• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real question:

Does any other company have 8 new discs planned that aren't overlaps of what they already have, or unnecessary overstable high speed drivers?

The real question:

Does any other company have 8 new discs planned that aren't overlaps of what they already have, or unnecessary overstable high speed drivers?

No, but there aren't a ton of companies in MVP's position in terms of filling out a lineup, either. Although I will say that Legacy moves at a snail's pace compared to the Bros.

Do you think anyone will stop buying MVP due to Nikko?
Depending on how far his antics go, yes I believe that, because I know one person who is already re-evaluating things. I love my MVP discs, and I love supporting a Michigan based company, but I really can't stand Nikko. The best way to voice my displeasure is by not buying their products. I'm not saying I'm to that point yet. I'm open to hoping Nikko has learned to act like an adult, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm legit surprised that anyone would not buy a disc they like because of Nikko. Does this person you know how rotten most corporations actually are? How does he buy anything in this world.

Depending on how far his antics go, yes I believe that, because I know one person who is already re-evaluating things. I love my MVP discs, and I love supporting a Michigan based company, but I really can't stand Nikko. The best way to voice my displeasure is by not buying their products. I'm not saying I'm to that point yet. I'm open to hoping Nikko has learned to act like an adult, but I'm not holding my breath.

:gross::rolleyes: I'm sure all the new fans daily will make up for either of you 2 lol.

All this hubbub over this....

Personally, I'm much more likely to boycott a brand because of an annoying and overplayed commercial than for their choice in celeb spokesperson.

All this hubbub over this....

Personally, I'm much more likely to boycott a brand because of an annoying and overplayed commercial than for their choice in celeb spokesperson.
This. Like the annoying ass Flo commercial that was one the tube as I read this.

I like MVP's discs too much to not throw them because of one golfer.

yeah, most people realize that none of this means anything. Humans are complex and most do bad and good things during their lives. If Nikko is too much for ya, I'm not sure how you would be able to buy or watch anything these days. It's absurd.

I forgot to mention how funny it is that Rob Lowe was used as an example of a positive celebrity representative. Someone must have forgotten about his sex tape with a 16 year old.

So I live in a rural area with one course in the county, one guy selling Innova and legacy out of his trunk, another selling discraft and gateway, and a quick mart with a limited selection. I have only come across one other local throwing gyro up to today.

I picked my son up and headed to the course. We quickly caught up to a group of 6 mostly teenage guys. I caught sight of some red Proton and figured one guy had 1 or 2 MVP. I then saw Axiom go flying through the air. Right before they let me play through I saw 2 or 3 guys tee off #9 with MVP and Axiom, followed by a couple of upshot with Gyro as well. Multiple guys had multiple MVP.

I commented that that was the most MVP / Axiom I had seen outside my bag on the course and they said the same. They had ordered it online.

Not a big deal or anything, but cool to see as an MVP fan.

So I live in a rural area with one course in the county, one guy selling Innova and legacy out of his trunk, another selling discraft and gateway, and a quick mart with a limited selection. I have only come across one other local throwing gyro up to today.

I picked my son up and headed to the course. We quickly caught up to a group of 6 mostly teenage guys. I caught sight of some red Proton and figured one guy had 1 or 2 MVP. I then saw Axiom go flying through the air. Right before they let me play through I saw 2 or 3 guys tee off #9 with MVP and Axiom, followed by a couple of upshot with Gyro as well. Multiple guys had multiple MVP.

I commented that that was the most MVP / Axiom I had seen outside my bag on the course and they said the same. They had ordered it online.

Not a big deal or anything, but cool to see as an MVP fan.
:thmbup::clap: cool!

Someone should tell nikko that overmolds give the discs better hearing. Then maybe he wont shout at his throws so loud you can hear him from the other side of the course.

I'm legit surprised that anyone would not buy a disc they like because of Nikko. Does this person you know how rotten most corporations actually are? How does he buy anything in this world.

I think he was referring to himself. And really, whining about corporations? Is this jam-band smokeout buzzword bingo?
down-with-evil-corporations.jpg

I have trouble understanding why you guys care if he likes the guy or not? Quite frankly, from the perspective of someone who rarely wastes time watching others play a game on the internet, Nikko is one of a very small handful of well known participants in disc golf who's name I do recognize. But like Puckstopper said, I know him for the wrong reasons. I don't find him as annoying as Puckstopper seems to. I see him more like the Ronald McDonald kind of clown rather than the Joker, but he's a clown regardless.

Either way, many of us are having fun watching you MVP fans turn on one of your own for daring to have a different opinion, so keep up the entertainment!:thmbup::popcorn:

Last edited:
Yea, puckstopper sounds like a hardcore MVP supporter lol.

If you want to knock MVP for picking up nikko well........

exit-back-door-animation.gif

So my Proton Vector came in yesterday, and my buddy who throws a ton of MVP and Axiom was doing field work, so it seemed like a good day to throw some of this overmold stuff.

Ion: cool throwing putter, especially when throwing anhyzers backhand or forehand. After a few minutes of catch I could throw it almost any way that I wanted and be accurate.
Axis: straight, straight and more straight. I could throw it with a little hyzer, have it flip to flat and ride a slight fade to the left or put a bunch of snap on it and it would slide right slightly all the way to the ground. Cool placement midrange.
Tensor: I didn't like this one as much. I think I didn't click with it, but the flight was pretty predictable.
Vector: this was the one I wanted to try. I threw it back to back with my fresh Champ Roc3 about a dozen times and they were almost the exact same flight. When throw on the same line and height they were going the same length (300-330) and finishing within a few feet of each other. If anything, the Proton Vector might finish just a little harder.

Overall the three hours of field work was great for my game and an eye opener regarding overmolds, especially when my friend pushed his Volt out past 400 ft.

I think he was referring to himself. And really, whining about corporations? Is this jam-band smokeout buzzword bingo?
down-with-evil-corporations.jpg

I have trouble understanding why you guys care if he likes the guy or not? Quite frankly, from the perspective of someone who rarely wastes time watching others play a game on the internet, Nikko is one of a very small handful of well known participants in disc golf who's name I do recognize. But like Puckstopper said, I know him for the wrong reasons. I don't find him as annoying as Puckstopper seems to. I see him more like the Ronald McDonald kind of clown rather than the Joker, but he's a clown regardless.

Either way, many of us are having fun watching you MVP fans turn on one of your own for daring to have a different opinion, so keep up the entertainment!:thmbup::popcorn:

It's an internet forum. We argue dumb stuff all the time. I have trouble understanding why you don't know that.

Nobody here actually cares if he decides to stop buying MVP. This is just killing time until the snow melts. Wake up...

So my Proton Vector came in yesterday, and my buddy who throws a ton of MVP and Axiom was doing field work, so it seemed like a good day to throw some of this overmold stuff.

Ion: cool throwing putter, especially when throwing anhyzers backhand or forehand. After a few minutes of catch I could throw it almost any way that I wanted and be accurate.
Axis: straight, straight and more straight. I could throw it with a little hyzer, have it flip to flat and ride a slight fade to the left or put a bunch of snap on it and it would slide right slightly all the way to the ground. Cool placement midrange.
Tensor: I didn't like this one as much. I think I didn't click with it, but the flight was pretty predictable.
Vector: this was the one I wanted to try. I threw it back to back with my fresh Champ Roc3 about a dozen times and they were almost the exact same flight. When throw on the same line and height they were going the same length (300-330) and finishing within a few feet of each other. If anything, the Proton Vector might finish just a little harder.

Overall the three hours of field work was great for my game and an eye opener regarding overmolds, especially when my friend pushed his Volt out past 400 ft.

sounds like a solid experience. I too find the vector to have a little more LSS but also depends on the roc3 and vector being compared. If both are domey max weight you generally get that extra bite like you mention. Flatter top rocs or vectors (less common) are going to be straighter like a seasoned version really off the shelf.

I never liked the tensor either-- there are a lot of people who either love or hate it.

You don't waste time watching others play a game in videos, but you like to follow arguments about disc companies you don't even throw on an internet forum?

Kudos to you for having the guts to admit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts