• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ESP Cyclone - home for wayward gazelle throwers

Alright, screw it, I got through 11 pages and can't find the answer I'm looking for.

Can someone compare the flat esp's to the domey ones? More glide, less glide, more/less hss, more/less lss?????

I have 4 esp cyclones I just put on a table top. They all appear very flat my X and D plastic ones all are much more domey. As far as the flight characteristics and this solely based on my experience with these four cyclone esps. They came out of the box neutral and held the straight lines wonderfully. My work horse cyclone has broken into becoming something close to -1 to .5 LSS and about a 2 HSS.

CHEERS - Koffee

rooneytunes said:
Alright, screw it, I got through 11 pages and can't find the answer I'm looking for.

Can someone compare the flat esp's to the domey ones? More glide, less glide, more/less hss, more/less lss?????

Flat's are more stable, and faster. I think I remember Frank saying something about throwing flat esp's, maybe ask him.

Do the X-Cyclones start off about the same as a mildly seasoned ESP?

I don't know how you guys like the esp cyclones. I recently put cyclones back in my bag and I bought ANOTHER esp cyclone cause the previous 4 I have had were all pigs. And with little surprise to me, this cyclone was a pig as well. I will stick with TP and hope that I can ride them out for awhile and don't lose them cause nothing is the same as the TPs.

rusch_bag said:
I don't know how you guys like the esp cyclones. I recently put cyclones back in my bag and I bought ANOTHER esp cyclone cause the previous 4 I have had were all pigs. And with little surprise to me, this cyclone was a pig as well. I will stick with TP and hope that I can ride them out for awhile and don't lose them cause nothing is the same as the TPs.

Meh, just throw Leopards. Or an MJLS...

Still lovin my esp cyclone... for me, its great for long slow anhyzers & 350-400 controlled hyzflips that have a gentle fade at the end.

When powered down it flies nice and straight with a bit more fade at the end. I dont have a ton of throws with it yet so Im yet to get a dead nuts finish with close to no fade like a can with my stalkers. time will tell.

I got one of the early green Cyclones. Which of the current ones will be the most similar ?

rusch_bag said:

Try a elite-x cyclone. I've had mine for over a year, used as my main turnover driver, and I get some really sweet S curves out of it. Tried a esp and it was like you said, piggish. Not the same disc, IMHO. Haven't tried a TP yet, but I'm looking forward to it (I have a stack of 4 that is just waiting for me to lose my X).

I have two TP cyclones that I love but am looking to get a couple more...are these discs tp and are the 15$ ones fairly priced?......http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/cyclone-c-34_54_115.html?osCsid=8jf47ih6dkrhskq19o8j22b837

HuntingtonHyzer said:
I have two TP cyclones that I love but am looking to get a couple more...are these discs tp and are the 15$ ones fairly priced?......http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/cyclone-c-34_54_115.html?osCsid=8jf47ih6dkrhskq19o8j22b837
Most of those are TP for sure. $15.00 seems to be around average for new. What I mean by this is it's what most sellers are pricing them at. You can find them cheaper if you look hard enough I'm sure. Remember that Discraft doesn't have as much of a collector market as Innova.

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure before I dropped the money. For someone just really getting into disc golf the last year or so its kind of confusing trying to figure out "old" plastics and models.

2 random questions. How does the Z cyclone compare to the ESP. I got one in a plastic haul at a recent tournament and noticed it was 1.5 but I haven't been able to throw it to much. I noticed some people said it stunk in the wind despite being rated a little more overstable.

Also how does one compare a a millinum plastic JLS. I have a couple older runs but the newer runs just aren't working the same for me and so I am looking for something to replace it.

Iman522 said:
2 random questions. How does the Z cyclone compare to the ESP. I got one in a plastic haul at a recent tournament and noticed it was 1.5 but I haven't been able to throw it to much. I noticed some people said it stunk in the wind despite being rated a little more overstable.

Also how does one compare a a millinum plastic JLS. I have a couple older runs but the newer runs just aren't working the same for me and so I am looking for something to replace it.

The Z Cyclones were overstable. Like Z wasp flight path.

Iman522 said:

MJLS is a little faster, IMHO.

I have two yellows with some dome. I checked all my backups regardless of color and they all had some dome. The dome comment throws me off though. Do you mean dome all the way to the center? For me I always thought it meant the the dome that occours at the shoulder of the disc and then flattens out accross the flight plate.

I love the Esp cyclones. I have a flat green and a flat yellow. They have a little dome at the shoulders then it flattens out all the way across. They do start out pretty stable, but with a few months of solid throwing they will break in and have a nice turn, and that predictable late fade back. They can be sneaky long, I have gotten them out to 350 on some throws by accident. I have a hyzer-flip throwing style and they fit that style well.

I have played with Esp Cyclone for some months now. Just love it! Thanks Discgolfreview for making me want to pick one up!