• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Courses Played Per State?

I also have all the practice courses in Cali played and in Nevada. That's bonus points. Especially in Cali where there's more then ten. I also have a few in Arizona to. Oh and I have a temp course in Arizona and Cali to. Boom

Here is how i stack up with percentage complete
Wisconsin(153/233) 65.7%
California(102/247) 41.3%
Wyoming(13/35) 37.1%
Nevada(7/19) 36.8%
Nebraska(22/65) 33.8%

Just need to visit Las Vegas and i am sure i could give Lion a run for Nevada.

^Don't hate just because i play more course then you!!!!

On a serious not, i will be in the L.A. Area the first week of December, Free to to play around?? Which course would be closest to ya??(that is worth playing, 3 disc and above)

Your long lost twin brother is in L.A., if you want to swap stories or whatever.

Well, it is kind of a big state, geographically speaking! Still, I'm surprised someone hasn't racked up more courses!

Nope I found the king's of Texas

P-Katt has 150 in Texas
Survivor has 160 in Texas

I'm very impressed by them since they both live here in Lubbock(5 hours to the closest major city, Fort Worth). Texas has 313 courses right now with 27 added this year alone.

On the course percentage page it says there is 310 but it does not account for the 3 new courses added just today( Texas Twist, Trey Deuce, and Coleman)

226/233 in Wisconsin thats 97%. I gave it my all this year and it took about 6-7 weekends and a lot of money and fuel to get that close. All but one of these are private camps so my goal of having played every course in WI may never happen, especially since I consider I was able to add 10 to DGCR this year (which I played) and I know of at least 10 more that are out there but not listed on DGCR. I will keep at it in 2014, but that might be as close as I get to 100% of the WI courses.

When adding in the Temporary and Practice courses the WI total is 242 and I have 8 not played. Adding in yet the extinct ones . . . 263 total and I have not played 17 of them

When adding in the Temporary and Practice courses the WI total is 242 and I have 8 not played. Adding in yet the extinct ones . . . 263 total and I have not played 17 of them

Mike,

I don't know about you but my goal is to be the first one to play all the listed courses in my state. I'm not worried about private or extinct. You can't possibly go back and play some course that's been removed years ago.

Also DGCR now lists Wisconsin as having 243. Are you missing one?

P-Katt has 150 in Texas

I'm very impressed by them since they both live here in Lubbock(5 hours to the closest major city, Fort Worth). Texas has 313 courses right now with 27 added this year alone.

On the course percentage page it says there is 310 but it does not account for the 3 new courses added just today( Texas Twist, Trey Deuce, and Coleman)

When I checked Survivors courses completed %, it still lists him as having played 144 in Texas. Where did you find the 160 played # ? Am I missing something?

P-Katt has 150 in Texas

OK - I see the difference now. The 160 number is the total including extinct courses and temps(???). The 144 number that I found is the from the number of current courses.

So which would count as to who has played the most courses. I don't want another controversy such as "what is par' or "what is an Ace".

I say just keep racking them up without malice.

I show only 242 . . . one must have been removed from the site altogether and not even left as extinct.

My goal was to play all the WI courses but some of these private ones have not replied to my request to play . . . so i satisfied my goal when I got to all the publicly accessible ones in the state. I will keep on trying to play the private ones but there is no way to know for sure they will let me . . . plus I realize the goal is unrealistic to ever say you have played every course in a state as I PROMISE there are courses out there you don't know about and are not listed on DGCR or PDGA. I already have a list of 10 that are not listed that people have seen around the state. I am thankful to have people who have followed my quest telling me where they have found courses in their travels or places they have heard of course being.

Either way . . . it is more about the adventure than the goal in my opinion. I had a blast travelling WI this summer and I look to do it again next year . . . and maybe venturing to some other areas too. I think I might make a run at Florida in a couple years too, since I am well on my way to playing all of those too!

Last edited:
Sorry Mike. I think I'm dxlylexic or something. DGCR lists Wisconsin as having 234 not 243. I'll let you keep track of the Cheesehead state totals from now on. I can barely keep track of Washington's 95 courses.

234 is the permanent and seasonal course total . . . 242 is when including temporary and practice . . . and 263 includes all the extinct ones which obviously is a number we cannot go back after, but someone like tallpaul or someone who has been around the game can have a higher total than myself, but a lower percentage. Plus tallpaul knows a lot of the private ones I can only hope to some day get an invite to!

Well, I'm one of those who have 100% of RI. (Big accomplishment, I know) I've only got 70 in my home state of IL for just over a third played.

I admire the dedication of some of you guys. I love course bagging, but my list will never compare.

ps I'm a premium member here for one reason; the "exclude already played" feature in the map browser. I don't know about you guys, but I want that map to be blank when centered on my home.

Well, I'm one of those who have 100% of RI. (Big accomplishment, I know) I've only got 70 in my home state of IL for just over a third played.

I admire the dedication of some of you guys. I love course bagging, but my list will never compare.

ps I'm a premium member here for one reason; the "exclude already played" feature in the map browser. I don't know about you guys, but I want that map to be blank when centered on my home.

Agreed . . . it is helpful in finding the next closest course I have not played!

I have played 66/95 in SC which includes both Hampton Park layouts in Charleston. Not sure how that ranks. I would think one of the Sauls or some of the Innova guys may have more than that though.

Building Stoney Hill slowed our "played course count" way, way, way way way down.

However, I was tied for the lead and had played every course in the state (2) but that was 1995. That should count for something right?

Last edited:
Cali has over 250 courses, the course count is wrong. Just like Arizona, that's why I'm at 101.9 percent there.

Cali has over 250 courses, the course count is wrong. Just like Arizona, that's why I'm at 101.9 percent there.

The % complete tab only counts permanent courses, not temp, practice or extinct courses.