• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Courses Played Per State?

I don't know who these guys are, but I found Discbear with 90 courses played in Oregon, and nevermore321 with 79 courses played in Oregon.

They both have Corvallis listed as their hometown. This kind makes sense as Corvallis has a pretty big disc golf scene but only really has 2 high level tournament courses nearby, neither actually in town. So they're probably used to having to travel to play.

Being a Portlander myself, I have noticed that not very many of our golfers that are active in the local clubs are on DGCR. Most of them spend their time on the local clubs' facebook groups, nwdiscgolfnews.com, or discgolfscene.com.

Personally I'm a little disappointed in myself that out of staters like Lion and The Valkyrie Kid have played more courses in my home state than I have (congrats.) So far I've been an opportunist course bagger, but I think it's time to make a few travels specifically for course bagging.

I'm currently living in London, 45 minutes by train from the only course in town. When I move back to Portland in January I have the following goals. They're lofty, but my girlfriend doesn't move back until October, so I have some time:
  • Get over 100 courses played
  • Bag the last few Oregon courses within an hour of Portland
  • Play all Oregon courses North of Eugene (this course might be a thorn in my side)
  • Get my state explorer medal with a trip to California and Nevada or Idaho
  • Get one step closer to my country explorer silver medal with a trip to Vancouver B.C.
  • Bag some more of the high rated courses between Seattle and Portland (going for quality not quantity)

I considered setting Mexico as a goal as well, but I value my life more than the country explorer silver medal (it was a close one.) I think on the way to accomplishing these goals I should at least jump ahead of Lion and The Valkyrie Kid in Oregon.

In the meantime I'm considering a trip over to France, Belgium, and/or the Netherlands to bag some more countries. However, I've already blown most of my travel budget and I don't have a work Visa, so I'd have to figure out how to do it super cheap. On a side note, Stockholm is super expensive but totally worth it!

I guess I won't be the Oregon course leader. I really wasn't expecting to be, 68/95 is good but not really enough to be the state's leader.

I have played 66/95 in SC which includes both Hampton Park layouts in Charleston. Not sure how that ranks. I would think one of the Sauls or some of the Innova guys may have more than that though.

killing me. although I have played the Hampton Park course as well.

i think im at 23/95. weak, soooo weak.

I went on a terror this last year, and I now have 123 courses played here in Iowa out of the 197 listed.

Walker,

I've always looked at Iowa as a state that would be a perfect road trip experience. It looks as though there is a course perfectly distributed about every 15 miles across the entire state. It would seem to make for the perfect disc course road trip.

Play a course.
Drive 15 miles through corn fields while catching your breath.
Play a course.
Drive to next city 15 miles and play next course.
Drive 15-20 miles catching breather.
Play typical Iowa flat ass course.
Drive 20 miles to next city with course.
Lunch. Course. Drive. Play. Drive. Play.
Hotel/Camp. Day is over with 6-7 courses racked up.

Repeat next day. And next day. And next day. Until all Iowa courses have been played.

I went on a terror this last year, and I now have 123 courses played here in Iowa out of the 197 listed.

Wow, flashback. I looked at your map and saw that you are at Corydon. Back in the day, Steve Nixt and I road-tripped from Des Moines to design the Corydon course. I don't remember if we did the exact layout that day, or if it was just exploratory at the time? I know I only made one trip. Maybe Steve went back later, or maybe somebody else did the final design. Anyway, I'd nearly forgotten that completely.

My guess would have to be Knettles for WV. Sorry if you were going to post this yourself, buddy. :D

There are currently 33 courses listed in WV and he's played 35, including 2 extinct courses.

Haha, thanks. Unfortunately, there's still at least 3 courses in WV that aren't on DGCR I'm aware of. My plan is to wait til next summer to try and play them, get pictures, and then submit the courses. I've always thought courses with winter pictures just look crappy (Paw Paw anyone?). On the upside, every course I've played with winter pictures turned out way better than I expected.

I have 72 Colorado courses but it looks like Gumby23 get's it with 101.

Damn, both you guys have impressive amounts, especially considering you guys have a lot of the mountain courses. They're the best and take some time to play and travel to.

I found Survivor with 144/309 Texas courses. I'm appointing him the official Texas state champion until someone comes forth with more Texas courses played.

Haha, thanks. Unfortunately, there's still at least 3 courses in WV that aren't on DGCR I'm aware of. My plan is to wait til next summer to try and play them, get pictures, and then submit the courses. I've always thought courses with winter pictures just look crappy (Paw Paw anyone?). On the upside, every course I've played with winter pictures turned out way better than I expected.

If any of them are up my way, let me know if you'd like a 2nd to throw with! :hfive:

I have played 66/95 in SC which includes both Hampton Park layouts in Charleston. Not sure how that ranks. I would think one of the Sauls or some of the Innova guys may have more than that though.

from what I see you have the most of anyone from SC. by A LOT.

i dont know about travelers. but i think its safe to say you got the title for the state of SC.

grodney,
what a coincidence that you played a part in designing my hometown course. It has been taken back from a state of overgrowth in the last couple years. I do my part to make it back there and clean it up a few times a year.

In August of 2011 I had played every course in Illinois listed on both DGCR & PDGA. Since there has been about 25 courses installed. Hoping to get out more next year.

Courses played by state

I see the Valkyrie Kid would like to know the Oregon state course leader. I doubt if I am really the leader, but I have played 90 courses in Oregon that are listed on DGCOURSEREVIEW plus others not listed and an extinct course or 2. I have a lot played in CA, but at 85, that is only about one third. In Nevada I have more than half with 11. One day I should be able to multiply my 17 played in Washington. One day I would like to report that I've played every course in the universe.

I see the Valkyrie Kid would like to know the Oregon state course leader. I doubt if I am really the leader, but I have played 90 courses in Oregon that are listed on DGCOURSEREVIEW plus others not listed and an extinct course or 2. I have a lot played in CA, but at 85, that is only about one third. In Nevada I have more than half with 11. One day I should be able to multiply my 17 played in Washington. One day I would like to report that I've played every course in the universe.

Congrats Discbear - 90/98 Oregon courses will probably give you the title of Oregon Course Leader. I doubt if anyone has played more than your 90. Oregon's courses are pretty well spread out. I'm impressed!

Since no-one has stepped up for New York, I'd like to nominate our very own Timg. He's played 49/77 for a 63.6 %.

Here is how i stack up with percentage complete
Wisconsin(153/233) 65.7%
California(102/247) 41.3%
Wyoming(13/35) 37.1%
Nevada(7/19) 36.8%
Nebraska(22/65) 33.8%

Just need to visit Las Vegas and i am sure i could give Lion a run for Nevada.

Here is how i stack up with percentage complete
Wisconsin(153/233) 65.7%
California(102/247) 41.3%
Wyoming(13/35) 37.1%
Nevada(7/19) 36.8%
Nebraska(22/65) 33.8%

Just need to visit Las Vegas and i am sure i could give Lion a run for Nevada.

Impressive numbers in Wisconsin and California there Shuie but unfortunately those are two states which are already well spoken for by Lion in Cali 244/247 and crazy Harr 246 and Tall Paul with 236 in Wisconsin. It'll take some SERIOUS road trips to catch those guys.

Last edited:
Shuie and I have traveled to many a course; both in Wisco and to points to the east. Unfortunately his west travels have not been in my possibilities. He's one of a handful or two that may give Mashnut a run to the next to 1,000; if he stays with it for a few more years.