• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

"There is a distinct small groove on the top of the flight
plate near the edge where the rim meets the flight plate."

hmmm. Not sure about this.

TeamTollandDG said:

Dunipace told me it was an artifact of the molding, not of the actual mold itself.

TeamTollandDG said:

Maybe same kind of groove that Pulse has?

Timko said:
TeamTollandDG said:

Dunipace told me it was an artifact of the molding, not of the actual mold itself.
Most, if not all of my DM drivers have a very slight "groove" on the top, appears to just be the way that anhyzer top molds/cools. It may be more pronounced with the DD2 if they are mentioning it, but I've noticed this with several of the discs.

As long as any of you bastards don't outbid me on eBay, I'll let you know what the deal with this disc is.

FYI from Discmania on facebook regarding stability between plastics with the DD2

Discmania wrote:
"@james: Yes. The high speed turn in P-line is -2, in S-line -1 and in C-line 0."

Woo! Emailed Mark, apparently I can get one of the protos anyway. Need to order one of the champs as well, mmm, tasty...

Dave D @ PDGA said:
The discs on Ebay are P-Line. They fly in between a Katana and Boss for flight characteristic, but as fast as a Katana with maybe more glide. Very easy to throw relative to the Boss. More controllable, relative to the Katana. Stable enough to not have to worry about flipping them easily. Lots of distance.
That sounds very Pro Destroyer like to me...

Too bad the shipping to Finland can take forever and I'll probably be able to buy the S/P-Line DD2 from Discmania here before the proto ever finds it's way over here.

I'm in the process of ordering some from Mark once he gets back to me on the colors, weights, domes, stiffness, etc.

while i kinda want one of these i just dont see it doing anything that a stable Katana or flippy Boss wont do........other than be new and exciting for a week

jubuttib said:
Dave D @ PDGA said:
The discs on Ebay are P-Line. They fly in between a Katana and Boss for flight characteristic, but as fast as a Katana with maybe more glide. Very easy to throw relative to the Boss. More controllable, relative to the Katana. Stable enough to not have to worry about flipping them easily. Lots of distance.
That sounds very Pro Destroyer like to me...
Yeah, sounds like a Pro Destroyer, but a little longer. From the video, it looked a little less stable than a new Pro Destroyer. Really interested what people think about this, especially Pro/Echo Star Destroyer throwers.