• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it not popular? I like my Alias a lot. The discussion on this thread has centered around OS mids for the last little bit, which the Alias certainly is not. However, I wasn't under the impression that the Alias wasn't popular. I think my Alias flies a lot like my Ti Buzzz: plenty of HSS, a very straight flight, and a very small fade at the end.

Aside from the Envy, the Alias is my favorite disc of the year, really it's probably my all time favorite mid. It's extremely workable.

I tried to like the Alias, I bagged it with a Tanget for a while. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, it's just that for me it couldn't replace the Axis.

I bought the alias and the envy at the same time. Loved them both. However I could throw the envy so much farther than previous putters and could make it do so many different lines that I found myself always reaching for the envy. So the alias just got consolidated out of the bag.

^yeah I like faster more OS mids to pair with a putter. Envy's/Ions/Pures etc are all very long flying driving putters so you probably are not alone.

One thing to consider with putters vs mids or even fairway drivers is not always the distance you use them at but rather the ceiling height for a given shot, the landing you want to achieve and other stuff like wind resistance etc. which all different speed classes have their pros/cons regardless of being a long drive or shorter up-shot.

I've found my Alias to be very versatile like my Axis. For me they pair well together. I use the Alias when there's penalty if overshooting the basket. It doesn't hang in the air like the Axis. They both can go left or right or straight. Big brother Axis and 'lil bro Alias. My favorite Mids for sure.

I've found my Alias to be very versatile like my Axis. For me they pair well together. I use the Alias when there's penalty if overshooting the basket. It doesn't hang in the air like the Axis. They both can go left or right or straight. Big brother Axis and 'lil bro Alias. My favorite Mids for sure.

Yeah, that's the Envy for me, so I just had no use for the Alias.

Was reading in another thread and this was just kind of thrown in the mix....

Christian Sandstrom and his wife have been using them(MVP) in a mixed bag capacity, that'll be better marketed next year now that we've got some apparel to shoot them in. He liked the distance class and approached MVP, and I think he's a great match as a geeky technique guy, so that should be interesting.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

There was a little discussion about it with Three Putt. Nothing sounds concrete though, but it DOES seem promising.

I don't know much about Christian other than that he set the distance record with the Valkyrie that was standing a few years ago when I first started playing disc golf. Does he compete much nowadays? I haven't seen him in any recent tourny videos.

I tried to like the Alias, I bagged it with a Tanget for a while. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, it's just that for me it couldn't replace the Axis.

I also tried to like the Alias and just couldn't. I bagged it for about 4 months (of nearly daily play), but never really clicked with it. That's not to say I couldn't throw it well, I just didn't "click" with it the way I did with my Envys, stags, and kaxe. I threw my alias into a pond a few days ago, and I only spent maybe a minute looking for it. It was a good disc, I just prefer the feel and HSS of my axis for almost all midrange lines.

Is it not popular? I like my Alias a lot. The discussion on this thread has centered around OS mids for the last little bit, which the Alias certainly is not. However, I wasn't under the impression that the Alias wasn't popular. I think my Alias flies a lot like my Ti Buzzz: plenty of HSS, a very straight flight, and a very small fade at the end.

it is not

Was reading in another thread and this was just kind of thrown in the mix....

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

It seems inevitable that as the line-up fills out, pros will start bagging them. I almost hope that the > 20mm drivers hold off another season while the rest of us enjoy the elbow room on the bandwagon. Not that I don't wish MVP the greatest possible success, of course, but I like my plastic superiority complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.