• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

sunspot said:
Can a Predator/XXX/Firebird fill the role of a PD?
I think usually people are more like "the PD can fill the role of a Predator/Firebird" (XXX might be too tough, but a C-PD is enough of a meathook at least for me).

sunspot said:
Currently, I have two (or one depending on the mold) spots in my bag open and I'm trying to figure out what to put in there. I've made mention of this in the PD thread, but I'm either sticking with the CD and an overstable slot (Pred, Firebird, XXX currently the Firechicken) or go the PD route and keep my RoadRunner in play for anhyzer duties.

Imo, throwing around 350 makes the CD a better option (even the new run). It's more forgiving, has less fade, better at angles when new. However, a lot of people love the PD. Better wind resistance, reliable fade. I think that the PD really would work for someone who throws beyond 330-350 while the CD is for those that throw in my range. That's why I'm hesitant to jump on the PD wagon. Most of the guys who throw them are around the 400 mark.

Maybe I just need to go to bed.
I'm using both the PD (S-Freak and a C-PD) and the CD (First Run S and Craze stamped P), no problem. Depending on how the P-PD works for me I might drop the FR S-CD, just have to wait for Timko to send them out. I'm just starting to hit around the 380 foot mark (sometimes longer) but even when I was hitting around 350' I liked it very much, it powers down very nicely. At those distances the S-PD is a very reliable straight then left disc, even in the wind. Throw it with a bit of anhyzer and it extends the flight nicely, it'll still come out of it in the end and fade left.

Can any one compare the D-P2 to a big bead aviar? I'm interested in how the plastics compare. Is there a P2 out there that is stiff like the KC or classic aviar bb?

None that stiff that ive held. The P2 is kinda like a kc with the lss near out of it.

I got to fondle a few p2's the other night, they feel great. I really want someone local to get a few of the D lines so I can throw them (the ones I held were S line).

Dave D on PDGA said:
The TD compares to a Valkyrie or Sidewinder. The MD2 is between a Shark and a Coyote, I think. It flies very straight and stable.

Frank Delicious said:
I've got a P PD beat in pretty well now and it has very little fade now. It is actually my favorite PD.

I love this disc, mines not beat yet but it does some cool things that I want it to...Won't replace my Teebird but has found a spot in my bag for now.

ian said:
Can any one compare the D-P2 to a big bead aviar? I'm interested in how the plastics compare. Is there a P2 out there that is stiff like the KC or classic aviar bb?

none of the P2's are that stiff. sorry

/end

anyone been throwing the DD at all?

I had traded for one a long time ago and it never really stuck in the bag. I don't think I quite knew how to throw the disc when I had it. I had been looking for a forehand roller and stable distance driver. I had played around with T-rexx and xcal but the DD won out in the end. I don't know if the forehand rollers beat it straight or if my mechanics changes are making me like the flight.

I wanna say eli has a dd or had one and the few times we played waco he was gettn some dan good rollers out of it. Back hand rollers though. I'm sure they would be good on forehand rollers too but everybody I've heard that throws em backhand says they're glideless pos's

yeah when I first threw it I thought it had no glide at all. But I think the forehand rollers have helped it lose some of that initial stability. I havent really used it for backhand rollers but I might try it. I doubt I could get it to roll unless it was in Pro plastic and I beat it up. I am still learning to hit/control the backhand rollers. sidewinder has been my goto backhander of late

zj1002 said:
anyone been throwing the DD at all?

I had traded for one a long time ago and it never really stuck in the bag. I don't think I quite knew how to throw the disc when I had it. I had been looking for a forehand roller and stable distance driver. I had played around with T-rexx and xcal but the DD won out in the end. I don't know if the forehand rollers beat it straight or if my mechanics changes are making me like the flight.
I'm not really loving the S-DD at all (they're indeed pretty much glideless) but the P-DD is pretty identical to an Echo Star Wraith (according to discspeed at least, though it's cheaper and more readily available, Echo isn't run at all times) and is my favorite max D driver. You can also find them in different PLHs and they take VERY well to tuning. I tuned my oldest, most flippiest P-DD, which consistently turned over from a 25 degree hyzer a bit the other day and now it flies like a new disc. I can even throw it anhyzer and have it hold. They also glide well and at least mine have taken some serious hits without breaking apart.

Basically, I've tried pretty much every max D driver apart from Discraft's discs (I've thrown a Surge lots and own a Nuke), pretty much only missing the Halo and the P-DD has always been the most consistent to get out far and accurate. YMMV obviously, but I love it.

Pssssssst

There is MORE Discmania stuff at Discgolfvalues!!!

C-MD2
C-TD
P-MD2
S-MD2
S-TD

Let's shop like a PD Freak.

haha I just got an STD
thanks for the heads up, I snagged another C-PD which I wouldn't have noticed had it not been for your post!

I really like the stamp on the fiend. it's got the plus configuration rim though...

tito said:
haha I just got an STD
thanks for the heads up, I snagged another C-PD which I wouldn't have noticed had it not been for your post!

I really like the stamp on the fiend. it's got the plus configuration rim though...

plus configuration rim?

Also, DGV's ratings on the TD are identical to the Roadrunner. What's the difference?

yeah you know, angled or tapered like a roc plus or teebird plus

I"ll let you know when mine gets here and I compare it to my roadrunner