• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ebay PSA's...

Sexy? yeah. Pay that much? Hell no.
discs%20to%20list%201-26-10%20002.jpg

dgdave said:
dstain19 said:
Are misprints rare, and do they add value to a disc? Just got a disc in a lot off ebay that I planned to throw, but there is a misprint on it. Says PDGA Appoved. Can't really think of any reason why that would make someone want it more, but thought I would ask anyway.

No.

Is it a QMS

Yeah it is a QMS. I was buying the discs anyway, and then the seller contacting me and said there was this rare misprint. Figured it was garbage, just wanted to double check. Thanks for the info.

dstain19 said:
Yeah it is a QMS. I was buying the discs anyway, and then the seller contacting me and said there was this rare misprint. Figured it was garbage, just wanted to double check. Thanks for the info.
Most of the "Appoved" misprint Millennium discs are CE plastic, according to what I've learned here on DGR. This doesn't make them more valuable necessarily, but some people do covet the CE plastic Millennium discs. Was the seller trying to charge you more for the misprint disc? What is their Ebay seller name anyway?

Steve said:
I also have a QMS that says "pdga appoved" but I am unsure what CE plastic looks like. Is there a way to tell?

Opaque if it's a first run. Sharp flashing around the edge of the disc. The "QMS" part of the stamp is usually a different color than the background part (2 foil stamp). I'm pretty sure not all "appoved" discs are CE.

Flipflat said:
Steve said:
I also have a QMS that says "pdga appoved" but I am unsure what CE plastic looks like. Is there a way to tell?

Opaque if it's a first run. Sharp flashing around the edge of the disc. The "QMS" part of the stamp is usually a different color than the background part (2 foil stamp). I'm pretty sure not all "appoved" discs are CE.

Thanks, I think it is CE then. The hot stamp was already removed when I bought it. I threw it for the first time on Sunday in my local Ice Bowl. I loved the way it flew and feel good about the purchase now. I picked it up at pias for $8 but felt stupid because the Q-sent I bought with it was the www version not the sanny. Now I feel better.

Steve said:
Flipflat said:
Steve said:

Thanks, I think it is CE then. The hot stamp was already removed when I bought it. I threw it for the first time on Sunday in my local Ice Bowl. I loved the way it flew and feel good about the purchase now. I picked it up at pias for $8 but felt stupid because the Q-sent I bought with it was the www version not the sanny. Now I feel better.

I posted in the other thread, but since this is the PSA thread... Opaque plastic, two colored stamp, with a marker mark at 6 o'clock = CE. The marker mark was to line up the two colors of the stamp. I dont know if it's neccessarily a first run though.

dstain19 said:
What if it has all of those factors, but does not have the marker spot.

I dont know, I have only seen them with the marker. They were probably all from the same run. I was told that the marker was used to line up the two colors. can you post a picture?

otherwise I'd shoot a PM to leopard/zamson/ted damson/ whatever he calls himself these days :lol: he probably knows.

$100 for a misprint?!?!?!?

http://cgi.ebay.com/yellow-max-weight-Esp-Nuke-1-gold-7-black-hazard-stmp_W0QQitemZ140381828193QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20af68b461

mzuleger said:

http://cgi.ebay.com/yellow-max-weight-Esp-Nuke-1-gold-7-black-hazard-stmp_W0QQitemZ140381828193QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20af68b461

rofl, I saw that one too.

Jeronimo said:
mzuleger said:

rofl, I saw that one too.

man....DGCR missed out on this one!!