting with what I've sent. Merry Christmas, every one!

I finally shipped my 2nd secret santa package so I will post the sweet package I got from atl scott. He sent the Grand Prize that he won at the Ace Race plus his Ace Race Players pack.

Discraft Disc Bag
ESP Flash
ESP Cyclone
ESP 2010 Ace Race Disc
Elite X Comet
Elite X Buzzz
Pro D Magnet
Mini
Discraft Hat
Ace Race Bag Tag
Discraft Sticker

Thanks atl scott!!!