• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, you make me want to take up cat burglary. ;)

If some of those are for unloading, I might be interested in any monochromatic you might get.

I'll keep you in mind :)

people are throwing Volts farther than Teslas

I get an extra 25-30' fresh P Volt vs fresh Tesla. Might hold true for people who don't get them up to speed, but you can hardly blame the disc for that.

I agree with the speed 12/13's, I'd really like to see them put out the max D discs too. That being said, MVP has always been a patient mans company. How many YEARS did it take them to come out with any driver at all for example? They have never been a company to move quick. They have always been about taking their time and doing things right, even if sometimes they needed to tweak the mold to make it consistent with their vision.

While I'd release things in a different order too, I have to applaud how far they've come and how much they've grown. They are releasing discs much more frequently now. They produce a much wider spectrum of colors. They have a much fuller line-up than the Ion / Vector days, which is when I started bagging them. They are not having to tweak molds like they did with the Ion, Volt, Shock etc., anymore. They are producing the most consistently molded drivers I've seen from any DG company. They aren't perfect as seen through the eyes of a consumer, but they sure have done an amazing job for two guys with a crazy idea for a new putter.

Last edited:
I'm just bummed that they have grown by leaps and bounds since then and they do nothing outside of selling "new releases" that are usually their last disc release in proton, a custom stamp, a disc thats 0.5 difference in HSS from their last release or something else i could care less about like wrist bands. They released new speed 10 drivers that hardly make a difference from the previous speed 9's, people are throwing Volts farther than Teslas. They should have gone to speed 12 right away so there was more of a noticeable flight/speed difference. Then Axiom comes along with colored rims and creates discs that overlap with current molds to the point were its pointless to bag them both. Silly when they have many other slots to fill.

They are making bad decisions, in my opinion. I'm not going to support what they are doing anymore.

They might not be doing all that you think they should in growing the sport but they are doing a hella good job growing their business and that is job #1. It's a bidness.

In the defense of us non-baseline people, if/when MVP releases it, there won't be a "gigantic change in tune," because I recognize I'm in a minority of people that don't really do base line, putters especially.

Remember these guys were Wizard-loving forum nerds. "Baseline" entails many plastics, but baseline with the evil grin and hand rubbing is Gateway putter juicey juice. Not about price but about da juice. They're like the analog synths of DG. Quirky feely one-of-a-kind tools that wear into even more responsive and characteristic tools. Wizards can live in a bag for years, and some of mine have. That's what baseline is about, IMHO.

Remember these guys were Wizard-loving forum nerds. "Baseline" entails many plastics, but baseline with the evil grin and hand rubbing is Gateway putter juicey juice. Not about price but about da juice. They're like the analog synths of DG. Quirky feely one-of-a-kind tools that wear into even more responsive and characteristic tools. Wizards can live in a bag for years, and some of mine have. That's what baseline is about, IMHO.

Wow...I love it.
So true. I expect the first "baseline" MVP disc to be that glorious SS Wizard texture that is firm, slightly tacky & 100% perfect. Pop the standard gyro rim that eventually seasons up to be incredibly tacky & you have a winner.

Jee-bus. There should be a NSFW warning before you start talking dirty like that. A guy could get....um....you know....excited. :D

Tens of thousands of disc golfers disagree with you.
As Oscar Wilde said, if everyone agreed with me then I know I must be wrong ;)
I'm going to enjoy the gigantic change in tune when MVP/Axiom releases a base plastic. :popcorn:
Hehe well I am not entirely discounting MVP's base plastic because it will likely be better than anything else out there. I just think you end up spending more on discs with base plastic plus they often fly differently than their premium counterparts (of course there are exceptions).

As Oscar Wilde said, if everyone agreed with me then I know I must be wrong ;)

Hehe well I am not entirely discounting MVP's base plastic because it will likely be better than anything else out there. I just think you end up spending more on discs with base plastic plus they often fly differently than their premium counterparts (of course there are exceptions).

how long do base line putters last for you?

Is anyone else having problems getting their Eclipse discs to glow well? I've had an E Vector for a long time and it never has put off light like advertised, so i just figured it was a lemon. Just picked up an E Anode and it's not any better. Looks nothing like this. They fly well, no gripe about that though.:clap:

Eclipse-Ion_Profile-Split__58651.1408944010.1280.1280.jpg

I have a Dirty Dozen Tour Champ Glo Cobra and a Champ Glo CFR Rock3, and those charge quick and are plenty bright. Charge the Cobra an you can almost read by the light it puts off.

I've heard black lights work well. Haven't tried one yet, gotta pick up one. You can get them pretty reasonably priced as a flashlight. Right now I use a long LED flashlight with about 12 LEDs and it works good.

I've heard black lights work well. Haven't tried one yet, gotta pick up one. You can get them pretty reasonably priced as a flashlight. Right now I use a long LED flashlight with about 12 LEDs and it works good.

black lights work 1000x better than LEDs.

Can confirm. I play glow with my putting Envy + an Ion, Axis and Volt. Even my 200+ lumen Fenix LEDs can't match a cheap UV light

Since MVP won't listen, i have already voted with my wallet and switched back to Innova/Legacy, also encouraged my two local shops to stop ordering the "New MVP Releases" (same discs in new plastics other than base/mid-grade).. its silly how they drum up these "new releases". Theres more "new MVP releases" sitting on the shelf at my local shops not selling than any other brand, i wonder why...

I'm trying to imagine the reaction of the folks working at these two local shops when in4d walks in the door.

Perhaps those "new MVP releases" just sitting on the shelf are there because MVP makes you throw so well and so true that you never lose a disc, so you never have to buy new ones. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.