• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, give me a buzzz if you head out west, mash. I bet she'll be able to register, unless the PDGA is making things difficult.

I wish I was going to grey fox; I wonder when the next all-long setup is going to happen.

Ashleigh called the TD and he registered her (if Lindsey still wants to play she should call ahead, I'm not sure they're offering walk up registration on Saturday). We're heading down to Channahon in a few minutes, probably start our first round around 4:30 if anyone's interested.

^^This..........and it would help if they stop marking 300ft holes as par 5's (creates a false sense of accomplishment)

just sayin

I can see some exceptions to this but for the most part.....come on.

FSOA.jpg

-
-
-

And yeah, I was DEFINITELY joking about the Kams designing anything else. :|

And yeah, I was DEFINITELY joking about the Kams designing anything else. :|

Thank you for pointing that out b/c some people were taking that the wrong way. It is sometimes hard to interpret sarcasm in text; even harder when it's printed on paper.

-
-
-

Haha, no, I think I shot like a 2 down and a 3 down. I was playing totally spacey not really paying attention :)

My buddy was in from out of town and I decided to show him around at Grey Fox. I didn't know the pins were in all short. Here I was, talking up the course like it's something sweet, and we get there to find the pins in all shorts.

He played pretty well. Aced 15, hit the bin on 13, and hit the pin on 18. The ace on 15 was totally quiet. We got there and he's like "who put my disc in the basket?"

Ha, sounds like a good introduction to the course. Here's the toughest course in the area, I swear! :p

I was all over the baskets today, had 5 or 6 within inches of chains, and nailed the front of the cage on 4 at channahon.

We have a 3 day weekend, so we might go out of town somewhere to play some new courses.

I can see some exceptions to this but for the most part.....come on.

FSOA.jpg

-
-
-

I wonder what sort of statistical information was put together to come up with 250 ft par 4's on a fairly wide open course?

Its too bad the parks at this and other courses were not properly educated by the designers about how to establish proper par for proper skill levels.

I wish that was the biggest problem some of those courses had, I can get over silly pars a lot easier than safety issues.

Fine, be a party pooper. I see big gaps in your map out west. If I were you I'd go on an Iowa tour. Lots of fantastic courses there. Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, Omaha...

Hummel park holla holla holla.

Status
Not open for further replies.