• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ebay PSA's...

Butterfly nipples are only worth money if they are found on 11x ce sb proto teebirds. Come on dude! "True" blueberry plastic is not capable of producing a butterfly nipple.

Does anyone ever clip or sand their nipples? I just got a new one and it's a little aggressive for my liking. It agitates my finger when I spin it.

FierceTable said:
Does anyone ever clip or sand their nipples? I just got a new one and it's a little aggressive for my liking. It agitates my finger when I spin it.

In the ebay game they call that clipping your profit.

What to do if your disc doesn't sell the first time? Raise the price when you relist it of course!

This one ended at 79.95
Relisted for 99.95

I bought from them once, and they shipped my $30 disc in a garbage sack. Never again. Granted, they do free shipping a lot but I feel like "we ship your disc in a garbage bag" is information which should be disclosed.

More ebay BS: http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRA-RARE-FLAT-TOP-11X-KC-PRO-ROC-180g_W0QQitemZ290407409246QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439da1665e

mzuleger said:
More ebay BS: http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRA-RARE-FLAT-TOP-11X-KC-PRO-ROC-180g_W0QQitemZ290407409246QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439da1665e

What's even worse than the price is that they try to make it sound cool that it has a "custom dye job"... Look at that dye job...it is horrible design for one, and they couldn't even keep the dye from bleeding. haha

mzuleger said:
I just about crapped myself when I saw the price on that thing. I have a couple flat 11x Rocs I traded for awhile back and was about to list them on Ebay. Good to know they're now worth $1,000! :lol:

Mr. Plow said:
mzuleger said:
I just about crapped myself when I saw the price on that thing. I have a couple flat 11x Rocs I traded for awhile back and was about to list them on Ebay. Good to know they're now worth $1,000! :lol:

There is no such thing as a "flat top" KC unless there are some Ching stamped full color KCs that no one knows about. I know they had full color KCs for last year's Ice Bowl, but they didn't turn out that flat (and I looked at about 50 of them).

Timko said:
Mr. Plow said:
mzuleger said:

There is no such thing as a "flat top" KC unless there are some Ching stamped full color KCs that no one knows about. I know they had full color KCs for last year's Ice Bowl, but they didn't turn out that flat (and I looked at about 50 of them).
I know. Someone flattened them before I got my hands on them. I was pretty pissed too, cuz I was going to throw them. Oh well, last DX flat top I sold went for $17 so an 11x ought to get a bit more.

They are out there, you just gotta know a few people who were known for getting into trouble at innova east (see special Ed).

25224_661816347821_25006776_37842766_636276_n.jpg

How is the market looking for them?

25224_661816238041_25006776_37842763_4502175_n.jpg

EDIT: I'm too lazy to take another picture at the moment, but the angle doesn't do justice to the flatness

Jeronimo said:
Ya know, the worst part of this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...39592&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2167wt_1165

is that when I bought my original bunch of first run champion katana's, blue was still an option. I chose all transitions cause I thought they'd be rarer. Damn you fickle collector market...

What the heck? Last time I looked at that item, the bid was $100 and I thought it still had a couple days to go. Now the auction has ended with a $24.99 start bid and no bidders?

Webslinger said:
Jeronimo said:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...39592&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2167wt_1165

is that when I bought my original bunch of first run champion katana's, blue was still an option. I chose all transitions cause I thought they'd be rarer. Damn you fickle collector market...

What the heck? Last time I looked at that item, the bid was $100 and I thought it still had a couple days to go. Now the auction has ended with a $24.99 start bid and no bidders?
It was at $100, you're right. He uses multiple accounts though (I have proof), and it wouldn't surprise me if old Puffy was bidding on his own auctions and then withdrew at the last minute so he wouldn't get charged the fees. Then again, last week I had an item up to $26 and 2 people withdrew their bids all of a sudden and it was at $1.25. Probably one or the other. Either way, I will never bid on any of his auctions.

Here's the response I got from the Roc guy:

Honestly I think this one could be the result of a drunken night at the factory. While the cat is away the mice will play sort of thing. It is definitly molded with the "flat top" top mold in place. It was stamped and got near some acitone when I was dying other discs. The stamp was ruined so in my haste gave it a messy dye job. Not really sure when in the run it was made, but I do know there was some experimenting going on very early in the 11X run. There are even some 11x that were made from the 10x mold.(50 to be exact made as a test run, which is where I pulled the number for this disc) I have never seen or heard of another of these 11x flat tops and I do know alot of roc collectors. This one is probably much rarer than I give it credit.

Timko, that is pure gold!

Other than the fact that there were some made, this guy is literally pulling it all out of his ass

Mr. Plow said:
Webslinger said:
Jeronimo said:

It was at $100, you're right. He uses multiple accounts though (I have proof), and it wouldn't surprise me if old Puffy was bidding on his own auctions and then withdrew at the last minute so he wouldn't get charged the fees. Then again, last week I had an item up to $26 and 2 people withdrew their bids all of a sudden and it was at $1.25. Probably one or the other. Either way, I will never bid on any of his auctions.

Wow! :shock: I'm rather new to the whole buying/selling discs on ebay and it has been an eye-opener to see how the system gets worked.
I was interested in buying that disc too, but certainly didn't think it would sell for more than $50.00. After all, it was not mint and had been thrown several times previously. There were two other 1st Run Katanas up for auction on ebay (mint condition) and both recently ended, but neither one went for anywhere near $100.

Timko said:
Here's the response I got from the Roc guy:

Honestly I think this one could be the result of a drunken night at the factory. While the cat is away the mice will play sort of thing. It is definitly molded with the "flat top" top mold in place. It was stamped and got near some acitone when I was dying other discs. The stamp was ruined so in my haste gave it a messy dye job. Not really sure when in the run it was made, but I do know there was some experimenting going on very early in the 11X run. There are even some 11x that were made from the 10x mold.(50 to be exact made as a test run, which is where I pulled the number for this disc) I have never seen or heard of another of these 11x flat tops and I do know alot of roc collectors. This one is probably much rarer than I give it credit.
I'll remember this forever. :lol: :lol: :lol: