• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Looking for a TeeBird that isn't a TeeBird

MonkeyShine

Par Member
What fairway drivers are out there, overstable like a Gazelle or a TeeBird, that will break in to a nice flip-up glidey driver for 350ish straight drives.

I love my DX circle-stamp Gazelle, but its the oop mold that I want and I don't want to pay $25 for DX.

It needs to be speed 6, 7 or 8.

I'd like something that is a faster Buzzz, or a slower PD, something that doesn't turn easily until you've broken it in good.

Something that is available in a variety of plastics. I like the Stag, but VIP and Tourney plastic are so similar, and I'd like a baseline version.

Any reviews or comments on the following would be appreciated:

Discraft XL
Discraft Stalker
Discraft Tracker
Dynamic Discs Thief (I know, its only made in one plastic so far)
Lat 64 Vision
Lat 64 River (really interested in this one, wish they'd come out with baseline plastic drivers)

Any other suggestions are welcome, like I said, I'm looking for a TeeBird, a legit fairway driver, but I don't want to get into TeeBirds, cause eventually I'm going to want to buy a $40 11x or something ridiculous, and I know there are too many modern options out there for me to get hooked on an OOP disc.

Thanks!

Haha, thanks, I actually throw this, I think of the F3 as a speed 9, though. In fact, its really close to the FL, which used to be my go-to sidearm disc. Thanks for the input!

i dont think a river is what you want. mine was already flippy without being beat in, despite being a meathook for a river i've been told.
I'm sure with the teebird and teebird3 in so many different plastics and amount of domes, you could find that teebird you want.
gstar is usually flippier.

Faster Buzzz is a Stalker. Really a great disc, if I didn't throw Teebirds I'd throw Stalkers probably.

Then don't buy 11x or older Teebirds and throw production ones.

Gstar/Star for less overstable, the newer run champs are the overstable jolly launcher ones. Older plastic =/= Better.

I agree with Streets. If you want an inexpensive TeeBird. Look in the Marketplace for the newer runs. A TeeBird flies EXACTLY like a TeeBird.

Any other suggestions are welcome, like I said, I'm looking for a TeeBird, a legit fairway driver, but I don't want to get into TeeBirds, cause eventually I'm going to want to buy a $40 11x or something ridiculous, and I know there are too many modern options out there for me to get hooked on an OOP disc.

The Teebird is not OOP. I throw Champion Teebirds. If I lose one, or need to replace one, I just go to the store and grab a new one off the shelf.

"Any reviews or comments on the following would be appreciated:

Discraft XL
Discraft Stalker
Discraft Tracker
Dynamic Discs Thief (I know, its only made in one plastic so far)
Lat 64 Vision
Lat 64 River (really interested in this one, wish they'd come out with baseline plastic drivers)"

They did, it was called Test Material. The few I had broke in faster than DX

Latest posts