• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep that was kind of what I was getting at. If you can't cover the entire stability spectrum with 8 different molds in a speed class, you're doing something wrong (or else MVP is but I can't speak to that having not thrown half of them). :)

I think you completely misunderstood Aim. He's saying that, with the plastic options available now, not only are there not really gaps, but that there's a ton of overlap, where you can cover "gaps" more than one way.

Fission has really expanded the stability spectrum of each mold. So, try harder.

I think you completely misunderstood Aim. He's saying that, with the plastic options available now, not only are there not really gaps, but that there's a ton of overlap, where you can cover "gaps" more than one way.

Fission has really expanded the stability spectrum of each mold. So, try harder.

Huh? Try harder? I'm not trolling. I was agreeing with Aim that MVP/Axiom has a lot of discs in each speed class to cover the stability spectrum. It's almost too many, which in my mind would creates a lot of overlap. I was more trying to say that if the previous poster couldn't get their "gaps" covered with 8 molds in that spectrum they were doing it wrong. I once owned and threw all 4 MVP discs in the 20mm spectrum (but never the Axiom ones). I liked the Tesla and Inertia. The Motion I had was utility-disc OS and the Impulse was an insta-roller for me. Just because I'm throwing all Innova/Millennium now doesn't mean I'm a fanboy; I like MVP discs just fine.

I think we all are pretty much saying the same thing.

Only some Axiom models are designed to be complementary while others are unique all together. The bros are pretty methodical it seems over releasing new models and plastic options. Seems to be working damn well and ive never heard someone complain about having too many options for discs to throw. Not sure we NEED them but its fun.

MVP/ Axiom has already filled every hole in the fairway/distance driver categories. Now they need to get into max distance territory (which has been confirmed for this year) and tweener stuff like the upcoming "Gazelle." (The name escapes me at the moment. I wanna say Signal but I think thats the putter)

Also a huge issue is lack of baseline. They needs LOADS of baseline. Putters, mids, drivers, Axiom, everything. But as they said in the Q & A vid, it'll take time to make new molds for all of those discs. I literally think we're talking like 2020 and beyond.

There is still a lot of room for them to grow before we start seeing Innova-like overlap in the lineup. Actually you know they've come a long way when MVP has to put molds out to pasture. I think the Shock and Tensor would be the first to go if (when) that eventually happens.

If you're not on the MVP Fan Page on facebook you didn't hear about Proton Resistors for sale... there are plenty left at the TD's eBay

(MVP owners and staff are all over that fan page, it's the first place we post news and info, new releases, announcements, previews of new stuff, etc etc. When was the last time you saw any of that on DGCR? Use what sites you like but we've abandoned this poisoned well.)

If you're not on the MVP Fan Page on facebook you didn't hear about Proton Resistors for sale... there are plenty left at the TD's eBay

(MVP owners and staff are all over that fan page, it's the first place we post news and info, new releases, announcements, previews of new stuff, etc etc. When was the last time you saw any of that on DGCR? Use what sites you like but we've abandoned this poisoned well.)

I said that a while back and everyone contradicted me that the MVP guys were still reading posts from the dgcr mutant think tank

What's facebook?...

BTW, nearly 90% of the time anyone I know talks about FB, they're referring to some argument or another. So you guys moved from one poisoned well to a toxic waste dump...

Last edited:
Oh they've always lurked way harder than posting.

FB Groups can be pretty smooth. Internet in general is a shish show until you narrow a venue down to a common interest and hostility cools down.

Yea there is way to much of this...
hq.gif
and not enough this...
az.gif

Sometimes I wonder if they should just bring back duels, so we can cut down on some of the morons in this country...

The MVP fanboi page on Facebook sounds grrreat. This is a forum, not a fan page.

Go spam those weak tourney discs with that stupid ass stamp over there then? Cya ;)

Oh they've always lurked way harder than posting.

I know they lurk here and I figured out the secret method to get them to make the disc you want. I'll even give everyone the method.

Post the disc, plastic and firmness you want.

Space down a few lines.

Then you hit 'em with the :popcorn:

Repost your request every week or two for the next year to 18 months and BOOM! the disc you want comes out.

The MVP fanboi page on Facebook sounds grrreat. This is a forum, not a fan page.

Go spam those weak tourney discs with that stupid ass stamp over there then? Cya ;)

^ fanboi 1, fanboi 2 will be around soon enough :)

I'm not an MVP fanboi since I'm in here and not even registered on the book... Keep it up man, you do great work policing the internet...

The iSheep, skinny jeans wearing hipster fanboi page on Facebook sounds grrreat. If anyone needs me I'll be over there making stupid jokes

Do you think you could fit any more sorry-azz pathetic Millennial buzzwords into your screen name? Between the "@" and the "i" you are a walking poster child for Generation Me. Cya.

My post this morning was super douchey, I hope I've grown up since then. But it's one of those times I should apologize to everyone especially the much cooler dudes I work for, for being such a jerk. Sorry :hfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts