• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR's Discraft Pipe Dreams

What would you like to see new from Discraft in '09?

• >1.7 driver

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • < 1.6 driver

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • mid-range

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • putter

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • models in different plastics

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • bring back an old model

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • more 150 class

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • glow discs

Votes: 29 16.6%

• Total voters
discspeed said:
plastic_fondler said:
I think the Titanic is just a magnet mold. I just find them a touch too tall or domey like the Z mags.

Compare them side by side and you will notice the Titanic has a blunter nose/different shape on the top part of the nose overall.
are you comparing the titanic to a D Mag? could just mold up different in Pro line. One of those ESP Mags would be a good comparison tool

We are not discontinuing the X plastic. Yes, X- Forces were produced. We are in test mode, look to purchase LE X-Forces at Worlds in KC. The USADGC was a huge success. Great feedback on the new Stalker and Ringer. Release of these discs will be at the end of the month. Also in the works is the new Ace Race disc and the next fastest and longest driver available to mankind.

Thank You for all your feedback
Discraft Inc.

BLURR said:
Oh my lord....an X-Force...I may have died and gone to heaven...

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.... :D

ESP Xtreme
ESP Wildcats

everytime I see wildcat I think of that song by Ratatat

koyok23 said:
BLURR said:
Oh my lord....an X-Force...I may have died and gone to heaven...

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.... :D

ESP Xtreme
ESP Wildcats

everytime I see wildcat I think of that song by Ratatat

Rarrr!

Flipflat said:
gremlin75 said:
Flipflat said:
Hey Discraft- how about opening up a proshop at your headquarters? I live in SE Michigan, about 20 min. away from the Wixom and Walled Lake areas. There are no disc shops anywhere around here- Inflight in Ann Arbor closed, it's sister shop in Oak Park has more bongs than discs, leaving only the shop in E Lansing, which is too far away. This area is Discraft's home, and there's nowhere to check out your full lineup! The only places to fondle discs are assorted liquor stores and Play It Again Sports (albiet I did find a perfect "misstamp" Phantom at one). How's about it? Please (w/cherry+whipcream)?

I agree! Michigan is Discraft country yet its a pain in the ass to find discraft discs in the companies home state :(

Gremlin- Where do you go for your plastic? The best selection I've found is at CJ's liquor store, which is on the way to Hudson Mills. They got like a WHOLE ASILE of discs! OMG! *sarcasam* Most of my stuff is off the internet, though. Any recommendations (I'm in Plymouth)?

There is a place in Ann Arbor (and for the life of me I cant remember the name of it right now) that has a decent selection of Plastic. Its a tiny little clothes store that also sells disc's.

Mainly I just buy from disc golf center or sun king though

Make a distance disc with the stability of the Spectra, but with a more controllable flight path. The Surge SS is to much stability and the Avenger SS is not enough. Also, it would be nice to have this disc in lighter weights.

TEX said:
Make a distance disc with the stability of the Spectra, but with a more controllable flight path. The Surge SS is to much stability and the Avenger SS is not enough. Also, it would be nice to have this disc in lighter weights.

a worn flx surge ss is what you want then

TEX said:

I'd think a lighter Surge SS (I found one at 165g or so) or a heavier Avenger SS should work.

If you're throwing 400', then you don't need either of them, if you're under 300', then they're probably too fast (the surge for sure). I have an Avenger SS at 160g (or 165g and the Surge SS is 160g). You have to put some snap on the Avenger SS or it doesn't flip. Hyzer flipped to flat, it still comes back hard at the end if you have any nose up.

TEX said:

Sounds like a cyclone would fit this description. It's def. more controllable than a spectra (though that's not saying much) and I believe the spectra is rated as a +1, the X-cyclone is also a +1 (1.5 in ESP & +3000 in Z).

mzuleger said:
TEX said:

Sounds like a cyclone would fit this description. It's def. more controllable than a spectra (though that's not saying much) and I believe the spectra is rated as a +1, the X-cyclone is also a +1 (1.5 in ESP & +3000 in Z).

black udder said:
TEX said:

I'd think a lighter Surge SS (I found one at 165g or so) or a heavier Avenger SS should work.

If you're throwing 400', then you don't need either of them, if you're under 300', then they're probably too fast (the surge for sure). I have an Avenger SS at 160g (or 165g and the Surge SS is 160g). You have to put some snap on the Avenger SS or it doesn't flip. Hyzer flipped to flat, it still comes back hard at the end if you have any nose up.

Has anyone thrown the 150 class Avengers that are out there. They look like a candidate for this spot as well, but I've never thrown one so I really don't want to take the chance.

TEX said:
black udder said:
TEX said:

Has anyone thrown the 150 class Avengers that are out there. They look like a candidate for this spot as well, but I've never thrown one so I really don't want to take the chance.
I think a regular X avenger (seasoned) would be a better fit, 150 class is..........well 150 class :?

I think Mike said both the Ringer and Stalker will come out at the end of the month.....along with a new ace race disc and a new super driver

I may have said this before but what about a non FLX ESP Challenger?

Thanks again Mike and everyone else at Discraft.....great products....great quality

Latest posts