• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Katana

Leopard said:
I like how they mixed Back to the Future rules with Fringe rules. Interested to see how those reconcile.

Smoke Monster Locke vs Dead Jacob is awesome .. good call on man-in-black=smoke=Locke, but was hinted pretty hard

Hulu still owes me the last 20m of ep2. Has that jungle yakuza gang been seen before? wtf lol
:? man i can't believe you guys actually like this show :wink:

I picked up a Masters Champion Katanas at Hazy Shade yesterday and it is SICK. Grippy as hell! The plastic practically sticks to your fingers.

Did some more testing with the Pro Katana yesterday, and I'm definitely getting more distance, but I'm finding I have to throw the disc with more height, and if I try to turn the disc over and not let it turn on its own the disc will worm burn. I really have to pop it up on a hyzer and watch it flip up to get big D. I've been using the E Apache for my distance driver, and I'm probably going to keep it in the bag because while I can get decent D with it, it's def. alot more accurate than the Katana, and when I'm on a big open hole then I can bust out the Katana.

Both US Masters and Presidents Cup Katanas arriving to Finland on the 15th, I wanted to be strong but who am I kidding, I'm going to get one of both. I hope they'll have pink Euro ones of the Presidents Cup. =)

I got my masters katanas from SK today and I'm a little annoyed. I ordered one dark and one light specifically requesting 172-173 but ended up getting a dark green 170g and a blue 170g. Not sure which one of these colors is considered "light" and neither are the weight i requested... and i was one of the first to order them (there were 5 of every option when i made my order). Whatever.

mzuleger said:
I got my masters katanas from SK today and I'm a little annoyed. I ordered one dark and one light specifically requesting 172-173 but ended up getting a dark green 170g and a blue 170g. Not sure which one of these colors is considered "light" and neither are the weight i requested... and i was one of the first to order them (there were 5 of every option when i made my order). Whatever.
i'll take em off your hands if they are that bad :wink:

i got 2 us masters tana blems and 1 us master tana reg run. all are flat,grippy as hell and not the colors i wanted lol. o well. they got the weights right atleast :mrgreen:

So, I'm hearing that Star Monarchs may never make it to mass production due to the success of the Katana, does anyone know if that's true? And if so, can anyone give me a comparison of Pro Katanas to heavy Star Monarchs?

booter said:
i got 2 us masters tana blems and 1 us master tana reg run. all are flat,grippy as hell and not the colors i wanted lol. o well. they got the weights right atleast :mrgreen:

Dead flat between the wings, or just champtana flat like the Japan ones?
I know how my Japan ones fly...

emiller3 said:
So, I'm hearing that Star Monarchs may never make it to mass production due to the success of the Katana, does anyone know if that's true? And if so, can anyone give me a comparison of Pro Katanas to heavy Star Monarchs?

It's hard to compare the two since they are pretty different speeds. I would say the star monarchs I have can be more stable than the Katana. When I get the katana up to speed it definitely loses more lss than my star monarchs do when I get them up to speed. I hope that makes sense.

Got 3 pros, 1 champ xout, and 1 star echo. They effing put the echo on top, and the dome got pushed down a bit..

Might throw them tomorrow but it will be 30s. :?

rusch_bag said:
Blink said:
Got 3 pros, 1 champ xout, and 1 star echo. They effing put the echo on top, and the dome got pushed down a bit..

Might throw them tomorrow but it will be 30s. :?

I wish I could complain about 30s :(.
me 2. tomorrow will be a nice 9 degrees with wind chill..... I am still thinking about getting one of these. hmmmmm

I originally bought a Japan Open Pro Katana as well as a Japan Open Champion Katana. My experience has been that the original Japan Open Pro plastic had what seemed like a significant amount of dx plastic in the blend. My Pro Katana is a hyzer flip machine. The Champion is significantly more stable but it does seem to lack some of the glide of the pro.

I recently joined a local player with a bit of a cannon for a round at The Web in Charlotte and was amused to find he had a difficult time throwing the Star Katana (max weight) without turning and burning it. He did have one throw though on a wide open hole (hole two) where he threw the Katana on a hyzer line and it flipped and never came back. It landed probably seventy feet left/forward of the green electric box thing. According to Google Earth it was about 550". Yeah...so I think I need to get a Star Katana :roll:

Also, I just got a production run Pro Katana and it flies way better than either of the Japan Open runs with more glide and the plastic is much, much, much nicer. Very grippy in a bright day-glo green plastic. Gotta love living next to Innova East with homies to hook a brother up. 8)

I got a 167 Pro Katana and a 167 Star Katana. You guys that know me know I throw a 166 SOLF about 325' max. I threw the Star K flat and it went straight for about 2/3 of it's flight and then faded left. I was a bit surprised because I thought it would be less stable. I then threw the Pro K flat and it flipped over and held that line and crashed about 250' out. I was surprised at how different the two discs were. For me, the Pro K was just too touchy. If I did get the hyzer angle and height right, it would really go though. The Star K was much more controllable and should be a great disc for me once it gets seasoned.

Latest posts