• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After messing around with the MVP molds I've come to the conclusion that I really love their Drivers as they are very unique and in a class on their own. They are pretty much my go to control drivers now.

The Mids not so much. They are fun to throw I give them that,but my Discraft Mids just go farther and fly the same as the MVP Mids. Well the Tangent has a flight of it's own,but my Wasp,Buzzz,Stratus triple threat has me covered pretty good.

The Putters never clicked with me. Maybe it's just my smaller hands that gets in the way. I did have some good putts with them,but they just aren't as consistent as my SSS Voodoo's.

I do however think if MVP makes a 10 speed or 11 speed Driver I'll be all in as I believe it/they will be a beast. The Fairways are killer so the distance drivers will probably be killer as well.

For me the Anode is the best putter ever made. I love it. It's the only putter I carry. Nothing comes close for me in feel and confidence.

My new volt looks to also be a fantastic disc for me. So easy to throw and control. Longest, most consistent, straightest disc I've got. I got a number of what was that you just threw from my group last week.

I'm still learning the mids.

The vector is very easy to control and for me throws just like a cross between a Roc (the fade) and a Buzzz (speed).

The Axis is a great disc but takes control to use it to it's potential. I'm getting better with it every day and I've made some great shots with it. (My 1st and only Ace too). But it's no where near as forgiving as my other midranges I no longer throw. It's also the straightest disc I've every thrown period. (when I release it correctly)

The Tangent I just got last week and I just haven't thrown it enough. Right now I'm releasing it too early or late and I'm just not comfortable with it. I need to play a whole round with just it and see what happens.

Just picked up a Neutron Volt to replace my Teebird. Can I just say Wow! Holy hell this is the disc I've been waiting for. Damn near had an ace on my first round out with it. This thing is straight and LONG! Bombed a few out to 400'. This disc just blew me away.

Just picked up a Neutron Volt to replace my Teebird. Can I just say Wow! Holy hell this is the disc I've been waiting for. Damn near had an ace on my first round out with it. This thing is straight and LONG! Bombed a few out to 400'. This disc just blew me away.

It blew me away too man. :hfive:

If MVP could make something similar to a Destroyer and then release an understable midrange... i think we all know what would happen.

i have the latest run of neutron and proton, as of now (the latest runs) they feel very similar, and are both just as durable.. i think they are the same plastic.

I know via the MVP guys that it's not the same. They order both plastics straight from the manufacturer. They are similar and both premium. I don't know polymer science very well, but I understand that Neutron has a waxy opaque property which is what differentiates them from Proton.

Opaque and Translucent are different no matter what "plastic" we are talking about. Polymers are naturally clear but have stuff added to them, to change their chemical properties. So the base is the same being a polymer but by no means are they the same products just derived from the same base.

Many polymeric materials having chain-like structures similar to polyethylene are known. Polymers formed by a straightforward linking together of monomer units, with no loss or gain of material, are called addition polymers or chain-growth polymers. A listing of some important addition polymers and their monomer precursors is presented in the following table.

polymers.jpg

Opaque and Translucent are different no matter what "plastic" we are talking about. Polymers are naturally clear but have stuff added to them, to change their chemical properties. So the base is the same being a polymer but by no means are they the same products just derived from the same base.

Many polymeric materials having chain-like structures similar to polyethylene are known. Polymers formed by a straightforward linking together of monomer units, with no loss or gain of material, are called addition polymers or chain-growth polymers. A listing of some important addition polymers and their monomer precursors is presented in the following table.

Not entirely true. Some polymers inherently have better optics than others. Various polymers are better suited for specific applications based on the requirements. Polymers are naturally colorless. before being processed by the end user various additives like colorants and uv stabilizers will be added. The original polymer is still evident after the additives are added into the batch.

Cool, same base, different additive.. w/e lol they feel the same to me most the time. But that might explain why they mold up differently sometimes.

I still stand by my statement that the Volt is fastest thing that flies like a good overstable TB(not all TBs are equal)...Nothing else faster has even reminded me remotely of a TB. Hammer knows this, he's just messing with y'all.

Why would you want a disc faster than a Teebird that still mimicked the HSS/LSS of the TB? Does anyone really have to ask that question? Not to replace your TB, but to fly like it but farther and lower. Speed doesn't necessarily rule out a TB-like flight either. The TB has more HSS than any neutral-ish fairway driver that is slower than it, yet doesn't have a proportional amount of extra fade. The P Volt is like this as well compared to discs in it's speed class. It has the flightpath of a slower disc.

:D.....I've been outed. Yes, the Volts fly a lot like good Teebirds, but not exactly. I still prefer the TB's, mainly for the fact that I like how slow they are, and because I have about 5 years worth of experience with them that I don't feel like abandoning. The 10-20 extra feet of distance isn't worth the switch. Plus, Innova has been releasing some pretty solid runs of birds, so I am stocking up on the cheap. If they go back to making the crappy domed ones, I will consider switching to the Volt. In the meantime, the only MVP that finds it's way into my game is the Anode.

Cool, same base, different additive.. w/e lol they feel the same to me most the time. But that might explain why they mold up differently sometimes.

They are likely a blend of various polymers. No way of knowing for sure without observing their process or talking to someone that deals directly with it. That type of information is typically company confidential in the polymer business, however.

Not entirely true. Some polymers inherently have better optics than others. Various polymers are better suited for specific applications based on the requirements. Polymers are naturally colorless. before being processed by the end user various additives like colorants and uv stabilizers will be added. The original polymer is still evident after the additives are added into the batch.

The typical premium disc plastic is a thermoplastic polyurethane that can be injection molded, correct? (I don't know anything about the disc making process, just remembering sh*t from some materials class I took) And depending on the amount of cross linkage and chain lengths through varying the isocyanates, diols and polyols in the reaction you get different densities and stiffness.

The typical premium disc plastic is a thermoplastic polyurethane that can be injection molded, correct? (I don't know anything about the disc making process, just remembering sh*t from some materials class I took) And depending on the amount of cross linkage and chain lengths through varying the isocyanates, diols and polyols in the reaction you get different densities and stiffness.

I am not entirely sure what polymer type is used. There are ways to find out fairly easily if you have the right equipment and expertise. Things like cross-linking can be the result of a number of things and can be undesirable in certain applications. Chain lengths will vary the molecular weight with long chain branching affecting the density.

Would anyone know if a Tensor is more overstable than a Vibram Obex? I compare an Obex to a Wasp so is it more overstable than that or right about the same overstability?

Would anyone know if a Tensor is more overstable than a Vibram Obex? I compare an Obex to a Wasp so is it more overstable than that or right about the same overstability?

Pretty much the same man.

Edit: Well the Tensor does have better foward fade.

More or less the same amount of overstability, but it's a different flight - my Tensor fades later and feels a bit faster than the Obex I've thrown.

More or less the same amount of overstability, but it's a different flight - my Tensor fades later and feels a bit faster than the Obex I've thrown.

Yes, tensor goes out very straight for a while, then fades late but somewhat hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.