• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Courses Played Per State?

Illinois 178 out of 198 listed
Know a couple of other guys ,White Chocolate has 131, #19325 has 181 :hfive:
I'm sure we have some more that are not listed .

Brett (#19325 on DGCR) actually played every course in the state when he hit his 181. He had a goal to play every course in the state and he achieved it. New courses have been installed since he achieved his goal and as far as I know he is content with his previous accomplishment and won't go out of his way to play the new courses now unless they're worth the visit.

Brett (#19325 on DGCR) actually played every course in the state when he hit his 181. He had a goal to play every course in the state and he achieved it. New courses have been installed since he achieved his goal and as far as I know he is content with his previous accomplishment and won't go out of his way to play the new courses now unless they're worth the visit.

I had somewhat challenged #19325 about five years ago or more now, back when the course count was closer to 130 in Illinois, if I remember correctly. Illinois was just too far; with working, and life, getting in the way, for me to keep up with him. Congrats to Brett.

It's tough trying to keep up with courses installed when someone is putting up a new high school course or something; every other week; in some far flung corner of the state....

I had somewhat challenged #19325 about five years ago or more now, back when the course count was closer to 130 in Illinois, if I remember correctly. Illinois was just too far; with working, and life, getting in the way, for me to keep up with him. Congrats to Brett.

It's tough trying to keep up with courses installed when someone is putting up a new high school course or something; every other week; in some far flung corner of the state....

Agreed, It seems as though every new course built in Washington is five and 1/2 hours away from me on the other side of the state.

Nice Roman Thanks

I have played 66/95 in SC which includes both Hampton Park layouts in Charleston. Not sure how that ranks. I would think one of the Sauls or some of the Innova guys may have more than that though.

Im going to put 7/23 in nj, im sure a few of you have played all of them

my aim is to "finish" michigan in the next two seasons but it's a bitch with having an upper peninsula...

I can defiantly confirm lion's through owning of CA (244 of 247 or 98.8%), as well as AZ (53 of 52 or 101.9%) and NV (19 of 19, 100%). He even has a good amount in OR, almost 50%. Though I think that I have more unlisted courses played than him...

What's your total? Start by beating me. I have 7. That should be super easy.

Belgium - 1
France - 1
Germany - 29
Netherlands - 3
Switzerland - 5

Total - 39

Damn, AJ has 51 played in Europe. Rats.

Last edited:
West Virginia

My guess would have to be Knettles for WV. Sorry if you were going to post this yourself, buddy. :D

There are currently 33 courses listed in WV and he's played 35, including 2 extinct courses.

Hey, now. I've played a course in Rhode Island. Of course it's extinct. But I want part of that troph, unless of course someone else played North Smithfield DGC before it went extinct and Ninigret.

Yup I believe lead the race in:

California
Nevada
Arizona

I once looked up Utah and found someone who had that state completely played. As for California I had it complete at one time but there are a few new ones. I have around 286 courses played in California on my list.

I have half of Oregon done and will add another 20 hopefully next year and make my way into Washington more.

I believe I have the most courses played on the west coast!!!!

Yup I believe lead the race in:

California
Nevada
Arizona

I once looked up Utah and found someone who had that state completely played. As for California I had it complete at one time but there are a few new ones. I have around 286 courses played in California on my list.

I have half of Oregon done and will add another 20 hopefully next year and make my way into Washington more.

I believe I have the most courses played on the west coast!!!!

Lion-Very impressive California total. Arizona and Nevada too. But why don't you start working your way east. Leave Oregon and Washington to this old man. HaHa, probably wouldn't matter. You just seem like another of those course seeking machines, like Harr, Tall Paul and Mashnut. Just chewing them up and spitting them out.

Keep racking them up. Look me up when you get up to Washington.

I did a little checking, and I can't find any Oregon locals with more than 65 played in Oregon.. so your 68/95 might be the winner. :)

Hooray, I'll be glad to temporarily take the lead in the Oregon Course race. I've made more than a few trips down there and they have a lot of fine courses to play.

I don't know who these guys are, but I found Discbear with 90 courses played in Oregon, and nevermore321 with 79 courses played in Oregon.

They both have Corvallis listed as their hometown. This kind makes sense as Corvallis has a pretty big disc golf scene but only really has 2 high level tournament courses nearby, neither actually in town. So they're probably used to having to travel to play.

Being a Portlander myself, I have noticed that not very many of our golfers that are active in the local clubs are on DGCR. Most of them spend their time on the local clubs' facebook groups, nwdiscgolfnews.com, or discgolfscene.com.

Personally I'm a little disappointed in myself that out of staters like Lion and The Valkyrie Kid have played more courses in my home state than I have (congrats.) So far I've been an opportunist course bagger, but I think it's time to make a few travels specifically for course bagging.

I'm currently living in London, 45 minutes by train from the only course in town. When I move back to Portland in January I have the following goals. They're lofty, but my girlfriend doesn't move back until October, so I have some time:
  • Get over 100 courses played
  • Bag the last few Oregon courses within an hour of Portland
  • Play all Oregon courses North of Eugene (this course might be a thorn in my side)
  • Get my state explorer medal with a trip to California and Nevada or Idaho
  • Get one step closer to my country explorer silver medal with a trip to Vancouver B.C.
  • Bag some more of the high rated courses between Seattle and Portland (going for quality not quantity)

I considered setting Mexico as a goal as well, but I value my life more than the country explorer silver medal (it was a close one.) I think on the way to accomplishing these goals I should at least jump ahead of Lion and The Valkyrie Kid in Oregon.

In the meantime I'm considering a trip over to France, Belgium, and/or the Netherlands to bag some more countries. However, I've already blown most of my travel budget and I don't have a work Visa, so I'd have to figure out how to do it super cheap. On a side note, Stockholm is super expensive but totally worth it!

I just realized I already have the country explorer silver medal, so I'm going for the gold, and maybe platinum sometime later in life. There's only 8 people currently with gold medals and no one with platinum. So that would be a pretty cool achievement.

Belgium - 1
France - 1
Germany - 29
Netherlands - 3
Switzerland - 5

Total - 39

Damn, AJ has 51 played in Europe. Rats.

I'm currently at 9, but should be in double digits before too long. I at least need to get up to Essex and play the two layouts up there before I leave.

Loomis, and Linda have you beat with 48 and 45 respectively. But you definitely have a stronghold on Germany and the rest of Central Europe. You should probably make a Scandinavian journey at some point to take the lead of most European courses played.

Last edited:
Actually, there are 15-20 courses listed around Stockholm that you could get to by public transportation. Stay in a hostel for about $30 US a night, buy the 7 day public transport pass for about $45 US total, and you could totally knock that out. The only thing you'd have to be careful of is the high prices for food and beer. They can rack up crazy quick if you're not careful.