• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

Guys the problem with triology is their still working out the bugs with air stuff.
Still Innova hasn't given up that trade secret. Don't know about Discraft.
I've ordered numerous air stuff from the triology brands, worlds, enforcers, giants,etc. And all them have well been big disappoints. My giant air is amazing though.
But really something about the blizzard from innova is just leaps and bounds better. Wish the trilogy guys would get this right!

This. I saw some Air discs in stores, don't remember which mold(s), but they did not feel good in my hand at all. :( So I didn't bother buying any.

Well I picked up an air river. Haven't thrown it yet. Will report back next week.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Early reports on the air river. Its understable. I can get it to flip up and go right from 20+ degrees of hyzer. Skill flips controllably and slow like rivers typically do.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Update: my Moonshine River is working into a nice turnover disc when some power is applied to it, and doing slow more slowly than my Gold Line Rivers did. We'll see if it settles in to a "sweet spot" or continues to season in...

My Frost River seems a touch more overstable than my friend's Rivers in other plastics. The disc just goes straight with a touch of fade and a stupid amount of glide.

My Frost River seems a touch more overstable than my friend's Rivers in other plastics. The disc just goes straight with a touch of fade and a stupid amount of glide.

Yup, pretty significant difference where you can carry an opto for dead straight and frost for a mild fade. I carry both.

I still maintain that a fresh opto River, with a decent plh and a weight in the 170s, is a stable disc.

Got my first River (GL 167g) in the mail and tried it on the course today. First one-step throw went a good 300ft on a frozen rope. That's pretty damn good for my noodle arm. It really does just glide for days without a lot of effort

Got my first River (GL 167g) in the mail and tried it on the course today. First one-step throw went a good 300ft on a frozen rope. That's pretty damn good for my noodle arm. It really does just glide for days without a lot of effort

It's a great disc. My beat in Frost is thrown more than any other disc in my bag, starting to get competition from a really beat in Saint Pro but that's just because I'm greedy for birdies. ;)

After a while you'll have to add hyzer angle and control speed as it gets more US but it's worth the time. Crazy controllable disc.
Then you buy a new River and an River Pro, I think I would score as fine with these as my only 3 drivers with my 330' arm...

I remember my first ace ever was with a gl river.

This thread is making me want another river.

It's funny, over the 4 plus years that I have been playing disc golf, I have bought over 50 discs, many of which I tried and just put on the shelf because I wasn't impressed. One of these discs was a 168G Goldline River. Recently, after using primarily Teebirds and Jades as fairway drivers, I decided to put the River back in my bag and give it a go. Oh man, am I ever glad that I did. I'm consistently getting another 30-50 feet on my drives, and the River is just straight as an arrow, very little fade, and the Goldline plastic is as tough as nails. I now understand why the River is as popular as it is.

I believe that many of Latitude 64 and Dynamic Disc are made by the same manufacturer. Can anyone tell which disc in the Dynamic Disc lineup would most closely compare to the Latituce 64 River?

I believe that many of Latitude 64 and Dynamic Disc are made by the same manufacturer. Can anyone tell which disc in the Dynamic Disc lineup would most closely compare to the Latituce 64 River?

Not sure there is one. Maybe the Witness?

I found the Frost/Elasto (or whatever they call that gummy plastic) Underworld was really similar, I realize that's Westside though. I have only tried that at high altitude though, but it flew like a very glidey River (discs also fly more stable at altitude). I specify that plastic because discs are typically more stable in it. If you throw fairways over 325' or so then I'd start to get more concerned about it maybe not being stable enough. But at altitude I smashed on it and it really went far. FWIW I throw these sort of discs 350-375.

For DD, I have only tried the Thief in the Bio plastic, but it was also in the ballpark. Maybe more lateral movement but pretty similar glide, etc. Very long for the speed.

Biofuzion Thief. Noticeably more understable than a Lucid, so great for hyzer flips when new and turnover shots when seasoned some. It is a little faster than a River though, whatever that means to you.