• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Anyone gave experience with these colour glows?

Supposed to be the least stable of all plastics. I can deal with an understable FD, but if it's more understable than a G-Line, that's kinda bogus... We'll see in a couple days. I love FDs and love the CGC plastic, so I'll prolly still end up with a couple of these in my bag.

Supposed to be the least stable of all plastics. I can deal with an understable FD, but if it's more understable than a G-Line, that's kinda bogus... We'll see in a couple days. I love FDs and love the CGC plastic, so I'll prolly still end up with a couple of these in my bag.

I think they meant the most understable of all the C-Line plastics. I don't think it will be more understable than a G-Line or D-Line.

I think they meant the most understable of all the C-Line plastics. I don't think it will be more understable than a G-Line or D-Line.

Yeah the one max weight color glow I have was out of the mystery boxes and it's definitely not G-line or P-line understable. I'd say it's pretty similar to a new S-line or a 6th run C-line. I bag it, but it's interchangeable to most other recent runs for my arm

Got mine today and can agree that the stability is not crazy low. Still able to rip on a mild Hyzer and it flips up and rides. Anyone having a different experience? Interested if people are getting really understable flights with this one

Are the color glows on the flatter or more domey side? Saw one of the new run c lines in the store and wasn't a fan of the dome.

Is anyone familiar with pline FDs? How does the stability compare to S-Line? How quickly do they beat in?

Is anyone familiar with pline FDs? How does the stability compare to S-Line? How quickly do they beat in?

I really enjoy p-line fd's. They are definitely more understable then S-lines, but not uncontrollably flippy. As far as durability I was very surprised how durable they are. I consistently bagged one for about a year and a half or so and it never really changed.

I really enjoy p-line fd's. They are definitely more understable then S-lines, but not uncontrollably flippy. As far as durability I was very surprised how durable they are. I consistently bagged one for about a year and a half or so and it never really changed.

Excellent! Just what I wanted to hear. I'd like a turn over speed 7 and my S-Line is not getting there very quickly.

If you haven't tried a Leopard3 as a turnover speed 7 disc, see how it does for you...

I'd prefer not to add another mold into the mix, if I don't have to.
I have too many around the periphery as it is, but the FD isn't going anywhere.. so it seems like an opportunity

I'd prefer not to add another mold into the mix, if I don't have to.
I have too many around the periphery as it is, but the FD isn't going anywhere.. so it seems like an opportunity

Gotcha. And yes, there is a ton of molds in that speed and stability range. You're correct to go with what you know and love...

I tired out a new NP color glow (aqua) and it was just like my nicely beat (read: year old) swirly S line. I like FDs for a little turn with little to no fade, or hyzer flip to straight, so it was a pleasant surprise for these glows.

I tired out a new NP color glow (aqua) and it was just like my nicely beat (read: year old) swirly S line. I like FDs for a little turn with little to no fade, or hyzer flip to straight, so it was a pleasant surprise for these glows.

These are domey, correct?

These are domey, correct?

Not especially... I got a pink and an aqua and both are middle-of-the-road dome wise. Not enough to say it's "domey" but enough to say it's not flat. I have a red DM Oreo-stamped S-line from a couple years ago and the dome is about the same. Not sure if that helps since I don't know what run it was.

The stability of this pline is very similar to S-Line I'd say. Perhaps just a little less hss? Very close.
It seems to be a little more glidey/floaty, but I'm not the turn I was expecting. Let's see how it changes with wear.

Latest posts