• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few pros left their sponsers for an "unknown" new company. Turns out the company is known and is Prodigy Disc Golf. The pros made announcemnts that they are leaving but didn't reveal the company and said they would announce everything on the 1st of January. Some people are cool with it, some aren't. There were a couple drifts, can't remember what they were about and now we're here.

And PM and MJ are staying where they are.

Succinct and correct! Good cliff notes!

Rule one on the rumor forum: don't take things too seriously.
Rule two on the rumor forum: don't take things too seriously.

We are all entitled to our opinions. We are all in love with the sport of disc golf. We all, for the most part are excited about the growth of Disc Golf. We all have different ideas on the best way to grow the sport and run a business in the sport. I am excited to see what will happen but odds are I will not throw a Prodigy disc until after Am worlds at the earliest.

I would assume this is just announcing that he's leaving Discraft, but still...

Attachments

• emac.png
    emac.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 193
I've been reading this entire thread, and I just had to post to say you seem to be taking things said by Apparition WAY too seriously. There have been some people who have been borderline attacking this new company, Apparition is not one of them, and by singling him out and continuing to bring him back in an quote things he's said the way you're doing, I don't think you're coming across in a manner you really intend to.

His first response to you that seemed to set you off was clearly marked several times as a joke, and the "yawn" post from the other day was just joking about how we've all been digging through and tracking everything that's been done so that if all that is announced on Jan 1 is "hey look at this new team we have" its going to be anti-climactic because we've been over examining everything that has gone on and every letter of every comment any of the pro's have made and speculation is running wild of what all is going on.

Thanks for the comment. Wasn't trying to anger you. It has been dragging out way too long, I agree, but I don't think it was suppose to. Along the crazy train the pros made stops to say their respective goodbyes to their companies which caused a frenzy (a little too soon). Take it easy, I'm playing the same game you are.:D

That post that I said I'd yawn says "We:" and I meant all of DGCR. I don't really know what we're talking about anymore. Are we arguing or agreeing? Gosh, January 1 can't come soon enough... :)?

We're agreeing/confusing each other! January 1 can't come soon enough, this I agree with! :)

Degradation of disc golf? No respect for the game or its players? LOL. Who's game aren't we respecting? The pros? Or yours? I love disc golf and love playing it. I'm sure the majority of people on here would agree.
Maybe some are just a little tired of waiting for the groundbreaking, game-changing big news. I can assure you that I will still love the game and keep playing long after this announcement is old news.

Thanks for the input. I DO know that it's been dragging on for quite some time, and that leaves people tired. However, there's been things leaked that wasn't suppose to be leaked and the suspense has been dwindled. No need to attack, friend. My original post wasn't meant for people who are tired of the wait, it was intended for people intentionally hating on a company they know nothing about. Same team, didn't mean to offend. My apologies! :)

Tick tock
Tick tock....

wall_clock.jpg

My apologies to all that I've offended. A good round of disc golf cleared my head. My original reply in this thread wasn't meant to attack, merely state that we can't intentionally attack a new disc golf company before we even know what the product is. That being said, I'm with Apparition in saying that Jan. 1 can't get here soon enough! Much love for the DGCR community! David - FTD :cool:

Every time you use the Acronym FTD. All I think of is the flower delivery company. You know. FTD.com. the first item that comes up when u type FTD into Google.

Every time you use the Acronym FTD. All I think of is the flower delivery company. You know. FTD.com. the first item that comes up when u type FTD into Google.

I feel ashamed....because I think of something else that rhymes with suck.

Flowers are more family friendly

My apologies to all that I've offended. A good round of disc golf cleared my head. My original reply in this thread wasn't meant to attack, merely state that we can't intentionally attack a new disc golf company before we even know what the product is. That being said, I'm with Apparition in saying that Jan. 1 can't get here soon enough! Much love for the DGCR community! David - FTD :cool:

Unfortunately any sort of tone is impossible to read on the internet. There also seem to be so many people who are only here to pick fights and throw around their "knowledge" as if it is fact. I take everything written by anyone with a grain of salt just as I suspect others read my reviews, or posts and say "I don't agree with this guy". I do not do it to anger or offend only share my viewpoint. Some people just dont get that people can have different opinions and viewpoints and still be friends or remain civil. Unfortunately that is where a lot of the negativity comes from on this site or any online forum.

You have a clear message in your company and that is all that matters, just realize when you open the can of worms that is DGCR or DGR or any online disc golf forum . . . you will be welcomed by as many negative doubters as you will supporters. It is important to just look past it all and stay focussed. I love the saying "You do you . . . I'll do me".

My course reviews are wordy and long (believe it or not some people dont want to read all of that content, but for me to call it a thorough review . .. I think it should be there). If someone is too lazy to read for a couple minutes and give me a thumbs down . . . so be it, it is a place for me to voice my opinion and if I feel the need to go into extreme depth . . . I will do that.

Keep on Furthering the Disc and that is all you can do.

I just had to post to say you seem to be taking things said by Apparition WAY too seriously. and by singling him out and continuing to bring him back in an quote things he's said the way you're doing, I don't think you're coming across in a manner you really intend to.

Gotta agree FTD. Definitely coming off as a dick. Make sure to re-read your posts before you post....and also when using spell check don't just assume the first word is the right one (its hearsay not heresy...sound it out).

Now lets hold hands and pray. :)
(That was a joke)

Allllll heelllllssss noooo son! It just got reals in here. We's about to throw down. This is so offensive! Rabble rabble rabble.
@FTD
Please don't take this the wrong way. It was intended for a laugh.

It could be an announcement that he's going with Dynamic Discs, as well.

This is what I think he will do. I hope he does actually.
And I am also starting to think that Team DD could be like a Lat64 USA team and be allowed to throw Lat64 plastic as well...at least until DD puts out a complete lineup. But this is just my completely unfounded on anything thought.

Me too. I was a bit baffled when I heard about FTD...I was like "the flower delivery company is into disc golf now?"

From Nikko's facebook page:
Join a collective group that will Help take Disc Golf to the Next Level email [email protected] ~~Disc Golf Expansion Team gaining momentum with the help from Arroyo Disc Sports, hundreds of awesome people plus a new mystery company who will go public on January 1st. As a team I hope to make a difference and help play my role with progressive NEW ideas. I believe that we can get at least 200 baskets and discs to schools around the country starting their intro to Disc Golf. Working with others who want to make a difference it's only a matter of time before we see results we are looking for. More info coming soon.....

EMac announcing tomorrow seems to mean he is either with DD or Discraft. I am really curious to see how things play out with the new company. I hope they are doing something that really is better for their pros and can sustain it. I hope they change the way all companies do business. I also hope they focus more efforts on growing the sport in practical ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.