• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ebay PSA's...

pdorries said:
hundred bucks for an 11x fb, guy either won the lottery or IS AN IDIOT. even if you made a lot of money why spend 4 times the market value.. who knows. i need to try to pm this bidder and sell him some stuff :D

if you are out there mysterious bidder, PM me, ill send you pic of my whole collection :D
Fixed.

That guy that bought the FB also was bidding on a 1st Run Pro Katana ($51 dollars) & a Clear 1st Run Proto Groove (Piece of Crap Disc) also at $51. I originally was watching the FB and Katana and Groove, I put a max of $35 for the FB, $25 for the Katana & Groove each...when the guy outbid me on all three, i thought that he was price gouging and just jacking the stuff up, it seems shady that the rare FB got jacked and then 2 other kinda common discs he jacked up on me as well. So that was it....I was on a jacking frenzy at that point cause to me it was jacked up on purpose....While the 1 of 30 swirly Boss didn't get jacked up by him at all.

So I just bid and bid until he became the high bidder at a crazy price. I also emailed Sandypoint and told him I felt that this guy was jacking the price and might burn him for the auctions. 3 discs at a combined $203 dollars? RIGHT!!! I never got a reply from Sandypoint and he's usually really good about writing back right away so that was shady as well.

It was shady to me as well the same guy bidding and jacking up prices on some otherwise not so rare items. I might send eBay a notification to look into this guy and Sandypoint. I've bought a ton of good stuff and reasonable prices from Sandypoint however everyone is right things are starting to go for higher then normal lately.

Tim Red Beard said:
That guy that bought the FB also was bidding on a 1st Run Pro Katana ($51 dollars)
Edit: Meant to send that as a PM...

On another note, we have now discovered it was VENGEANCE bidding driving up at least some of the auctions! :lol:

Mr. Plow said:
Tim Red Beard said:
That guy that bought the FB also was bidding on a 1st Run Pro Katana ($51 dollars)
Edit: Meant to send that as a PM...

On another note, we have now discovered it was VENGEANCE bidding driving up at least some of the auctions! :lol:

I normally never get involved in that type of BS with people, however I have a very sneaky feeling that this guy is jacking up bids on purpose just to be a prick and not at all for Sandypoint...we'll see in the next day or so if the discs go back up on there if he actually paid the $101 dollars for the FB. It's all speculation at this point however I have won a LOT of discs from Mike at Sandypoint and he's been awesome to deal with. So I truly think that he has nothing to do with this. I could be wrong tho.

So are my post invisible around here?!

The said 51 positive feedback bidder is just an ebay/plastic whore. He has bid on/bought plastic off of me, and I assure you he isn't sketchy. He just sees things he wants and bids on/buys them, just like you and I!! It does suck, I was/am watching all of those items too...

And that black proto groove is f'n sexy, I don't care who ya are!

I really doubt it's anything corrupt going down. Check out what he bought from me, and at what price, and see if you still think he's shady.

lefty-hyzer said:

The said 51 positive feedback bidder is just an ebay/plastic whore. He has bid on/bought plastic off of me, and I assure you he isn't sketchy. He just sees things he wants and bids on/buys them, just like you and I!! It does suck, I was/am watching all of those items too...

I really doubt it's anything corrupt going down. Check out what he bought from me, and at what price, and see if you still think he's shady.
I saw what you wrote Lefty :)

That Groove wasn't $50 sexy. Nor is an 11x Firebird $100+ sexy. Maybe you're right, and this person just doesn't have a clue.

Will you ask him/her to go bid on my auctions? Pretty please? :mrgreen:

lefty-hyzer said:

I'm not trying to be a dick but unless you are "Mr. Feedback 51" you do not know for a fact that he is 100% legit. Just because he bought from you doesn't mean he isn't helping another seller raise prices.

Again I'm not saying you're a liar I'm just saying the possibilty still exists.

Jeronimo said:
That is really interesting. I trust Mike from Sandypoint but the data is hard to ignore. When I have dealings with him I typicaly try to do it outside of eBay so I can negotiate prices. He's pretty fair to me typically. I actually find Mark from discgolfvalues to be a little more outrageous in his prices on some of his "collector" plastic...

I couldnt agree more. Mike is a really nice a straight forward guy. He has been making some ridiculous sales though. They mostly seem to be coming from 2 specific buyers.

Mark is a good guy too but he asks waaay too much for his discs and has been raising his prices on everything lately.

I have now bought discs on ebay from Avery Jenkins and Nate Doss in the last couple weeks. I love ebay for this reason, every once in a while you find something killer. Or some thing you cant find any where else.

cjskier said:
I have now bought discs on ebay from Avery Jenkins and Nate Doss in the last couple weeks. I love ebay for this reason, every once in a while you find something killer. Or some thing you cant find any where else.

lol, I had the same feeling. I won a KC Pro Whippet about a week ago and when the package was delivered the sender address said Avery Jenkins and I believe I stopped in place and went "wtf?, really?". Don't worry Avery, its in a good home now... :lol:

Jeronimo said:
cjskier said:

lol, I had the same feeling. I won a KC Pro Whippet about a week ago and when the package was delivered the sender address said Avery Jenkins and I believe I stopped in place and went "wtf?, really?". Don't worry Avery, its in a good home now... :lol:

I did basicly the same thing.Saw the disc, bid on it because I just wanted the disc and won it. Went straight to paypal, with never really reading the item description and noticed Avery's name in check out. I asked him to sign it, which he did on the back. Then he took it to Nate and got him to sign the front. It was a Discraft Fullcolor of his championship.

A week later I buy a lot of 4 discrft discs, all molds I throw. Ends up they are from Nate. One was a Doss X avenger, which he signed as well.

For now I'm keeping the package they both came in, lol.

jsun3thousand said:
....at least they didn't use blueberry, CE, or proto.
Seriously WTF is up with blueberry... it doesn't mean anything, it's just a blue disc!

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRUE-BLUEBERRY-CHAMPION-KATANA-2010-AM-WORLDS-GOLF-DISC_W0QQitemZ350320862995QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5190c02713

mzuleger said:
jsun3thousand said:
Seriously WTF is up with blueberry... it doesn't mean anything, it's just a blue disc!

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRUE-BLUEBERRY-CHAMPION-KATANA-2010-AM-WORLDS-GOLF-DISC_W0QQitemZ350320862995QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5190c02713
It comes from the original blueberry discs that were highly sought after. The most famous would be the first run blueberry CE valkyries. I don't have a clue why more recent discs are so expensive though, since they don't usually fly unique.

mzuleger said:
jsun3thousand said:

I have no interest in this disc at all, but I kind of want to bid on this to see how high I can drive the price... :twisted:

Mr. Plow said:
mzuleger said:
jsun3thousand said:

I have no interest in this disc at all, but I kind of want to bid on this to see how high I can drive the price... :twisted:
Sometimes I do this. Usually when I see something good going for a ridiculously low price. Usually I end up getting them then. :lol:

jsun3thousand said:
I asked the seller what he means by true blueberry. I predict this will be funny.

"Some on ebay try to pass off lighter blue discs as being blueberry colored. Although there are no official guidelines for what is true blueberry and what is not, most vendors and collectors consider ones like this one, that have that deep midnight blue with an opaque flight plate looking ones to be considered "true" blueberry. These are highly collectible as it turns out and I believe the whole blueberry term originated years ago with the original CE Valkyries."