• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR's Discraft Pipe Dreams

What would you like to see new from Discraft in '09?

• >1.7 driver

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • < 1.6 driver

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • mid-range

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • putter

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • models in different plastics

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • bring back an old model

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • more 150 class

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • glow discs

Votes: 29 16.6%

• Total voters
Tossin' in Memphis said:
Has anyone heard of an actual release date yet? maybe GGT or DGC?
within a week or so says Sun King, im kinda hyped on these, if they are cool i will have a small pile of gazelles up for trade :wink:

After getting into the X Comet a little...Why not an X Meteor? I love the X plastic for mids and an X Meteor would be sick in terms of glide and stiffness. I've also never been able to really thrash an ESP and it would be nice to have an easier roller/short touch disc. So now I'll try it in big letters like these other guys:

X METEOR PLEASE!

Discraft already has a perfect short range/touch roller. The Stratus is the Bombdiggidy for short rollers. Once again I love the old strats in Pro or first run plastic, but the new X will work just fine.

Jesse B 707 said:
koyok23 said:
rusch_bag said:

edit: totally not proper to start a quote chain but you will get x force a lot
X10, an x force would be nice but im willing to settle for the inevitable force SS type disc thats coming, id also like to see something along the lines of the X2 released. esp Cyclone could be a winner too. also you guys need more understable mids :wink:

force ss? whats this!

discspeed said:
After getting into the X Comet a little...Why not an X Meteor? I love the X plastic for mids and an X Meteor would be sick in terms of glide and stiffness. I've also never been able to really thrash an ESP and it would be nice to have an easier roller/short touch disc. So now I'll try it in big letters like these other guys:

X METEOR PLEASE!

I thought D-craft was phasing out X-plastic.... Hopefully that was just a bad dream.

Flipflat said:
Hey Discraft- how about opening up a proshop at your headquarters? I live in SE Michigan, about 20 min. away from the Wixom and Walled Lake areas. There are no disc shops anywhere around here- Inflight in Ann Arbor closed, it's sister shop in Oak Park has more bongs than discs, leaving only the shop in E Lansing, which is too far away. This area is Discraft's home, and there's nowhere to check out your full lineup! The only places to fondle discs are assorted liquor stores and Play It Again Sports (albiet I did find a perfect "misstamp" Phantom at one). How's about it? Please (w/cherry+whipcream)?

I agree! Michigan is Discraft country yet its a pain in the ass to find discraft discs in the companies home state :(

gremlin75 said:
Flipflat said:
Hey Discraft- how about opening up a proshop at your headquarters? I live in SE Michigan, about 20 min. away from the Wixom and Walled Lake areas. There are no disc shops anywhere around here- Inflight in Ann Arbor closed, it's sister shop in Oak Park has more bongs than discs, leaving only the shop in E Lansing, which is too far away. This area is Discraft's home, and there's nowhere to check out your full lineup! The only places to fondle discs are assorted liquor stores and Play It Again Sports (albiet I did find a perfect "misstamp" Phantom at one). How's about it? Please (w/cherry+whipcream)?

I agree! Michigan is Discraft country yet its a pain in the ass to find discraft discs in the companies home state :(

Gremlin- Where do you go for your plastic? The best selection I've found is at CJ's liquor store, which is on the way to Hudson Mills. They got like a WHOLE ASILE of discs! OMG! *sarcasam* Most of my stuff is off the internet, though. Any recommendations (I'm in Plymouth)?

Can someone from Discraft please tell me...Do the Rogue and the Surge SS come out of the same mold? There are some weird differences when I look at the PDGA Specs http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/PDGA_approved_discs_41609.pdf that I think may be a result of the Rogue being turned in for testing in ESP/DGA plastic and the Surge SS being submitted in Z (I'm judging by the flexibility ratings).

How come Discraft will make an ESP Magnet for DGA and not one with the Discraft stamp on it?

Midnightbiker said:
How come Discraft will make an ESP Magnet for DGA and not one with the Discraft stamp on it?

The Titanic is only the bottom half of a Magnet...The top looks like its from the Banger GT.

The Challenger is Discraft's golden boy now...the Magnet is like a red headed stepchild.

discspeed said:
The Titanic is only the bottom half of a Magnet...The top looks like its from the Banger GT.
If the top is from the Banger GT, then why doesn't it have the Groove Top?

rKp said:
discspeed said:
If the top is from the Banger GT, then why doesn't it have the Groove Top?

It looks like the Banger nose piece. Some molds have multiple pieces, for example I don't think Discraft made an entire new mold for the Buzzz GT, they just have a cap piece or something for the GT. This is only speculative based on my observations.

plastic_fondler said:
I think the Titanic is just a magnet mold. I just find them a touch too tall or domey like the Z mags.

Compare them side by side and you will notice the Titanic has a blunter nose/different shape on the top part of the nose overall.