• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR's Discraft Pipe Dreams

What would you like to see new from Discraft in '09?

• >1.7 driver

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • < 1.6 driver

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • mid-range

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • putter

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • models in different plastics

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • bring back an old model

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • more 150 class

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • glow discs

Votes: 29 16.6%

• Total voters
Id like it in elite x.. but x is getting cut anyways isnt it?

JKP said:
Originally the answer i got was "there is no current plans to release anything new in X plastic"
but with news of X Forces floating around who knows?

Jesse B 707 said:
JKP said:
Originally the answer i got was "there is no current plans to release anything new in X plastic"
but with news of X Forces floating around who knows?

have you had a chance to toss the pro d yet?

nah, i kinda lost interest in throwing fast ass drivers BH, My ESPs still get some FH smashes put on them though

Jesse B 707 said:
nah, i kinda lost interest in throwing fast ass drivers BH, My ESPs still get some FH smashes put on them though

I throw the forces for headwind FH.. I just got a super domey esp.. stuper stable

JKP said:
Jesse B 707 said:

I throw the forces for headwind FH.. I just got a super domey esp.. stuper stable
yeah some of those orange poppy to first runs are just ridiculous, too stable is not a word i use often when talking about my FH distance disc but some of those qualify as do champ Max's and to a lesser degree Flicks (more the lack of glide that i dont like)

JKP said:

DiscraftMike said:
We are not discontinuing the X plastic. Yes, X- Forces were produced. We are in test mode, look to purchase LE X-Forces at Worlds in KC. The USADGC was a huge success. Great feedback on the new Stalker and Ringer. Release of these discs will be at the end of the month. Also in the works is the new Ace Race disc and the next fastest and longest driver available to mankind.

Thank You for all your feedback
Discraft Inc.

JimW said:
JKP said:

DiscraftMike said:
We are not discontinuing the X plastic. Yes, X- Forces were produced. We are in test mode, look to purchase LE X-Forces at Worlds in KC. The USADGC was a huge success. Great feedback on the new Stalker and Ringer. Release of these discs will be at the end of the month. Also in the works is the new Ace Race disc and the next fastest and longest driver available to mankind.

Discraft Inc.

hmm fastest longest driver

Jesse B 707 said:
mzuleger said:
TEX said:
Make a distance disc with the stability of the Spectra, but with a more controllable flight path. The Surge SS is to much stability and the Avenger SS is not enough. Also, it would be nice to have this disc in lighter weights.

Sounds like a cyclone would fit this description. It's def. more controllable than a spectra (though that's not saying much) and I believe the spectra is rated as a +1, the X-cyclone is also a +1 (1.5 in ESP & +3000 in Z).

I noticed that he wanted a "distance" driver but he also said he wanted it more "controllable"... these terms tend to be at odds with each other. IMO if the average player analyzed the difference in D of distance driver vs. a fairway driver they'd be surprised how close they actually are.

Hey, new to this thread as I'm just starting to give Discraft stuff a try.

I really like the Magnet, but I'd like to see it in a little better plastic. I've only had my putters for about a week and they seem to be getting pretty chewed up. Is it like Gateway S in the sense that it looks worse than it its?

Midnightbiker told me that the DGA Titanic is basically a Magnet in ESP - maybe I'll give that a try.

Jsw said:

I really like the Magnet, but I'd like to see it in a little better plastic. I've only had my putters for about a week and they seem to be getting pretty chewed up. Is it like Gateway S in the sense that it looks worse than it its?

Midnightbiker told me that the DGA Titanic is basically a Magnet in ESP - maybe I'll give that a try.
dont waste your time, titanics are glideless poop. the D Mags will look like they beat up a lot for the first month or so but the wear slows way down once they get a nice even roughing up, IMO premium plastic is NEVER good for putting

Jesse B 707 said:
Jsw said:

dont waste your time, titanics are glideless poop. the D Mags will look like they beat up a lot for the first month or so but the wear slows way down once they get a nice even roughing up, IMO premium plastic is NEVER good for putting

this is so true about magnets. They will look like shit but still fade, it is really bizarre.

JKP said:
JimW said:
JKP said:

DiscraftMike said:

Discraft Inc.

hmm fastest longest driver

This right after I mentioned how they should top making LE Runs of good discs that people will scoop up if production. Innova already does this crap too much. I still can't wait to get the New discs to try out but haven't gotten any yet.

Guess that means I am making an order next week so if there is anything you might want me to get let me know and I'll get some.

Is DC doing another run of the 2nd 1st run Buzzzes?

I just put in an order w/ DD and was told that he had some 2nd Firsts with the DC proto stamp for $15... that seems odd to me.

Discraft ocassionally makes the Buzzz in glow plastic but any plans to do this for the Wasp?

Also, is there any way to get white Elite Z Wasps ( like the ones you guys fly dye and probably have stacks of ). Or maybe cryZtal Z Wasps ?

I'm going to the Wasp out of my bag more and more, and would love to be able to grab a few glows and a few whites ( which would get dyed eventually ).

Errr...pretty please?

mzuleger said:
Is DC doing another run of the 2nd 1st run Buzzzes?

I just put in an order w/ DD and was told that he had some 2nd Firsts with the DC proto stamp for $15... that seems odd to me.

Probably not going to do a run of 2nd 1st runs. They may do a run of 3rd first runs.

As far as any worries with DD, there are none. The discs Rusco has were made available to team members. I scooped up 5 or 6 when they made that offer. The might D found a box of unstamped 2nd First runs in the warehouse. They slapped the normal stamp on them and shipped them out to interested people.

Rusco gets all the sweet hook-ups: Cam Todd Challengers, Z Stalkers, ESP Stalkers (which are no on any release schedule), ringers, swirl APX, midnight buzz, midnight crush, Sparkle forces.

I would say if you are 2ndFR man, you better scoop up as many as you can, while you can.