• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Katana

Sure beats a farting lemon. I'm really having trouble holding myself back, I've already got an R-Pro, a Pro, a Champ and a Star Katana, and echo is really damn tempting...

Aubin said:
What would you guys say the power requirement is on these things? The understability makes me think it might not hold true to the usual high power requirement for a speed 13 disc.

Aubin, I crank on these things with huge hyzer and they come out turn a bit and glide forever. If you got a lighter weight you could get this disc up to speed.

Nab a regular production run Pro and see how it works for you. All mine are 175g...I do have one that's 172g and 173g as well.

Now in Eco Star

Pres-Cup-ST-KA.jpg

http://www.herodiscusa.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=presidents+cup

For those who have thrown Katanas in all available plastic, which plastic and weight seems to be the best right now? Reason I ask is, I ordered a yellow 170 pro that should be here no later than Monday and I'm hoping I get my moneys worth. Should I expect domey or flat, or does it vary with weight/color? Having a rim similar to a boss, is it really understable like they say? Because I still have a hard time flipping my white 168 star boss for more than a nano second.

DiscDemon25 said:
For those who have thrown Katanas in all available plastic, which plastic and weight seems to be the best right now? Reason I ask is, I ordered a yellow 170 pro that should be here no later than Monday and I'm hoping I get my moneys worth. Should I expect domey or flat, or does it vary with weight/color? Having a rim similar to a boss, is it really understable like they say? Because I still have a hard time flipping my white 168 star boss for more than a nano second.
it will be domey, for my money the Stars have the best flight, champ lacks the glide of the others and pro gets flippy too fast for my taste.....the Stars are the best of both worlds

Your 168g Boss is most likely Starlite plastic, which produces the most stable of all Boss's. I got my Protana and a Startana in yesterday. The Pro was domey with a significantly lower PLH than the flatter star, they both turn pretty easily on command. I need to get more than two throws with them though to really figure them out. Mine are both around 170g

To answer your question, the Protana should be domey, and I feel 170g is a good weight. It should be much, much more understable than your Boss.

every pro that I've seen in person (20+) have all been domey. The pros are good but the break in period will make them flippy as shit depending what kinda courses you play. Domey champs are my favorite. Nice glide and durable plastic

fyi.the new echo tanas are domey like pros according to mark @ dgv. Those sound very promising

Jesse B 707 said:
DiscDemon25 said:
it will be domey, for my money the Stars have the best flight, champ lacks the glide of the others and pro gets flippy too fast for my taste.....the Stars are the best of both worlds

Oh God, time to spend more money for a star, my gut instinct told me to get a star but noooooooo spending only 10 bucks for pro got the better of me. Having it get flippy too fast in pro won't be too bad though, I'm just learning how to roll so maybe this one can go to the roller practice stack. Do Kats make good rollers?

DiscDemon25 said:

It's my opinion that the Pro's for me are perfect, if you're playing courses with wide open bomber holes, then I would go with the Pro, I can bomb them 400+ that with a good amount of hyzer I'm RHBH thrower, I've thrown the Champs (Flat Ones) and the are more stable then the Pro's.

However I did just get some domey Black Champ I'm hoping that if flies like the Pro that I have, however I have a few back up Pro's just in case, I don't throw it on a courses that are really wooded. I got some EcoStar ones but those aren't getting thrown. The Star that I have is flat so it's probably just as stable as the Champ ones.

Tim

I haven't had a chance to throw a startana yet. But my favorite of my four Katanas is my 163g Gummy "Test Material" Champion from DGV. I seem to get a more consistent flight out of it than my 175g Champ, my 169 Pro, or my 159 R-Pro. And it just feels great in my hand.

Latest posts