• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR's Discraft Pipe Dreams

What would you like to see new from Discraft in '09?

• >1.7 driver

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • < 1.6 driver

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • mid-range

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • putter

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • models in different plastics

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • bring back an old model

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • more 150 class

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • glow discs

Votes: 29 16.6%

• Total voters
BLURR said:
I like the grip of the ESP better. And if I was to guess, I would say an ESP Wildcat would start out a bit more stable than a Z or X. I don't throw that much Z/Champ plastic(Exception is my Z-Xtreme and Z-Buzzz).

I'd guess that having ESP out would initially make a lot of new sales just because TDs would order it as something new and players would want to try it because it's in new plastic. If that happened, then they might like the disc and then want more for backups or as they lose them.

rusch_bag said:
1.5 stability rating. bah.

well its not really suprising. most of discrafts esp line discs have been more stable than their x-line counterparts, and havent been far from z-line. So unfortunately it is probably what I expected. I would like to hear some reviews of what it flies like.

And on another note, Im really interested to find out what this stable fairway driver they are coming out with. I hope stable is just that, and not overly overstable, and it will be interesting to see what plastic the disc is designed for

rehder said:
And on another note, Im really interested to find out what this stable fairway driver they are coming out with. I hope stable is just that, and not overly overstable, and it will be interesting to see what plastic the disc is designed for

Hopefully they will make something to KILL THE TRACKER! :twisted:

rehder said:
rusch_bag said:
1.5 stability rating. bah.

well its not really suprising. most of discrafts esp line discs have been more stable than their x-line counterparts, and havent been far from z-line. So unfortunately it is probably what I expected. I would like to hear some reviews of what it flies like.
That's what I've been worried about all along. I guess I'll start out buying two instead of 10.

discspeed said:
rehder said:

Why would you take away my Discraft FL?

scoot_er said:
discspeed said:
rehder said:

My own personal issues, sorry. :lol: I do think that you could play just fine without it though.

discspeed said:
scoot_er said:
discspeed said:
rehder said:

My own personal issues, sorry. :lol: I do think that you could play just fine without it though.

What would replace it? 300-400ft smooth hyzers? Pred is too stable and plus I like the feel of the wind way better for the "Pro" Grip Borg talks about. It is just a fork pinch thing he calls something different but almost everyone does it.

scoot_er said:
discspeed said:
scoot_er said:
discspeed said:
rehder said:

What would replace it? 300-400ft smooth hyzers? Pred is too stable and plus I like the feel of the wind way better for the "Pro" Grip Borg talks about. It is just a fork pinch thing he calls something different but almost everyone does it.
Avenger?

scoot_er said:
discspeed said:
scoot_er said:
discspeed said:
rehder said:

When I threw all Discraft I used Z and pro Tsunamis. The Pro broke into straight and the Z was like a broken in Pred.

discspeed said:
scoot_er said:
discspeed said:
scoot_er said:
discspeed said:
rehder said:

When I threw all Discraft I used Z and pro Tsunamis. The Pro broke into straight and the Z was like a broken in Pred.

I have plenty of those but they feel just like a Pred which doesn't feel great with the accuracy grip. The Z are very nice though but is used a lot differently than the Tracker. Maybe the tacker is just easier to work and flies on smoother lines due to its medium stability.

Avengers are too long and not HSS enough. At least my recent ones since I don't really use one anymore but just put a Z back in the bag but it is my flippiest driver.

Unfortunately Innova produces several discs in the Tracker's class that are better imo, and I have no biases. This is why if I were on the team I would be excited about this new driver. Just copy the damn TB already! Discraft's plastics shrink a little different, so the disc would be different and probably better in some way (more like 10x for example). It would get HUGE sales from TB throwers who are non-biased and ALL of team Discraft.

I love the 2005 PC Tracker. It is one of the best fairway drivers on the market. I have a bakers dozen just ready to go in the bag.

Smitty said:
I love the 2005 PC Tracker. It is one of the best fairway drivers on the market. I have a bakers dozen just ready to go in the bag.

If you're going to throw Trackers, the early reds are the way to go. I liked the earlier ones that just said DISCRAFT even better, but with all of them I found the stability to be variable disc to disc. Some were like FLs and others were like ELs.

Hey Discraft- how about opening up a proshop at your headquarters? I live in SE Michigan, about 20 min. away from the Wixom and Walled Lake areas. There are no disc shops anywhere around here- Inflight in Ann Arbor closed, it's sister shop in Oak Park has more bongs than discs, leaving only the shop in E Lansing, which is too far away. This area is Discraft's home, and there's nowhere to check out your full lineup! The only places to fondle discs are assorted liquor stores and Play It Again Sports (albiet I did find a perfect "misstamp" Phantom at one). How's about it? Please (w/cherry+whipcream)?