• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just your standard acetone and cotton balls - the thing about MVP is that the stamps are a little deeper, and on proton are still perfectly readable (in my admittedly limited experience) after wiping and the neutron is less so, i believe due to the transparent nature of proton making the "etching" of the stamp stand out more. i haven't dyed any Z or champ plastic so i'm unsure if that is a common theme across candy plastics.

Whoa. I just took the stamp off my resistor. I swear I tried that before on older discs and they were immune to acetone.

I wouldnt try to dye it because the indent is still there. But it's still sexier than it was a minute ago. My dyes usually turn out terribly.

Taking the white stamp off eclipse discs is not so easy. It smears and clouds up proton plastic. Another reason to make more blanks.

try a wizard. i believe they took gyroscopic affect into account when designing them as well. youll have several degrees of grip available as well

My understanding is that this is true, They made the flight plate super thin at one point and thicker at others because of the mass inertia effect. AKA gyro. But Gateway has 300 plastics with 900 variables each. Pass.

The biggest advantage between a wiz and ion to me is putting in the wind. I like ions better most of the time but wizards are much better in the wind.

Whoa. I just took the stamp off my resistor. I swear I tried that before on older discs and they were immune to acetone.

The stamp is not set as deep into Neutron as it is to Proton. Or maybe they changed the stamping process. It's been a long time since I bought a Proton disc.

I deliberately left the stamp on my Ion - really like the black on black look, and dig the Proton stamps from MVP. Took it out to the field and tossed it around before heading into the office for some work today, and it just looks sleeker than hell int he sunshine. Couldn't be happier :thmbup:

I've got a black Neutron Vector and I'm surprised at how easy it is to find. I've never come close to losing it. That black is so reflective and shiny.

Black N volts are pretty common. I have the first one I ever bought when they came out and had a few back ups since then which I traded for whites to dye.

$(KGrHqZHJC4FCFeBRLt2BQj,K5WiRw~~60_35.JPG

I will say that once black neutron gets broken in, it will lose it's shimmer and be easier to lose. Lost a black axis and volt that way.

Where did you find it?

I always buy them at GGGT when new releases come out so at the time it was there.. the picture is just a stock photo and not sure about current supply but you should be able to find them. I just don't like how hot they get in the summer sun and easy to lose in the woods. Once worn they get dull too.

I always buy them at GGGT when new releases come out so at the time it was there.. the picture is just a stock photo and not sure about current supply but you should be able to find them. I just don't like how hot they get in the summer sun and easy to lose in the woods. Once worn they get dull too.

Thanks. I'll have to check them out when I'm over there for my behibd the wheel tests.

I will say that once black neutron gets broken in, it will lose it's shimmer and be easier to lose. Lost a black axis and volt that way.

Mine is almost a year old and gets heavy use. While not as glossy as a new one it's still pretty shinny. I just look for the same why I watch out for Vampirs on the course. I look for the sparkle.

Posted by MVP in Facebook, cool!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 49
try a wizard. i believe they took gyroscopic affect into account when designing them as well. youll have several degrees of grip available as well

Got my first used Wizard today, 175g, quite beat SS, it has ready made place for thumb. :D Feels great compared to Ion. Haven't tested actual putts yet though. I'm wondering should I try the grip of SSS also, but if they are much softer, maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.