• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ESP Cyclone - home for wayward gazelle throwers

I found that the X did not have as much glide as the ESP. To me the feel between the two plastics was different the bead felt more pronounced on the X than the ESP.

I've got an ESP and X cyclone in the bag right now and I'd agree that the esp has more glide. It also seems faster to me. Maybe it's due to my lack of experience with these, but I feel like the X is a lot harder to reproduce shots with than the esp - esp seems more consistent.

I just got a pair of X cyclones, they look and feel exactly like my ESP (domey) but are more grippy (thank gawd the ESP is slick). I have a bunch of Pro-D's too, I'll compare them all and report back. 8)

I recently got an ESP Cyclone and almost instantly fell in love w/ it. It's just so forgiving and workable for hyzer flips, anhyzers, and strong tail wind shots. One thing that really surprised me was the glide of the cyclone way more then my other fairway drivers (Stalker & Predator). I do have a question though has anybody ever tuned one to be more HSS stable and what were the results? The reason I'm asking is because I'm getting a few more in the mail and was wondering if I could replace my Stalker w/ a tuned one.

I haven't needed to tune any of mine to more HSS. The flat ones have a good bit of stability already in them. You should try it though and let a brother know how it works.

My ESP Cyclone has the perfect stability at high speed, I wouldn't think of tuning it. It is a unique plastic blend, though, I haven't seen any others like it (close to z plastic rigidity and smoothness, not real sticky like others). Anyways, I still keep my FR Stalker in the bag alongside the hard ESP Cyclone because it is useful to have a disc that will not fade if turned to the proper angle. Also, the Stalker will turn over a tad more easily than the Cyclone. The Cyclone is beautiful on left-right lines with gentle fade at the end, and yes, tons of glide too. I love it.

Just got this in the mail- saw this old TP Cyclone at Marshall St, figured I'd bring it back to Michigan. It's got dual 1996 Great Lakes Open ghost stamps:

4504429660_0d34304387.jpg
4504429346_c0788f97c2.jpg

I think those are some seahorse things wrapping the logo with their tails, but it's hard to tell, ghost stamp and all. Pretty cool looking, can't wait to throw it.

Flipflat said:
Just got this in the mail- saw this old TP Cyclone at Marshall St, figured I'd bring it back to Michigan. It's got dual 1996 Great Lakes Open ghost stamps:

4504429660_0d34304387.jpg
4504429346_c0788f97c2.jpg

I think those are some seahorse things wrapping the logo with their tails, but it's hard to tell, ghost stamp and all. Pretty cool looking, can't wait to throw it.
It's a green basilisk.

ESP Clones are my go-to disc now. I throw those with more confidence than anything else in my bag.
When I play two disc golf, I throw one with a Focus in Pro D.