• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Courses Played Per State?

245 permanent courses and 6 seasonal courses makes 251. If you look at the completion percentage for cslifornia is shows only 247 courses. I'm well aware your completion total doesn't account for practice, temp, or extinct courses.

The % complete tab only counts permanent courses, not temp, practice or extinct courses.

That's weird when you use the browse course feature for California it shows 251 courses but on your courses completed % it shows 244/247. I would think those two number totals would be the same. I checked my numbers for Washington and they are both the same (93).

Either way Lion, you have played a helluva lot of courses in California, Arizona and Nevada. That's a lot of miles, gas and hours spent driving up little dirt roads to YMCA and church camps.

Just curious who has the most courses played in Minnesota. I haven't heard of anyone going on a harr0140-like quest to play the whole state.

Just curious who has the most courses played in Minnesota. I haven't heard of anyone going on a harr0140-like quest to play the whole state.

I'd start with erickmj with 188/228 Minnesota courses played. I figure when you've played 800 + courses and you're from Minnesota, you'll probably have a fairly decent number of Minnesota courses played.

I am now at 156 michigan courses..
and have a plan to get to 100% next year.

I am now at 156 michigan courses..
and have a plan to get to 100% next year.

Awesome!

I've only got about a third of Ohio & Kentucky done, and the snow is falling...

...and they keep building courses, confound it! :p

I created an update list of users with the most courses played in Oregon because I couldn't find a way to easily get it to appear in order by courses played in state using the browse members feature. It was pretty much made by data entry from searching between here and the PDGA website.

I blocked out real names, PDGA #s, and DGCR #s even though it's all publicly available here or on the PDGA website. It might not have been necessary, but better safe than sorry.

I would really love to be able to automate this by exporting data into the spreadsheet instead of updating by data entry. Does anyone know if that would be possible? I'd be happy to e-mail the excel file to anyone that is interested.

attachment.php

Additional info: Column C & D are Oregon courses. Column E is total courses played. Grey rows are out of state players. Bagger # is column C - column D. It gives me an idea of how many of the course played are practice or extinct courses.

Attachments

• Most played in Oregon as of 3-18-14 (Public View).jpg
    Most played in Oregon as of 3-18-14 (Public View).jpg
    114 KB · Views: 199
I'm only at 39% of MN courses played but 100% of those I designed. ;) My 5 of 12 in Delaware is actually a higher percentage at 41%.

I am at 75% of SC courses now but I may be in the Charlotte/Rock Hill area over the next year for work and if so, I will be able to play many of the school courses in Rock Hill, York and Fort Mill Area. I have visited a few of the school courses in the past (e.g., I have driven by the course within walking distance to Winthrop Gold numerous time but never played it) when school was in session and did not play out of respect to the signage and policies of play.

I am at 75% of SC courses now but I may be in the Charlotte/Rock Hill area over the next year for work and if so, I will be able to play many of the school courses in Rock Hill, York and Fort Mill Area. I have visited a few of the school courses in the past (e.g., I have driven by the course within walking distance to Winthrop Gold numerous time but never played it) when school was in session and did not play out of respect to the signage and policies of play.

I think you will like the course in York.

not that my totals are anywhere near you guys' totals. but my michigan total is 140/224... hoping to be close to finished by end of next year.
You were the 1st person I thought of for Michigan - seems you write another a review every few days. I knew I wasn't even close (only 77). Once I started going out of the state, I kinda made a conscious decision to cherry pick courses, so as to get the most DG bang for my travel time buck, so to speak, so I have no delusions of hitting every course in the state. That said, there are many great Michigan courses I have yet to play; need to get out to Goliath and a few more near Traverse City, etc.

my aim is to "finish" michigan in the next two seasons but it's a bitch with having an upper peninsula...
most definitely, but MI can't be as bad as Texas, and I can't fathom all travelling one would have to do to play a the 28 courses in Alaska.

btw, I'm at 167 courses for michigan now.
54 to go...
somehow I have 9 extinct courses...

yeah, plus:
bluegill
rycenga
and I don't think it counts practice courses

I have done all of Belize (1/1) :)
and 74 / 93 in WA sitting probably 3rd or 4th in the state next to Valk kid, Sillybizz, and maybe cefire but I have plenty of time to get those. I'll knock off most of them with one roadtrip to spokane area.

I'm at:
South Dakota 40/48 for 83.3
Nebraska 32/65 for 49.2
Minnesota 88/227 for 38.8
Wyoming 11/35 for 31.4
Iowa 44/199 for 22.1

Will have SD done by Fall. Will eclipse halfway for NE and WY and maybe MN.

I created an update list of users with the most courses played in Oregon because I couldn't find a way to easily get it to appear in order by courses played in state using the browse members feature. It was pretty much made by data entry from searching between here and the PDGA website.

I blocked out real names, PDGA #s, and DGCR #s even though it's all publicly available here or on the PDGA website. It might not have been necessary, but better safe than sorry.

I would really love to be able to automate this by exporting data into the spreadsheet instead of updating by data entry. Does anyone know if that would be possible? I'd be happy to e-mail the excel file to anyone that is interested.

attachment.php

Additional info: Column C & D are Oregon courses. Column E is total courses played. Grey rows are out of state players. Bagger # is column C - column D. It gives me an idea of how many of the course played are practice or extinct courses.

Wow I wouldn't have expected tied for 10th place in Oregon, hasn't felt like 51 played there. I wouldn't have even said top 25.

I have done all of Belize (1/1) :)
and 74 / 93 in WA sitting probably 3rd or 4th in the state next to Valk kid, Sillybizz, and maybe cefire but I have plenty of time to get those. I'll knock off most of them with one roadtrip to spokane area.

I've got 76 in Washington there Johnny :D

You'll probably beat me very soon unless I get to Spokane but I doubt that will be this year. Working a full time 40+ hour a week job and your own business leaves little time for course bagging sadly. That's not even counting the boyfriend!

When I compiled the data I searched in state players first. I was disappointed to see how many out of state players are in the top 10.

If everything goes as planned I'll take sole possession of 10th place on Friday.

Additionally, there aren't a whole lot of Oregonians on DGCR. I can think of 5 guys off the top of my head that have likely played more courses than me. I was thinking about posting that on nwdiscgolfnews.com to rile a few people up and get them to start posting their courses played.