• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^This..........and it would help if they stop marking 300ft holes as par 5's (creates a false sense of accomplishment)

just sayin

The Midwest Disc Golf has a reputation of designing courses that are geared towards the newer, less accurate player. Which is fine to a degree. However, when you design a course like that and have holes literally on top of holes (crossing/sharing fairways) it gets extremely dangerous. Midwest Disc Golf should know better than that and try to keep safety in mind as well. Nothing is worse than having to look over your shoulder while you are playing.

The course they installed in Mundelein about 2 years ago is absolutely terrible. It is geared to the newer player since it's all 220-270ft holes most marked par 3 and par 4. Yes, there are par 4 holes under 300ft. The problem with the course is that the rough is absolutely unforgiving. If you're not in the fairway you're taking a bogey at best, if you even find your disc. Not to mention some of the lines don't make any sense (meaning that discs simply don't fly that way). Unless you feel like throwing a 150ft "placement shot" followed by a 120ft second drive. It's just a stupid, stupid design. Too easy for anyone that knows how to play (while being frustrating with some of the lines), and way too unforgiving for beginning players with the nasty rough.

The baskets at Highland Park are the old baskets from West Park that were re-galvanized. West Park got new baskets when Highland Park went in.

Man, y'all are spoiled. I played at Lohmann park for 4 years. No teepads, godawful baskets, par 3 design. And I was thrilled every chance I had to play.

Now it's, the teepads are too short, the baskets are too old, the tee signs are slightly off, the fairways are too close together, the course is too open, the course is too technical, there's not enough hills, it gets muddy, the navigation is too hard, there's too many bugs, there's too much walking between holes, there's too many thorns, there's too much poison ivy, the course smells, it's too short, it's too long, and so on and so on.

Sure, they aren't the best. But it's better than nothing. I am happy for every opportunity to throw some plastic around.

+1 rep me you greedy bastards.

Of course, I'm not that good, so that probably helps. ;)

Well... More like, yes, I finally deuced that 350' hole!!!! Yippee!!!

Anyway... I am thinking of playing Streamwood later on, anyone interested in some Shady Oaks action?

Ashleigh might be playing the women's global event on Saturday if she can still register today. If she does that, she wants to go down to channahon for a couple practice rounds. If not we might come join you instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.