• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR's Discraft Pipe Dreams

What would you like to see new from Discraft in '09?

• >1.7 driver

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • < 1.6 driver

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • mid-range

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • putter

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • models in different plastics

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • bring back an old model

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • more 150 class

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • glow discs

Votes: 29 16.6%

• Total voters
What would a cyclone do in a bag that a roc or teebird can't do. I just feel like there isn't enough room in there for another mold to go in between them.

rusch_bag said:
What would a cyclone do in a bag that a roc or teebird can't do. I just feel like there isn't enough room in there for another mold to go in between them.

Yeah, I'm thinking of dropping the teebirds for cyclones because of this. Some might think that Teebirds could be reserved for long straight shots. And Cyclones could be used for every other fairway shot (versatile, baby!). A bit of overlap, but it could be worth it for the teebird's D and path.

rusch_bag said:

An S turn from a slight hyzer release to name one...By the time a Roc or Teebird loses its HSS, it doesn't have much LSS left either. So with wear those two discs go from stable with fade on any line, to stable on any line period, to slowly flipping the whole flight. Basically they fly on terminally true lines. A Cyclone would lose its HSS while still retaining quite a bit of LSS, which would allow for more S flights, as well as shots that flip flat from hyzer and fade at the end. Also, for the most part Teebirds do not take well to underthrowing, and Rocs do not take well to overthrowing. Most pros I know throw something in between them.

ding ding, we have a winner.

Get people so excited about an existing product they'll toss out discs in their bag for the new old one.

I don't mean this in a bad way, either. 30% in the poll said they wanted discs in different plastics, so here's a shining example of what I believe to be a simple concession and a great response.

Dear Discraft

Please make my Dream disc.....

The Predators little bro

bit thinner rim (1.7cm ish) ,(so slower, less fade, zero turn Awesome glide). -- Stable to moderately overstable fairway driver, to compete with the champ teebird, and then destroy it with discrafts awesome plastics and legendary consistency.

I know i'd end up getting at least 5 in each plastic if it ever came out. :mrgreen:

call me crazy,
but FLX Cryztal Z banger GT even if its just LE with
soft x buzzz

DiscraftMike said:
New Release announcement!!

End of May release:

Full Production Run
ESP CYCLONE
ESP FLX DRONE

In the Works:
In the Player Pack will be the first runs of the new stable fairway driver and the new overstable putt/approach discs. Along with a Dry-Fit Polo,a personalized Buzzz, and much more.

Another putter in the works for a June/July release.

Thanks for all your feedback,
Discraft Inc.

Yahoo! ESP Cyclones to the bag for me ASAP!

I still want the z venom to be made as a regular production item or at least made as a LE so we can get our hands on a few of these bad boys. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YoungGunLefty said:
I still want the z venom to be made as a regular production item or at least made as a LE so we can get our hands on a few of these bad boys. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't impressed with the Z Venom that I had. It started out nice and overstable, but it actually lost its stability rather quickly, a lot sooner than the ESPs that I have thrown. Maybe it was the test run thing, and maybe I got a dud. The ESPs are nice though.

What are the chances of an understable mid-range in FLX plastic? I really like this line of plastic. I am the guy that always goes for the difficult shot, for better or worse, and I hit more than my fair share of obstacles like trees and cement. I need the indestructible discs. Also, I get better rips and snap because the rubbery feel gives me more confidence than the more plastic/waxy/slippery feel of Champion/Elite Z plastic. The FLX Drone is a staple in my bag as is the Buzzz (although I find I am using the Buzzz far less and instead using an ESP Meteor). I would really like to see how a FLX Comet or Meteor would fly, especially with more confidence and snap, pushing them out 250' on a nice, slow, controlled anhyzer line.

Scott

Just wait until winter cause FLX will be junk for the next few months................... I am kinda pissed that I threw my Drone in the duck shit pond showing them a lefty roller though and couldn't find it.

Also my freak orange Force finally met its demise in a field and was likely picked up by some kid since it wasn't there when I remembered it.

Really looking forward to those ESP Clones though.

scoot_er said:
Just wait until winter cause FLX will be junk for the next few months................... I am kinda pissed that I threw my Drone in the duck shit pond showing them a lefty roller though and couldn't find it.

Also my freak orange Force finally met its demise in a field and was likely picked up by some kid since it wasn't there when I remembered it.

I actually love my FLX all year round, my flx Surge and Buzzz in particular. Mine are not floppy by any means. In actuality I have more confidence with my FLX than my other plastic. Everything else in comparison feels waxy and slipper in my grip and I have a ton more confidence with the FLX's rubbery feel. I do throw the Striker and Riot with good results, but for wide open bombs, I can trust my FLX Surge will get the job done.

I do pack away my Predator and Avenger during warmer weather, but the Surge, Buzzz, and Drone have permanent spots in my bag right now. I have had such bad luck with Champion/ Elite Z not only with the grip, but also damage caused by tree strikes and cement. The FLX is nearly indestructible, giving me far more confidence when it comes to aiming for that tight spot and needed full power to muscle through; not to mention that when a FLX strikes an obstacle, it does not ricochet as horribly and unpredictably as a harder plastic.

smarkquart said:
scoot_er said:

I actually love my FLX all year round, my flx Surge and Buzzz in particular. Mine are not floppy by any means. In actuality I have more confidence with my FLX than my other plastic. Everything else in comparison feels waxy and slipper in my grip and I have a ton more confidence with the FLX's rubbery feel. I do throw the Striker and Riot with good results, but for wide open bombs, I can trust my FLX Surge will get the job done.

I do pack away my Predator and Avenger during warmer weather, but the Surge, Buzzz, and Drone have permanent spots in my bag right now. I have had such bad luck with Champion/ Elite Z not only with the grip, but also damage caused by tree strikes and cement. The FLX is nearly indestructible, giving me far more confidence when it comes to aiming for that tight spot and needed full power to muscle through; not to mention that when a FLX strikes an obstacle, it does not ricochet as horribly and unpredictably as a harder plastic.

Not sure but in my experience FLX seems to have less glide especially when it comes to drivers.

dgdave said:
BLURR said:
BLURR said:
ESP Wildcats
ESP Xtremes

Like I stated before...I will bump this thing weekly(If I remember) until we get either or both of these ran...

Bump!!!

And I'll quote it!

I do agree about making a ESP Xtreme, but what would a ESP Wildcat be able to do that a Z or X can´t?

I like the grip of the ESP better. And if I was to guess, I would say an ESP Wildcat would start out a bit more stable than a Z or X. I don't throw that much Z/Champ plastic(Exception is my Z-Xtreme and Z-Buzzz).