• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
when new they are but develop high speed turn while keeping the fade vs a volt in the same speed class which just get straighter. shock I suppose would be more of an eagle X I think it is vs the L

I agree that Shock is way more stable than either Eagle mold, both HSS and LSS, but I've never worn one in. Regardless, it's also a significantly faster disc than an Eagle. Not really comparable IMHO.

Clash and Servo are Eagle Xish, Crave is Eagle Lish from what I understand (haven't thrown an L mold).

For me at about 350 feet max distance I always felt:
Clash=eagle(turn with fade for flex shots and line shaping)

Crave=teebird(straight with fade for hyzerflips and flex shots but less turn)

the always/ever changing MVP office wall:

20141216_191417.jpg

whachuknoboutdat TMNT OM Frisbee?! :p

Hi DGCR,

It's been a while. I have been disc golf deprived and have had so little time even DGCR has fallen off the back burner. I've been driving to jobs or family early in the morning with my new MVP and Axiom discs on my dash teasing me and driving home in the dark.

Overall playing in my first year after winning the state am champs it was a down year for me disc wise. Failed to cash in the open events i played, and the pressure to stay on the ball finacialy, coupled with now donating in pro instead of supporting my hobby in am really cut in to the amount of tournaments i could or did play. And for me when i play less tounamnts, i practice less and am just more laxidasicle about the game. I did win one PDGA tournament in Am1 so a least i had a moment but im ready to play better in a new year. On a more postive note I was thrilled to finnaly just get some daylight hours during 2014 to test out the new (to me) stuff and it only took that to get me excited again.

The Proxy came in the mail first, a few weeks ago now it feels like. Its a blue on blue 173. Im gonna put my review in this thread becasue i havent been keeping up on any threads and feel like consolidating my thoughts in the blanket thread even though it is an axiom disc. My only impressions prior to throwing were watching mikes video from what seems like months ago, remembering nice straight lines, and having fondled it for a few weeks now, feeliling like it has a little bulk to it like an Envy, less compact feeling than the Theory. Realy felt like a nice compliment to the Envy and I thought it would maybe have similar HSS with less fade. From what I threw today that feel based guess seems to hold fairly true. My dozen throws with the Proxy were kind of remeind me of an Envy SS or Envy L to use the other companies parlance. I wasnt throwing in any wind but was getting minimal to no turn but a very straight finish. I wasnt exactly throwng 100%, just tossing like i would on a putter drive, trying to throw smooth 250-300. Realy like it and will be replacing a driving wizard with it.

The Atom. Let me say Ive waivered about reviewing this one as a driver prior to being able to throw it. Part of me thought i should just use it as a putting putter for some weird reason but i quickly changed my mind today. It's one thing to not drive your SPECIAL ONE putting putter but that doesnt mean i have to avoid a whole mold. I drive/drove with base line wizards and for me, I have actually never got a huge HSS difference between different plastic wizzards. For me it's more about feel. This does make me curious how much is the mold and how much the plastic with these new MVP putters but i guess im getting ahead of myself.

So I'm glad i did becasue i really liked driving with the Atom. Feel wise it reminds me of alot of the more modern, sleek, low pro, style beadless or tiny bead putters. I cant rembmer if the PA2 has a little bead like the atom and I think the pure is beadless but the atom kind of reminds me of them, though I think a little bit deeper. So far I prefer the feel of the harder Electron plastic but It will take reps to really know what works better for me in different situations. I do realy like the way it feels though, and to me I can feel the fact that the brothers used to throw wizards. That feel is one of the things that makes me think that I may soon switch my putting putter. Can't say yet though.

Flight wise I loved it. First impressuion is that I can use it as the slower version of the Theory. Maybe not the same amount of turn, cant say yet either way, but similar enough in flight and feel that I think they are gonna be lineup buddies for those tricky dog leg rights with a weird angle that takes away the FH. Also for mega glide downhill shots without headwind. While it feels quite different, the Atom will also replace a driving wizard, my most destroyed one.

Like I said, I'm stoked to get a few minutes of disc time in and getting these new MVPAxiom discs in the air out in the sun (below freezing sun, but yes, sun) has got me pumped to try to carve out some time coming up for an actual round of disc golf, wouldnt that be something :D.

My younger brother's new putter, courtesy of Aim For The Chains, MVP Proton Eclipse Anode
zltetc.jpg

Also, I read the enclosed propaganda, GYRO technology sounds a lot more like CENTRIFUGE technology in my opinion. But I digress, this thing will be one hell of a first putter. Feels suspiciously like an Omega AP in hand also.

Hmm maybe somebody got the astrology names thing right. It does look like there are constellations in the background when you blow it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts