• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lawd have MERCY ...

I have been putting with them for about 2 weeks alongside my DX Aviar P&A. The profiles are similar, but the Mercy is a little flatter and has more thickness to the rim. The Eze plastic has much more tackiness to it than the Aviar, almost a chalky feel to it. It has a little less stability to it than the Aviar, but has more glide. Its almost like playing air hockey the way the disc just glides on a line. There is a solid firm feel to the Mercy, and it is also a little springy off the basket on mis-hits.

I played my first round today with 2 Mercy's in the bag, no Aviar. It feels like an old worn in shoe, really nice, not gonna miss my Aviars at all. I hit a couple longer putts than normal, mainly because it holds a longer smoother line before fading than the Aviar. I am also smoother with the thicker rim on the Mercy, no thin rimmed wobble because I can't feather it, those days are gone.

Jump in, the water is fine.

How does this handle a drive? How is it as an upshot disc? Does it roll down hills like magics do or is it not as roll prone

I haven't put them on any golf lines yet, but they pull well in practice, nice smooth release wobble free. I will know more after this weekend about driving with them.

Upshots where very nice. They hold a nice glidey low line to stay under low canopies. They also held a straighter line under lower power than the Aviar because of that little bit less of LSS. I am starting to feel like I can make a real run at the chains from 150 and in because of the line it holds. If I hit straight grass when the shot is landing the disc just slams on tha brakes.

I had roll aways early on, but that has either beat out of it quickly or I'm hitting better lines with them now. The rim is thicker than my Aviars and the material is kind of springy. If they do find and edge though, they like to roll. The rubbery wetsuit kinda feel went away quick and they are kinda chalky now, so they may be grabbing better.

They ding and cut fairly easy, but so did my DX Aviars until the rim gets pounded enough times to toughen up the leading edges of the rim. This may be true with the Mercy's as well, time will tell.

They are really a nice disc, I love the feel, the flight, and I am confident standing over a shot with this disc.

Bump as I would like to hear more on these discs. I actually saw a couple in the store and almost bought one to try it.

Mercy replaced my pure for short and medium length putts. I like the pure better on long putts/short approaches and driving.

I kept the Aviar in the bag for a couple of weeks, but I'm just not using it anymore. Thought I'd be using it on drives, but the Mercy has taken that spot completely. It really is a functional disc, I am even rolling them, they definately do that much better than the Av ever hoped to do.

The mercy is pretty amazing so far. Use it as my go to driving putter, able to push it out to 300-330ft with ease. I like that it's fade is very subtle, allows it to stay on lines for much longer.

This may have already been asked, but how does it compare to say, a Magnet?

From my experience, and I putted with soft Magents for quite awhile. The flight is similar, but the feel and release are a different animal all together. It has a similar feel to the Aviar P&A in hand, but a little less stable when putting.

I received two Mercy putters today. Backyard putting practice was VERY pleasing. I'm glad I piggy backed the purchase of these discs with my new Saints.

They hold a line for a long time. Best description from my limited experience is "a slow Pure". Certainly not a bad thing considering the Pure is my main putter at the moment. With a little more practice, the Mercy may take over "in the circle" and "cautious approach" duties. Long putts do hold their line longer than the Pure... I'm intrigued.

They were bought out of curiosity, they have good potential to make the bag.

I received my Mercy putter today not sure about it making the bag mine is very slick ,I only threw it a few times maybe it will change

From my experience, and I putted with soft Magents for quite awhile. The flight is similar, but the feel and release are a different animal all together. It has a similar feel to the Aviar P&A in hand, but a little less stable when putting.

I agree

id freak out for an eze pain!!!! I took some windex to mine today after putting in the yard and that seemed to make em even more grippy!!

I received my Mercy putter today not sure about it making the bag mine is very slick ,I only threw it a few times maybe it will change

I thought the same thing, but went outside & played with it & the slickness seemed to go away with the heat. Very good grip outside. Brought it back in & felt it after a couple hours in the A/C & it was slick feeling again.

Latest posts