• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Katana

Pat said:
Ive been throwin a 170 champ katana. Also for the past 1.5 years, ive been throwing a first run star destroyer. It is now thoroughlly beat and flies just perfect. I would say the katana has a tick less LSS, but otherwise they are very similar. I will keep the destroyer because the wider rim of the katana doesnt feel great. If I ever lose the destroyer, I think the katana could take its place.

This is a good comparison, and I was thinking the same thing. And yes, for me the Katana is just not very good in comparison to a well-seasoned Destroyer. Ever since I read Avery Jenkins' descriptions of the Pro Destroyer and why he likes them so much, and I had a chance to go through a beat-in cycle with one of them, it has been my go-to high speed turn-over driver.

If you want something fast that will turn more at high speeds, then just get a Pro Destroyer and beat it up a little. Better yet, get a couple and put them on a rotation, it'll cost the same as buying one of these Star Katanas, and much much less than the Champ Katanas.

and star stamped pros!
http://www.sunkingdiscs.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2438

that star stamped pro looks sexy. i really didnt care for the pros though. the champs are what i love! 9 bucks is def not bad for a protana though.

any word on the production startanas or champtanas release date yet? i know the japan open isnt til the summer but the pros are already coming out so.

I like the protana for back hand turnovers.. Im weak backhand.. hyzer them up and they have a late turn.. FH=rollers.. Champ are very nice for FH bombs

threw a star katana for the first time yesterday. first throw felt bad, but still flew nice, and out distanced my teebird by approximately 60'.
the second time i threw it i emptied my bag beforehand and saved it for last. got a good throw and put at least 100' on my best drive of the bunch (champ beast +/- 400' flat field, mild crosswind). i'm sure i'll keep getting more used to it, as it wears in, but i'm not sure there are enough holes around here to need it in the bag. plus they send a damn certificate of authenticity with it, which really makes you want to throw it more...

katana gets 9/10, if i have the stones to keep throwing it and beat it in, it would probably be my favorite big d driver.

I'm playing Renny Gold tomorrow and it will be the first course I really get to flex out the Champ Katana, I'm excited to see what I can do on some of the more open holes.

nice, never played it, but hear it's ridiculous.

went out and played middlecreek today, 8 birds, fuck hole 10, -6 on the day.

Frank Delicious said:
I'm playing Renny Gold tomorrow and it will be the first course I really get to flex out the Champ Katana, I'm excited to see what I can do on some of the more open holes.

Let me know how you do! I'm heading down today after work to practice for the Elong tournament on saturday. I've played Renny a bunch and love hearing the stories of that course. Last time I played my partner (rockytigr on these forums) and I beat Wiggins and David weaver out ther in dubs.

Jesse B 707 said:
i did the same a while back and came to the same conclusion.....except im only rocking the Protanas

How do you keep the friggin thing from flipping all the way over into a roller?

hey so I threw the katana quite a few times today at Renny and I have mixed feelings after my round. This is my first real round at a challenging longer course. It is so fast and goes so far on a few throws I threw it nose up or poorly and I still got as far as my friends good throw. I threw it #2 on the gold course on a big hyzer and it was probably my best shot with it all day. It does the extended, flattened hyzer very well. I need to play with it more on good courses to figure out if it's worth throwing over the wraith because until today I've only thrown it on big S distance lines.

Frank Delicious said:
hey so I threw the katana quite a few times today at Renny and I have mixed feelings after my round. This is my first real round at a challenging longer course. It is so fast and goes so far on a few throws I threw it nose up or poorly and I still got as far as my friends good throw. I threw it #2 on the gold course on a big hyzer and it was probably my best shot with it all day. It does the extended, flattened hyzer very well. I need to play with it more on good courses to figure out if it's worth throwing over the wraith because until today I've only thrown it on big S distance lines.

my first throw was also an extended S, the nice throw i referred to was straight, fast, and tapered right (LHBH) at the end for good d.

black udder said:
lefty-hyzer said:
fuck hole 10

I can recognize a competitor when I see one :)

were you out there and saw that bs, or have just been subjected to it as well?

looky looky...no more getting gouged in the eye for a Katana!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stock-Stamp-Pro-material-Katana-Golf-Disc-at-175g_W0QQitemZ250566036188QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a56e64adc

discgolfvalues has some sweet black champ katanas for sale right now... 29.99 but the look sexy

https://www.discgolfvalues.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=377

they also have some XG bosses?????

lefty-hyzer said:
Frank Delicious said:

my first throw was also an extended S, the nice throw i referred to was straight, fast, and tapered right (LHBH) at the end for good d.

black udder said:
lefty-hyzer said:
fuck hole 10

I can recognize a competitor when I see one :)

were you out there and saw that bs, or have just been subjected to it as well?

Just recognize the sentiment :)

Hazy Shade is getting in some Innova FR Star stamped Pro Katanas in tomorrow for 15 bucks each.

Haven't heard of them being in stock any place else so they might be limited.

Only 25 are gonna be in the shop, LMK if you want one and we can work something out.

Latest posts