• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now why would anyone spend thirty buck on this?

They are not a ignorant cheap disc golfer?

Its pretty common to support things you like and care about. Why do people get so worked up over this ****? Innova makes a killing selling directly to buyers and people eat up those discs hoping to flip for $30+ a pop. Why not support a TD and event through a product you like with some fresh ass art on it?

I really dislike disc golfers.

Seeing that they are rolling out the Plasma Crave, is there a chance for the Plasma Clash?

Ehh, Axiom needs to concentrate on releasing their 21.5 class first. Since I lost my Wrath, I have been eagerly anticipating the disc between the photon and wave...

Now why would anyone spend thirty buck on this?
They're collector's items available over two months in advance of expected release to Circuit events and other select events, and about a $5 premium to deter scalpers and manage supply/demand for collectors and people itching to try popular models in MVP's best plastic.

MVP was generous enough to sponsor the entire 2016 Heart of Texas Tour, and helped us put a lot of money from all around the country into our regional event payouts and amenities. If you'd like that kind of boost for your local scene, use the Contact form on the MVP site to pitch your event for sponsorship. These two models are available to select events as fundraisers during the 2016 season, and are not expected for regular production release until after the Circuit season is over.

And it looks like my post linking to the ebay search was deleted -- just search "zamdesign" on ebay and you'll find my TD's listings for Plasma Wave and Plasma Photon. These are not my listings, they belong to the TDs/events I sponsor.

Last edited:
Those look great. I like the simpler geometric-ish looking stamps like that. I'd totally pop for a Photon and probably a Nano if I weren't on a spouse-induced plastic purchase moratorium at the moment.

Those look great. I like the simpler geometric-ish looking stamps like that. I'd totally pop for a Photon and probably a Nano if I weren't on a spouse-induced plastic purchase moratorium at the moment.

Thanks! Funny you mention it, cuz I made this stamp overnight based on breaking news that Plasma Wave/Photon were bumped up a week and would be stampable. The actual event stamp is a longhair hippie minotaur tossing grass into the wind... fitting if you know the venue, a cattle ranch with courses named for Dead tunes... pretty niche vibe outside our area though. I pitched the idea to our TDs that we do a 2016 Tour stamp, radial geometry and less figurative, that would have broader appeal now that the models had opened up our audience. We'll be running the Tour stamp throughout the year, likely with some trippy event stamps mixed in.

Thanks! Funny you mention it, cuz I made this stamp overnight based on breaking news that Plasma Wave/Photon were bumped up a week and would be stampable. The actual event stamp is a longhair hippie minotaur tossing grass into the wind... fitting if you know the venue, a cattle ranch with courses named for Dead tunes... pretty niche vibe outside our area though. I pitched the idea to our TDs that we do a 2016 Tour stamp, radial geometry and less figurative, that would have broader appeal now that the models had opened up our audience. We'll be running the Tour stamp throughout the year, likely with some trippy event stamps mixed in.

That minotaur one sounds...interesting.

Yeah, I'm a fan of the sort of clean look. Like, I really dig the proton driver stamps, e.g.

Got my Fission Tesla tester in at 138 grams. Haven't thrown it yet, but it has a noticeable dome/shoulder compared to the sparkle Proton I have in the garage, and this run of Fission feels like a mix between the Volt and Photon I have. There's a real gumminess to it, but also some grip and sheen. Reminds me of pro or x plastic. Feels awesome.

Thats how my sub 141g photons were. I have a box at home but been hustling all day havent had a chance to open. Might try to throw tonight doubt ill have time tho.

Yea this F Tesla is gummy and grippy for sure. Almost looks like it's not Fission, there are few noticeable bubbles. Mine is a 148.

Out of the few in my order one is stupid tacky soft and glossy with mad grip @138g while others are fimer and more of a matte finish with the fission teslas. Few have dome and others dont but no rhyme or reason this time on weight vs dome.

I threw a lot of MVP when they first came out, but drifted away for a variety of reasons. I really like the way the new runs of Neutron / Proton feel and I'd like to start putting together an MVP bag for funsies. I'm looking for people who have thrown Millennium to recommend MVP equivalents for the discs in my signature, and/or just general suggestions for an all MVP bag. I'd like to keep the molds ~8. Paging ZAM!

Scorpius: Photon

Firebird: Motion/Fireball

Orion LF: Volt/Wrath OrionLS: Insanity

JLS: Crave

Mortar: Tensor or their new Circuit mid

Aurora: Axis or Alias

Tank: Envy

Omega: Anode

IMO, the Servo is closer to the JLS. But the new Plasma Crave has more of that straight to light fade flavor of the "J."

Bigger arms might see things differently though.

I threw a lot of MVP when they first came out, but drifted away for a variety of reasons. I really like the way the new runs of Neutron / Proton feel and I'd like to start putting together an MVP bag for funsies. I'm looking for people who have thrown Millennium to recommend MVP equivalents for the discs in my signature, and/or just general suggestions for an all MVP bag. I'd like to keep the molds ~8. Paging ZAM!

I haven't thrown the newfangled MILL stuff but here are my translations from the dear old bag.

OLF = Wrath or Tesla for more bite
OLS = Insanity or Inertia for more bite
JLS = Relay
Aurora = Theory or Axis or Alias from least to most juice absorption
Omega = Anode or Atom if you need baseline

Relay is one of my favorite JLS ever :)
Also I had a Teebird as my headwind JLS, and I now use a Servo for that utility role. For QMS I carry 2 Theory, mid-160s and near-max, same as I carried for QMS. Currently rolling without a stable mid, but Envy and Servo fill those shots until Matrix is out.

So... I bought two Phases off of Aim last week(thanks for the great deal Aim), and I had thrown one. It was a friends and only over fairly short distance less than 300 feet and was intrigued and want to seriously test one out.

So I took these out to the field today on my lunch break, and threw them mAny times.

It's a fairly Beastly disc, but nothing that most will be too scared of I don't think. But honestly those things fly great. If I had designed a disc for my likes and throwing type that's pretty much what I would come up with. The virtually flat top and wing combined with the shallowness of the room make it perfect for a fh spread grip.

It took me a minute to dial them in, but after I got used to the flight I got some really good bombs out of it. Several in the 420 range and the best one was at least 450 I'm not exactly sure. I've measured to this one flagpole wich is about 432 and it was a good bit past it.

Overall very impressed.

^It's a meat-stick for sure. I've been bagging one instead of a Motion, but I just put the Motion back in, because for some OS situations, like non-class-5-hurricane level winds, it's just more beef than I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts