• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ESP Cyclone - home for wayward gazelle throwers

Still loving the Cyclone, I've got them supporting my TeeBirds right now. I pull out the TeeBird when I want a good strong fade, but the ESP Cyclone comes out whenever I need dead straight lasers or Annys.

Durability is NOT an issue with these discs - I've been throwing my(single) ESP Cyclone now for months as a work-horse driver and if I release it flat it is just a laser still, it will not turnover unless I release it with Anny or pull it with all my might(oat). It's funny how EagleX - like this disc is. To me, my Star Eagle never really became understable - It just lost its LSS(fade) at a painfully slow rate. And that is how I feel with the ESP Cyclone(although the Cyclone is noticeably a tick slower).

Cyclone = Slower Eagle. Mine is seasoned in and it is scary-straight. :)

*EDIT DISCLAIMER* I realize people wear discs at different rates and pull discs at different speeds, so bare in mind this is just my opinion, of course.

Jsw said:
Still loving the Cyclone, I've got them supporting my TeeBirds right now. I pull out the TeeBird when I want a good strong fade, but the ESP Cyclone comes out whenever I need dead straight lasers or Annys.

Durability is NOT an issue with these discs - I've been throwing my(single) ESP Cyclone now for months as a work-horse driver and if I release it flat it is just a laser still, it will not turnover unless I release it with Anny or pull it with all my might(oat). It's funny how EagleX - like this disc is. To me, my Star Eagle never really became understable - It just lost its LSS(fade) at a painfully slow rate. And that is how I feel with the ESP Cyclone(although the Cyclone is noticeably a tick slower).

Cyclone = Slower Eagle. Mine is seasoned in and it is scary-straight. :)

*EDIT DISCLAIMER* I realize people wear discs at different rates and pull discs at different speeds, so bare in mind this is just my opinion, of course.

I've played about 4 rounds with mine and this nails my opinion of it. Mine is a flat orange one, and I just picked up a blue domier one to see how it flies. I see this being a workhorse for me in the woods.

I was tired of coveting my wife's ESP Cyclone, so I just picked up a flat-top 174 ESP Cyclone today. The plastic is far more rigid and shiny smooth than the usual ESP plastic, almost like a cross between Z and the usual ESP.

Anyone have any comments on this particular kind of ESP Cyclone and plastic? Its hard to search this thread for this info without the search function, but I'm sure its in here somewhere.

I can't wait to use it, I think I'll play a couple rounds with only this disc to get used to it. I know it is versatile enough to do that, too.

I had one that was like the one you are describing. I found the plastic to be nice since it was more rigid. The one thing I noticed was that the flat top was more stable and could handle the wind a little better but it did not have the same glide as my domier esp cyclones.

I did actually search this whole thread, and I haven't encountered a discussion of ESP plastic variations for the ESP Cyclone mold specifically.

mattw said:
I had one that was like the one you are describing. I found the plastic to be nice since it was more rigid. The one thing I noticed was that the flat top was more stable and could handle the wind a little better but it did not have the same glide as my domier esp cyclones.
Cool, that sounds similar to what I was looking for in this disc. The Cyclone, to me, is a disc that I can put a little anhyzer on at modest power and that I can trust to fade back at the end. And ideal for mid-range throws, although not entirely bad for even longer shots. Beat in, I expect to get some good hyzer flips out of it at short range.

Have you tried a domey ESP Cyclone? They are sneaky long. It takes a little longer for them to get there but man can they glide.

I'm not really looking for the longest glidiest Cyclone right now, though it does sound nice. A tad more stability and wind resistance sounds perfect for my present needs. (Besides, I have plenty of other discs in my bag that will glide forever if I need that.)

What I like in the Cyclone is its versatility and ability to cover a lot of shots up to around 300' range. I love the kinds of lines I can get from it as well. I've been primarily using my Buzzz and Panther for the 150'-250' range, but I've also been encountering situations where I just want a nice controllable swiss army disc to cover a bit further range and also a wider variety of shots. My Crystal Z Buzzz is great for straight and hyzer lines, but it is still not holding altitude very well and feels funky on anhyzer lines...I can throw it over 250' but it is harder for me to control at that power level (perhaps in time that will change as I improve). I know that the Cyclone can hold altitude well on an anhyzer line and will even fight to fade back at the end (in the sense of a flex line), which is what I'd really like to have.

So, the spinal cord of my bag should become something like:
DX Classic Roc (P&A)
Crystal Z Buzzz (mid hyzer/straight to 250')
ESP Cyclone (hyzer/straight/anhyzer to 300')
Z Stalker (straight to 330')
New/Beat Pro Destroyers (hyzer/turnover to 350')

Funny how more and more Discraft creeps into my bag as time progresses!

Mr.SmOOOth said:
Working Stiff said:
riverboy said:
$20.00 dollar too beaucoup. Five dollars is all my mom allows me to spend.

You got girl-fren Viet Nam?

not just this minute!

but back to the ESP Cyclone. I really love TPs and cried the day i shattered one against a tree. I do have a flat white ESP that is kinda slick and shiny and more stable than my TPs and Xs. I do want to try a domier one. I just want to get out and throw some in general. anyone else seen a change in plastic or are we still on the "first run" of ESPs?