• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

I have a nice pair of firm glows that they ran last fall. I bought them through Gateway Underground on Facebook. I've used them as throwers and have an ace with one. I've decided that I like the stiffness enough to put them on the shelf and in time they will be seasoned as my next pair of putting putters. Marshall Street put up some small stamp Glows that they describe as firm at the same time and as I write this, there are still two left.

That's funny, I prefer my putting putters fresh so I putt with brand new Wizards then cycle them out every spring. The old putters become the new throwers.

This discussion made me think of something. I have regular stiff glo Wizards and also $$ glo Wizards. I was told the $$ glowed more or something. They don't seem to be the same thing either. I prefer the regular glow stiffie wizards. The $$ (are they calling them super glo?) are good but not the ones I seek out.

mental indeed

I like and use soft wizards for P&A. I don't like beaded discs as they give me a callus on the fingertip of my index finger. I have the same problems with rocs. I like the smaller diameter, feel, flex and flight of the soft wizards. I have tried warlocks (a great disc) but it seems a bit different and does not have the laser point and shoot of the wizard for me. I have a pink soft wizard (I call bubblicious) and it a great all around disc. I take a soft wizard and rub it on the driveway to rub off the bead, then sand it down smooth an they are perfect. I don't know what it is, probably mental thing.

Bag: 2x soft wizard rubbed down bead, champ diemax TL, Star archon was pulled from bayou (perfect feel)and purchased from used bin and champ tern

This discussion made me think of something. I have regular stiff glo Wizards and also $$ glo Wizards. I was told the $$ glowed more or something. They don't seem to be the same thing either. I prefer the regular glow stiffie wizards. The $$ (are they calling them super glo?) are good but not the ones I seek out.

Gateway uses the same glow additive in all their glow discs. Superglow is just what they call their glow plastic. Just like plastic, not all glow additives are equal. Some batches glow better than others. Overall, Gateway has the brightest glow plastic out of any manufacturer from what I've seen.

My Glow and Super Glow are very different, had just figured it was age difference. I have several very firm fairly hard GLOW from a batch a few years old. I have one of the newer Stamped Super Glow and I would have to look but I think penned GL instead of GLOW if that matters at all. Same disc that seems to be online as $$$ Glow or $$ Glow. Stamp and color look the same.
I wanted it as a replacement my original Glows have all been taco'd to some degree and as they age are not as gripping feeling as I would like yet they are very firm.

On that topic I found 3 mareked $ CH sitting with one Eraser ... All 4 looked almost identical. Not sure what the CH stands for but they feel to the touch like Eraser but are really stiff. I fell in love instantly.

It isn't even about the fact that they glow in the dark. In my experience, the glow wizards are just a tick more overstable than most other Wizards I've thrown. It's not a lot but it turns out to be just what I need off the tee especially. Nice and stiff but still grippy enough.

Last edited:
My Glow and Super Glow are very different, had just figured it was age difference. I have several very firm fairly hard GLOW from a batch a few years old. I have one of the newer Stamped Super Glow and I would have to look but I think penned GL instead of GLOW if that matters at all. Same disc that seems to be online as $$$ Glow or $$ Glow. Stamp and color look the same.
I wanted it as a replacement my original Glows have all been taco'd to some degree and as they age are not as gripping feeling as I would like yet they are very firm.

On that topic I found 3 mareked $ CH sitting with one Eraser ... All 4 looked almost identical. Not sure what the CH stands for but they feel to the touch like Eraser but are really stiff. I fell in love instantly.

CH = "Chalky"

...I wanted it as a replacement my original Glows have all been taco'd to some degree and as they age are not as gripping feeling as I would like yet they are very firm...

I hear a warm soapy bath can restore grip. It worked on my old OG SSS a few times before I moved to firmer blends.

The PW is the most OS of them all outside of premium.

That was not true with the couple of pure whites I have. Still great fliers but I still like the stiff regular glows the best as far as beefiness. I think a wizard is a wizard most of the time but there are some subtle differences between plastics. I'd buy more PWs if I thought they were as OS as I want because they feel wonderful in hand.

That was not true with the couple of pure whites I have. Still great fliers but I still like the stiff regular glows the best as far as beefiness. I think a wizard is a wizard most of the time but there are some subtle differences between plastics. I'd buy more PWs if I thought they were as OS as I want because they feel wonderful in hand.

Maybe you need a bigger sample size. I am able to get my PWs out to 260'-270 on the max side. Stable with a smidge of them the whole flight. I wouldn't argue the stability of super glow being about equivalent but at that point I think we'd be splitting hairs with all the possible variables. This insight was based solely on own experiences and may vary depending on a lot of things I'm sure.

The PW is the most OS of them all outside of premium.

Currently, I'd agree with you that the PW's have the most fade for a non-premium wizard. However, it varies from run to run. All of the different tactile feels have had varying degrees of stability over the years. A few years back there was a run of SS that were just about Rhyno overstable in flight.

How is the profile on the PW wizards? I had some fossil wizards that were low profile/shoulder. They were glideless and fairly straight. Not what I'm looking for in a putting putter or a thrower.

How is the profile on the PW wizards? I had some fossil wizards that were low profile/shoulder. They were glideless and fairly straight. Not what I'm looking for in a putting putter or a thrower.

The PW's also have that low profile, even slightly lower based on the 1 PW and 1 fossil I owned. AFAIK, the old fossil wizards are the same plastic as the PW's. I agree the PW is somewhat glideless, but I felt the PW was decently more OS than the fossil. But like someone said above, some runs are straighter than others.

IME (I currently have 5 PWs in the bag and a few more in the yard) PWs are high shouldered and board flat (some are kind of puddly and they all puddle when you beat them in) and very consistent in those characteristics. As for stability I would say they're stable to slightly OS. All of mine glide just fine, more of a driving glide than a S, SS, SSS but not as driverish as my Scale.

I ordered a couple of the firm Nikko signature discs that just released last week. The SS one that I got a few weeks ago is growing on me. It's got a noticeably thinner flight plate. Could become my main putter at some point. I'm hoping the firms are more of a drop-in replacement for my old Mediums.

Not as floaty on drives as some of my other Wizards, but fast with good stability. Sneaky long.

The new run of Proto blend Nikko sigs feel better in the firmer blend. Ordered a pair of Eraser blurple and SB purple, the SB were marked ER(I assume eraser) is that normal? Has the SSS Nikkos and felt the plastic made the thin flight plate feel too soft; while the ER version made the flight plate firm with some give, think this blend hit the money spot.