• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ESP Cyclone - home for wayward gazelle throwers

TP's are very OAT sensitive, if you dont throw (very) cleanly, they will appear to be flippy. I find them to be plenty long, when thrown from a hyzer flip (cleanly). This is actually a disc players with very good throwing mechanics, but low power should really be able to enjoy.

I don't think OAT is the culprit in my case judging by lasering new 175 Valk with 2' fade to 400'. Or Kites straight. Skeeters somewhat well after a bit of training as long as there's no wind. Not to mention Comets. Threw a Leopard today without troubles.

Ive recently just started throwing the cyclone for the first time. The one I have been tossing is a 172 X Cyclone and I would not say its flippy. It is easy to turnover but it is also easy to keep it from turning over.

Ive been suprised at how long this disc is. I have thrown some pretty long turnover and flex shots with this disc. Im looking forward to playing some more wooded course with my cyclone as I think it will shred the woods with no problem. It also fly nice and straight with a lower powered shot.

So far me likey.

So has anyone gotten Innova to admit that they are really discontinuing the Gazelle? They still tell me, when I ask, that it is not being discontinued, but that they are doing fewer runs these days.

I have only thrown the Cyclone in ESP and Pro D. Love the ESP plastic hated the way the Pro D beat in or had chunks taken out of the plastic. One thing I did like was that the Pro D was easy to use for annys. Is the Elite X as stable as the ESP or is it closer to the Pro D.

mattw said:
I have only thrown the Cyclone in ESP and Pro D. Love the ESP plastic hated the way the Pro D beat in or had chuncks taken out of the plastic. One thing I did like was that the Pro D was easy to use for annys. Is the Elite X as stable as the ESP or is it closer to the Pro D.

It's less stable than the esp, with more glide (so I've heard). Elite-X feels better also, IMHO.

Today I tested 1 esp cyclone and 2 TP, all were brand new.

I threw them 70% power, because here is much snow and I dont want to lose them.

First I threw them flat: they did a nice S.
Then little hyzer: flipped flat and then fade
After that small anhyzer: very good turn and small fade in the end

I didnt notice any differences between esp and TP so far.

I LIKE THEM VERY MUCH

Would it benefit me to drop back to an ESP cyclone from an Eagle? My bag consists of: Firebird, CD, Eagle, RR, Roc, Comet, and Magnet. The CD and Eagle are almost at the same distance. The CD fades less than the Eagle. I've mulling around the idea of getting a "slower" Eagle. That, and I already have two beat Tourney Pro Cyclones.

sunspot said:
Would it benefit me to drop back to an ESP cyclone from an Eagle? My bag consists of: Firebird, CD, Eagle, RR, Roc, Comet, and Magnet. The CD and Eagle are almost at the same distance. The CD fades less than the Eagle. I've mulling around the idea of getting a "slower" Eagle. That, and I already have two beat Tourney Pro Cyclones.

I would say yes, but I did the opposite, sorta. I consolidated my Cyclone and OLF shots into the Eagle. If you get an Eagle beat enough it should do what a Cyclone can do at similar power.

Either that or look for a decent distance driver that fits into my range. For the life of me, I haven't found one. I'm a plateau where I can do a lot with my eagles: lines, distance, etc. I'm looking for something that's longer. The CD is a little bit longer, not much. This is why I though about dropping down to a cyclone.

Have you tried a domey Pro Destroyer in the high 160's? Or a Star Valk around 170? I can get those to go a good bit further than my Eagles, with less control. I'm comfortable with my Eagles in the 330-360ish range, with the occasional 375+ toss.

No, I haven't. I can toss my eagles around 330 350 max. I chucked my CD around 357 max the other day. The CD is like a more stable Valk. If anything, I might get the CD in the 160's (d-170 and s-173). That might help.

So i was organizing my cyclones yesterday and noticed something weird. My Elite Z and Esp Cyclones were all the same diameter and the Elite X and TPs were smaller diameter. Makes me wonder why the Elite Z and Esp are larger in diameter if it is the same mold. Anyone know?

TP/Elite X blends are known to shrink more than ESP and Elite Z.

Here are some comparative diameters taken with my 12" dial calipers on unthrown discs.

X Comet- 8.615"
ESP Comet- 8.67"
Z Comet- 8.68"

DX Rancho Roc- 8.475"
KC Rancho Roc- 8.458"
Champ Rancho Roc- 8.53"

VG5xyixhzvX.GIF

Latest posts